Chances for a new stadium

My very first post, so be kind I'm fragile!

I've been managing AFC Wimbledon for 8 seasons now moving them from the BSS too the championship(I've been extremely lucky in this game) and i've been prgressivley selling off my good players to balance the books and get my chairman to improve the grounds.

This season I've hit a stumbling block, the chairman informed me that the local council will not permit any further expansion beyond 6500 and i can't keep selling off my star players to balance the books every season( my luck will runout eventually)

So my question is, will the chairman stump up the cash for a new ground or will i have to move on to a new club, i would like to continue with AFC wimbledon but not with a crappy little stadium like that.

Could it be a case of history repeating itself , will AFC Wimbledon have to join MK Dons in Milton Keyes or ground share with my beloved Crystal palace.

Any ideas what will happen ?

From personal experience, I doubt you'll get a new stadium until you reach the Premier League. Once you get there you may find that the chairman takes out a loan to pay for an expansion (even though the council previously blocked it) or even better a brand new stadium, that's unless you have a large enough amount of money to pay for it yourself.

To add to dafuge's point, it takes a few years of being in and doing well in the Premier League to get a new one :)

Definitely. Both times I've been looking for a new stadium I have had to wait a number of years of badly needing it before actually getting it.

My Nantwich stadium was 1,500 and thet board said they couldnt expand it then when we got to the prem they used the money we got from being promoted to add 12k worth of seats. Our balance wasnt that high, we ground shared with Stoke City while the work was being done. We made money at Stokes ground than we did when we returned to our own.

How much money have you got in bank balance because you need a couple of hundred million.

Transfer wheeling and dealing plus a few good cup runs has left me with about 5m, I survive on free transfers and loan Ins from my parent club Arsenal.

The most I've spent on a player is 85k that was when I moved up to the championship smashing my previous record of 9k

On 08, I got a new stadium with AFC Telford in the Championship. It wasn't massive but a definate improvement and it goes to show you can get a new stadium earlier, just not very often.

Well would you believe it! no sooner had I posted here AFC Wimbledon have decided to build a new stadium!

The new stadium is going to be a 17,000 all seater and not in Milton Keynes which is a bonus.

I managed to survive in the championship last season so I'm assuming that AFC Wimbledons championship status had something to do with it. Cost 15.5m to build with an 11m loan, tough times ahead but with a light at the end of the tunnel.

Funny moment, chairman emptys account for new ground no money left so I flogged my star goalie to Aston Villa for 2m. To replace him I buy 2 youngsters from the lower leagues for a record 350k and they both get injured in their frist training session for 2 and 3 months, DooooH!!!!!!!

Back to my good old parent club Arsenal for a three month loaner.

Archived