AI managers sell their players too well?

I was managing a club in Brazil, I had a world class player on my team, which was valued 10M euro, there was always transfers rumours linking him to big clubs and asking me if I would sell him, I always hit " I will only sell him for the right price", if I had an 40M+ euro offer I would sell him, but in 7 seasons for me I never received an offer for him. So, at some point I decided to resign from my club, and 1 week later, after the new manager (Marcos, old brazilian goalkeeper in 2002 world cup) take over the manager position, I see the club transfer center and there is a 92M euro offer from real madrid to buy that player. How come!?!? If I had an 40 M offer I would sell him.

Anyone can help me if I'm doing anything wrong or if the transfer system is just bugged?

yeah but why is that? i mean its frickening difficult to offload players while AI teams have no trouble selling class players for mega bucks. also when teams do offer for my player that is worth say 15mil they will make a stupid off like 21mil - AS IF!

Archived