Is the game fixed??

I don't want to get torrents of abuse coming my way so i'll say first, this is the first time i've ever done this.

I lost to Middlesborough as Chelsea 4-1, i thought this score was unacceptable and reloaded the game :o, i totally changed my tactics and again lost 3-0.

I did this time and time again and i can't get anywhere near them. They're in 16th place atm so theyre not terribly good.

Is the game fixed against me?

I don't want to get torrents of abuse coming my way so i'll say first, this is the first time i've ever done this.

I lost to Middlesborough as Chelsea 4-1, i thought this score was unacceptable and reloaded the game :o, i totally changed my tactics and again lost 3-0.

I did this time and time again and i can't get anywhere near them. They're in 16th place atm so theyre not terribly good.

Is the game fixed against me?

Typical Cockney bastard. You obviously know **** all about football if you think that losing 4-1 to Middlesbrough is 'unacceptable'. If you did however, know anything about football, you would be able to recall the 4-1 loss Manchester United suffered, 3-0 loss Chelsea suffered and 2-1 loss Arsenal suffered all in one season and face the fact that teams can lose to so called 'lesser' teams. Absolute bell.

First off, cheating is bad hmmmkay.

Next try changing personnel/tactics might give you better results. I'm sure Arsene Wenger would have liked to reload after Hull beat Arsenal 1-0 at the Emirates!!!

1-0? Oh dear. It was 2-1 mate.

You guys are totally useless. He asks for help and you judge him because he reloaded a match. So what? It's his game, he plays as he sees fit for christ sake...

Anyway PeTrOzDaGr8, it's almost definitely your tactics. Try reading about how to build a proper tactic. That however might be time wasting and hard to understand in the beginning, so just download one of the many tactics around. If you go to the tactics forum you'll see plenty there.

Here's my own. Try it or any other tactic and then tell me how it went: Link

If it doesn't work try others. If you don't like downloading other people tactics, then you'll definitely have to learn how to build proper ones...

I'm pretty sure it's not so much about the tactics. At least not overall tactics. If one tactic has been successful and brought you victories throughout the season, theres no point to change it for one specific game - it should work here as well.

Things that need revision in tactics are:

1) Player selection. Players need to be motivated, fit etc. Sometimes some rotation makes good, playing your first 11 all the time makes them more tired and less motivated. At the same time players that you bring in should be match fit.

2) Pitch. You might want to adjust your team width and defensive line according to pitch size

3) Weather. Mostly affects passing. Short passing doesn't work so well in rain, use more direct passing.

4) Team talks. When you lose against underdog, it's pretty obvious that they were more motivated than your players. Look your assman report about team talk effects. What did he say? When you have a good run of results and morale goes high, I'm using 'expect victory' most of the time against weaker sides. No matter if home or away. If score is even at HT, say 'disappointed'. If youre down by one goal, then 'want more from you', if down by 2 goals, then angry.

I think you are missing the obvious.

You beat another Champions League team with the same fixture burden as you. Then you lost to a team without as many games and more time to recover condition/less chance of fatigue.

I may be wide of the mark, but the first thing I would be looking at is your squad management, training workload at busier times of the season and the condition of the players.

Whether you choose to replay games is entirely up to you, but I can't imagine you got any enjoyment out of it. Sometimes it is better to accept defeat and move on. Either that or blame it on not being able to see team mates because of grey shirts!

I think that a lot of the "random" factors that affect the outcome of a match are already fixed before the match starts. So things like motivation, morale, form, condition, etc are already decided before you start the match. Thus, reloading will likely have your players behave in a similar fashion.

Another aspect may be a more mechanistic explanation where the random seeds that the game uses for the match are the same and so a lot of the outcomes will be similar? This is pure speculation though.

Chelsea were arguably a better team then and they won the title during that same season.

There are always shock results in football. Of course lots of different factors come into play, especially psychological and motivational factors. In addition, not every player always reaches his maximum ability level in a given match.

You cannot make such a statement that Chelsea should never lose to Middlesbrough. It's a ridiculous statement to make. The 'better team' (as you are defining it based on individuals) does not always win in football. Otherwise Greece wouldn't have won Euro 2004 and Liverpool wouldn't have won the Champions League in 2005, to give two examples.

As for the OP, I've no doubt he made the same tactical mistakes each time he reloaded the game. It was also probably a mixture of other factors, particularly team talks. A game at Middlesbrough is going to need a very different approach, both tactically and in terms of player motivation, than a Champions League game or a game against the top 4.

C.

Give the guy a break. He reloaded it because he prob thought it was a fault or something. Whats with being abused by all these ppl who think they're smart.

If you have nothing helpful for the lad dont post.

Its prob just a once off just try motivate your players for the next game. Maybe rotate selection

Typical Cockney bastard. You obviously know **** all about football if you think that losing 4-1 to Middlesbrough is 'unacceptable'. If you did however, know anything about football, you would be able to recall the 4-1 loss Manchester United suffered, 3-0 loss Chelsea suffered and 2-1 loss Arsenal suffered all in one season and face the fact that teams can lose to so called 'lesser' teams. Absolute bell.

No true cockney would support Chelsea, their fans are sarf londoners

First off, I do not thing reloading is cheating in terms of trying to find out where you are going wrong.

Next, you should watch the match and have a look at the statistics to try and determine a weakness in your side the opposition are consistantly exploiting. Considering you are changing your tactic, the personell may well be the problem. I am not ruling out that you could be incredibly unlucky and I know it is frustrating when you lose for obvious reason, but watching over your match in more increased detail could provide you with that little insight you need.

A slow full-back could be all that is letting you down at the moment, so be patient, and check out the match in a more increased level of detail.

Give the guy a break. He reloaded it because he prob thought it was a fault or something. Whats with being abused by all these ppl who think they're smart.

If you have nothing helpful for the lad dont post.

Its prob just a once off just try motivate your players for the next game. Maybe rotate selection

Uhm, the OP asked a question and people answered. How is that "nothing helpful"?

Uhm, the OP asked a question and people answered. How is that "nothing helpful"?

I was directing that at the people who had nothing to help only criticise him for reloading the game. He can do What he likes with his save

No really, I think peter-evo might be right here.

I always check my opponent players before the match and try to found my weak spots. It might be my MC that is weak in the air (therefore loses most of the headers in the game). It could be opponents very fast wingbacks that easily neutralize my wingers etc.

You have sometimes adjust your tactics according to opponent tactics. If you figure out that he's man-marking your wingers, start swapping them. If opponents DC-s are very strong aerially, but slow, use fast technical striker and play low passes to him etc.

Archived