What's best: decent or good signing?

Given this list, Decent isnt all that good really!

It can still be good though. On promotion to the Premier League at times, for example, I've found that a player considered 'decent' can still be 'a lot better' than any player I had.

Indeed it isn't. Decent Premier player more or less equals good championship player which is never enough for avoiding relegation.

I never ever buy a player with just decent potential for the league I'm in, not even as a relegation candidate in the EPL. At least potential needs to be higher, otherwise those blokes may at best one day become as good as what I already have.

I think decent covers the biggest range of signings. It could be a player who will strengthen but not improve the team, a good prospect but will require a work permit, a player who needs a lot of matches / training to improve, etc

There are a couple below decent, one is 'Last resort', there are a couple more I can't think of.

But no, decent isn't too good.

'would not be worthwhile signing' is the worst evaluation I suppose.

I think "Should sign only as a last resort" would reside below "would not be a worthwhile signing."

But I've seen the latter applied to a player that was rated highly, but unlikely to receive a work permit, so maybe it's not so straightforward?

I think "Should sign only as a last resort" would reside below "would not be a worthwhile signing."

But I've seen the latter applied to a player that was rated highly, but unlikely to receive a work permit, so maybe it's not so straightforward?

Probably because the player would not get a work permit, so it would not be 'worthwhile' to pursue him.

Archived