Is my assistant shy? (a small suggestion re assistant's advice)

One of the things I really like about FM 09 is the assistant advice feature. In particular, I tend to pay attention to the suggestions he makes regarding opposition players - close down this guy, go in strong on him. Usually all sensible, and I tend to go through and implement those.

All well and good. But what's with him, that if I like his advice, HE can't just implement it? Is he afraid to speak to the players?

'You know boss, we should really get stuck into their right winger, he's a pansy.' 'You know, you're right, tell the boys.' 'Errrr, no boss, why don't you just do it?' 'Grrrr'

So yeah, how about a singe button, or tick boxes for each suggestion, to accept those nuggets of advice regarding the oppostion players? (Btw, I'm talking ONLY opposition player instructions, NOT any other tactical suggestions here. That would just be daft. You need to figure that out yourself.)

While we're on this, why does he tell me to close down their full backs under 'Performance - overall' rather than 'Tactics' as with all the other players?

I'd love it if there was one button to implement all of his suggestions, or even a button for each suggestion. An "Implement This" or "Implement All" style thing

Good idea :thup:

^^Like that too.

He can't be changing the tactics without consulting the manager, now can he?

Just a small tick box near the suggestion where we can choose whether to go by his advice or not would be wonderful imo :thup:

Actually that might be the most workable one. Although, personally I do tend to go with them all. But yeah, I like this :thup:

Good idea, this would be quick and easy.

As a feature or to implement? I always like how people presume to know how easy or difficult certain thing might be to program. Maybe just because the whole thing is a complete mystery to me...

I think the "point" of the assistant advice is that you have to figure out how to implement it, or even whether it's worth implementing. The "gaps" thing is the best example, it's pure propoganda. Furthermore, even if you did "solve" it, there are various ways in which you could adjust the mentality to make the message go away.

I'm not talking about the whole thing though. Obviously it just isn't possible when you're told the strikers are too isolated; you need to work that one out yourself (don't even want to think how long that took me).

Specifically talking about individual instructions against opposition players though. You're hard tackling, or your not. You're closing him down, or you're not. Just doesn't make sense to be flipping between screens to check what the advice is, then to make an 'on/off' selection on another screen.

I think the OI screen should include a button- implement assistant suggestions. It would do all the stuff he is going to advise too. That would stop us getting asked why X piece of information has an "implement" button but Y doesn't.

I hate to sound skeptical but having such a button would make the game incredibly easy. in essence, the game will be playing itself in your behalf - as long as you continually click the button; which rather defies the whole concept a of football management game.

it wouldn't make it any easier, currently you're ass man tells you what OI's you should be using e.g 'Closing down <Player Name> at all times would greatly improve our chances in this match.' There is nothing to figure out there and all that has been suggested is a feature for the OI so that it is quicker to implement what your ass man is telling you to do. Personally i love the idea. :thup:

perhaps a button to automatically implement opposition instructions would be plausible. however, a button that also implements tactical suggestions such as: passing and closing down, would definitely make the game less challenging.

I'm not sure abouit the OP. The whole point I think is to listen what your AM is saying and work out how you are going to work that into your fixtures. It's down to your skill as a manager / tactician to be able to balance what he is saying with what your tactics alredy are. If there was a "do everything the assman is telling me" button then it wouldn't really be your management.

I hate to sound skeptical but having such a button would make the game incredibly easy. in essence, the game will be playing itself in your behalf - as long as you continually click the button; which rather defies the whole concept a of football management game.

Same here. You're the manager, so you should decide if the ass man is right in his decisions. If you follow his advice the entire time, you could also just skip the game by holidaying 1 day.

Same here. You're the manager, so you should decide if the ass man is right in his decisions. If you follow his advice the entire time, you could also just skip the game by holidaying 1 day.

But the way we're saying it should be implemented is similar to the assistant team talk thing.

Ticking a box next to each individual suggestion is the same as going into the opposition instructions and setting it up. It won't make it easier, just quicker.

But the way we're saying it should be implemented is similar to the assistant team talk thing.

Ticking a box next to each individual suggestion is the same as going into the opposition instructions and setting it up. It won't make it easier, just quicker.

Indeed. Amended the OP seeing as that's as far as people read....

Oh, I hate those ass man suggestions they are so anglophilic in content, its always close down this one go hard on that one, that is certainly not the way I like to play the game! It would be nice to have an option to disable those ass man suggestions cause they are always the same or it would be nice to see ass man with a different approach to the game who says DON’T close down their wingers :) let the wingers have the ball cause their crosses will be pointless due to our aerial advantage in the box or something like that ;)

Archived