AI teams that do unexpectedly well

Just wondering if you tend to see an AI team that defies expectations.

In my current save Nottm Forest got promoted in the first season and have been comfortably a top half EPL side for 3 years. This is without any big-name players or resources.

Any similar observations?

In mine (2030), Leigh Genesis have got to the Championship after starting in a league not even playable in the game. Notts County have gone from League 2 to the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup. Cheltenham are also ridiculous - they started off in League 1 but got relegated in the 1st season to League 2, then in 2016 got relegated to the BSP. Then somehow they achieved 4 promotions within 6 years, to reach the Premier League! Of course they finished bottom when they got there, but returned after the next season after winning the Championship (this happened twice), and managed to claim 9th place in the Prem in 2027. Oxford have also reached the Championship after several years languishing in the BSP.

York City have climbed their way to the Premiership on my current save. They been a yo-yo team for the past few years but seem to be finally adjusting to life in the Prem as they sit 9th. Other teams to have done well are Aldershot who are in League 1, Peterborough and Exeter who are in the Championship.

York City have climbed their way to the Premiership on my current save. They been a yo-yo team for the past few years but seem to be finally adjusting to life in the Prem as they sit 9th. Other teams to have done well are Aldershot who are in League 1, Peterborough and Exeter who are in the Championship.

I was going to quote that Raware! Evan though it your game. ;)

Newcastle 5th first season and Ipswich 2nd!! What is the world coming to?:(

Barnsley got promoted in my latest save and did get relegated but came straight back up and avoided the drop. Watford and Cardiff are my main premiership contenders on my other save, some other teams have done surprisingly well Doncaster had a bit of a foray into the premiership and did well initially before spending big and going down.

In my current save Nottm Forest got promoted in the first season and have been comfortably a top half EPL side for 3 years. This is without any big-name players or resources.

That isn't unexpected :D

Stoke have done unexpectedly badly on my Forest save, 4 seasons in and Stoke are midtable league 1. Coventry also, who are struggling in league 1.

Ipswich I suppose have done unexpectedly well, they are 12th in the Premiership in that save.

I'm in 2017 and Olympique Marsielle are easily the best team in the world, topping rich list and the co-efficients. Also they've won the Champions League for the last 3 seasons (beating my AC Milan side 5-1 in last seasons final, although i plan on taking them this season!!!)

Real Zaragoza are pretty good in my game. In 6 seasons they have won the league once and been runner up 3 times whilst also losing a UEFA cup final. They're current league record is Played 9, Won 8, drawn 1. They had Wenger in charge but he's back at the goons so now Laudrup has taken the reigns.

I don't really think Everton are a big surprise, and I wouldn't even include Newcastle when you consider what was expected of them when the game went to press. But West Brom, Swansea, York City - that's the stuff. In past saves I've had Cardiff, Ipswich and Watford come up to the EPL and promptly 'do a Derby' - I think Cardiff finished on 4 points one time!!!

This isn't a club team that did well, but Nigeria came second at a world Cup losing to France (amazing regen basically pushed them through)...they topped a group of Italy (won 2-1), Poland (won 3-2) and Australia (Won 1-0), beat Mali in the Ro16 (3-1), taking brazil out on penalties, and smashing Portugal in the semis.....

I was managing San Marino, we got 1 WCQ point =P

Just wondering if you tend to see an AI team that defies expectations.

Any similar observations?

As a Forest fan, i really wish this was true in real life!

I don't really think Everton are a big surprise, and I wouldn't even include Newcastle when you consider what was expected of them when the game went to press. But West Brom, Swansea, York City - that's the stuff. In past saves I've had Cardiff, Ipswich and Watford come up to the EPL and promptly 'do a Derby' - I think Cardiff finished on 4 points one time!!!

:D;) 11 points :D

How many times have Everton still been top of the table irl with 9 games to go?

I'm pretty sure Newcastle used have one of the biggest turnovers in world football before Souey/Rat Boy/Fat Sam ruined us, and so would have the potential to challenge at the highest level if managed correctly.

Newcastle. It's been bad in 06, 07, 08, for some reason the AI think they are good. I thought it would've been resolved for 09, but no, they still finish top four. Hopefully now they have been relegated it will be sorted.

Cardiff. Always get promoted and stay up. Not impossible but not as likely as on FM.

It's not that surprising how well west brom do when you look at how some of their players were rated, the west brom researcher obviously bought into mowbrays west brazil media drivel at the start of the season and it was reflected on the game (even in january, despite having the worst defence in the league by that time pretty much, their defence was still better than stokes and hulls I think on 9.3.0).

Cardiff usually come up as well, but this time they've gone down to league one and finished mid-table.

It's not that surprising how well west brom do when you look at how some of their players were rated, the west brom researcher obviously bought into mowbrays west brazil media drivel at the start of the season and it was reflected on the game (even in january, despite having the worst defence in the league by that time pretty much, their defence was still better than stokes and hulls I think on 9.3.0).

Cardiff usually come up as well, but this time they've gone down to league one and finished mid-table.

LOL, 2 words, Ismaeal Miller :D

I'm pretty sure Newcastle used have one of the biggest turnovers in world football before Souey/Rat Boy/Fat Sam ruined us, and so would have the potential to challenge at the highest level if managed correctly.

Aye, number 11 at our peak! How times change.

Southend are doing well in my West Ham save. They were in the EPL for the 2012/13 season but got relegated on goal difference. They have a really good squad though, so I expect to see them back in the EPL soon enough.

Archived