Windows Vista Problem

I have just purchased a new computer which is running on Vista but after i installed football manager there is no option of playing game unless i ask it to load after installation is complete. There is no shortcut to go directly to the game and when i click on my CD ROM drive nothing happens.

The main reason i got a new computer was to play football manager quicker than before and so i'm just wondering if anyone has encountered a similar problem with vista or can just help me anyway.

Thank you in advance :)

Go here: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

Or here if you use steam: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

Right-click fm.exe and then send to desktop (create shortcut). Then double-click the shortcut.

Let me know if that works :thup:

Also, if you click on the Start menu type Football Manager and it will show up in your Start Menu. From there you can left-click on the icon to play.

Also, you should be eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 7 in October, so check this is the case (Windows 7 being the new operating system from Microsoft which replaces the inefficient Vista).

Or here if you use steam: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Football Manager 2009

Right-click fm.exe and then send to desktop (create shortcut). Then double-click the shortcut.

ok i did; C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

but when i got to football manager 2009 i only get these folders:

database

games

matches

skins

sounds

and not fm.exe. i've also searched my computer and there is no sign of a shortcut, fm.exe, or even an option for the editor, but the installation process was fine and so was the updating to the recent patch but there is no shortcuts whatsoever which annoys me seeing i have just forked out on a new computer. Just my luck!

Also, you should be eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 7 in October, so check this is the case (Windows 7 being the new operating system from Microsoft which replaces the inefficient Vista).

hi gillsman where did you hear this have you got a link please.

Any chance that you went into My Documents instead of My Computer?

My Computer > (C: ) Program files > Sports Interactive > FM09

If it's not there, there has to be something wrong.

i got up until program files and there was no sports interactive folder present. I will just have to keep re-installing it and try again with these methods :(

Just quoting this because it's the solution.

It's for the "games for windows" brand, shortcuts should be put here.

i went to start> programs > games and all that came up were the default games that came with the PC.

its an absolute mystery, i just don't understand it all. Thanks for the quick responses it is very much appreciated.

i went to start> programs > games and all that came up were the default games that came with the PC.

its an absolute mystery, i just don't understand it all. Thanks for the quick responses it is very much appreciated.

I don't mean start> programs > games.

I mean start> games

Right above Computer and under my documents, music, ...

i think i've managed to do it now. it saved it here:

C Drive> program files (x86) then sports interactive

i'm new to vista and i have been using XP for a long time so i'm not fully used to this new set up at all. thanks very much for your time and help :thup:

Archived