okay so due to my laptop breaking i have had to play fm on my desktop. the problem is when i play a match in3d(which i prefer) all the players seem to be making jerky movements. my computer is only a year old so i hope it isn't that has anyone any idea what's wrong??

Update to latest versions of your graphics card drivers and DirectX. Get the latest patch as well.

What specs does your desktop have?

not sure on spec as not tech minded, also how would i update my card drivers? i am on patch 9.03

If you're on Windows, press the Start button - and press run (If on Vista, press the start button and type dxdiag into where it says 'search programs and files'). Type in dxdiag and hit enter. It will come up with a box which will tell you your processor speed, your RAM and what graphics card you have. Click 'Save All Information' and save it to the desktop. Use notepad or similar to copy the System Information part and the Card Name (found under Display Devices) over and post it here.

If you're on Windows, press the Start button - and press run (If on Vista, press the start button and type dxdiag into where it says 'search programs and files'). Type in dxdiag and hit enter. It will come up with a box which will tell you your processor speed, your RAM and what graphics card you have. Click 'Save All Information' and save it to the desktop. Use notepad or similar to copy the System Information part and the Card Name (found under Display Devices) over and post it here.

As requested:-

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 7/12/2009, 19:41:12

Machine name: GLYNN-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Packard Bell BV

System Model: ISTART D2314

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 1790MB RAM

Page File: 2317MB used, 1514MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

What should i do next?

As requested:-

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 7/12/2009, 19:41:12

Machine name: GLYNN-PC

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Packard Bell BV

System Model: ISTART D2314

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz

Memory: 1790MB RAM

Page File: 2317MB used, 1514MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

What should i do next?

can anyone help???

I notice from what you posted that your computer has windows vista sp1. Well sp2 is available now. You can download it from various sites but here's one. http://www.winvistaclub.com/e54.html

Its not really relevant to what you want to know but it might help to install it anyway.

I found this website http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?sn=815087330335&t=1413 where you should be able to download the latest drivers for your computer.

Archived