If you could make one change to this game, what would it be?

I would reduce the random element of games that seem to aid the lesser teams in the game... about a third of matches are won by teams that have significantly fewer chances and possestion.

I would reduce the random element of games that seem to aid the lesser teams in the game... about a third of matches are won by teams that have significantly fewer chances and possestion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rams_:

I would reduce the random element of games that seem to aid the lesser teams in the game... about a third of matches are won by teams that have significantly fewer chances and possestion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you'd make it less realistic? icon_confused.gif

Look at the possession stats for alot of Premier League games last year; you'd be surprised.

Can't think of one thing I'd change really..

I'd want to see board confidence overhauled. In particular, I'd like to see the board recognise that when you manage a big club, there are some competitions where you are likely to play a weakened team and therefore not be as competitive as other teams (e.g. League Cup in England). I'd also like the board to make less of a song and dance every time you fail to win in the league. I think the most important thing to sort out, however, would be the board sacking you when you have taken over a team mid-season who are struggling but were expected to do well and you guide them to a better position than they were on course for. As things stand, you inherit the previous manager's failings, and get the sack, regardless of the fact that you actually improved the situation markedly.

Confidence is definitely one of the big ones for me. You can win the league 5 seasons on the trot, and then if you lose out by one point the next season (and still win the European Cup or something), the board will be complaining that you're not progressing properly.

You win the league 5 times in a row in real life and you're pretty much bulletproof and would be afforded at the very least 2-3 seasons of transition.

i would make it so team talks or what you say to the press did not make what ur team do change so dramaticaly,( winning playing best football you have seen your team play 2-0, say wrong thing lose 3-2 after your team come out in the second half looking like a sunday league team just after there end of season pi** up) you get 5 choices 3 u lose 2 you draw 1 you win

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

The Confidence system! Or the Transfer system! Those are the two major probs with the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed 100%

get rid of the pointless "Player X returns to face former team" messages that i get before most games.

Make it easier to renew multiple staff contracts- cant i get the assman to renew coach and scout contracts? be much easier

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXistenZ:

When the game comes out around november, make it work from the first time, not two patches and 6 months later. That would be a major change </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But is it possible? I mean, do SI gain anything from needing patches? After all, the patches are free, so there's no financial incentive for them doing it this way.

You could argue that maybe they should spend longer working on the game before releasing it, but I'm not sure how popular it would be to release it more than half way through the real-life season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

The Confidence system! Or the Transfer system! Those are the two major probs with the game. Change either and it will make it much more enjoyable! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

amen, brother.

i would also like much more media & player interaction whenever i felt the need to have a go at a player. the options are always so limited.

I'd give the game an optional "never get fired" mode. Some of us just want to manage one team, our favorite team.

As it is, the cheating AI and the overwhelming need to endlessly tweak "tactics" that don't work makes FM seem more like a job than a game.

The manager AI is terrible still - no manager really seems any different to another for me.

I'd also bring something more to the mental side of management if possible.

Reduce the importance of tactics minutia!

Ok that's 3 but anyway...

It's impossible for me to only think about one change, so here goes...

Board Confidence!

Transfers! (even though I have personally never bought a guy over $7 million US)

Disable Human Sackings option

and an AI improvement to Major League Soccer please. It's too easy to win when I'm getting good players for free all the time icon_smile.gif

On 8.0.2 the confidence "issue" is mostly cosmetic. They say they're unhappy with you but at the end of the season, as long as you are on target for the long-term aims, you won't get sacked. Unless your name's Sven.

I'd improve the transfer system. It's way too hard to offload unwanted players - even good ones on average wages.

I'd change the transfer system. It's long been very irritating with the AI seemingly preferring to be paid in monthly installments all the time rather than up front, while also increasing their asking price every time you make a new bid just a little bit short of their previous demand. Then when you lower your offer back to where it was at the start they demand a lot less.

I think transfers need fixing, you cant sell players at all that would normally easily sell.

The Ai dont buy any youngsters or anything so after about 5-6years you completley dominate as the AI makes few big money signings.

I could go on all day about the transfer problems but i'll juest leave it at that

Well obviously the transfer fees are a bit over the top, especially a season or two into the game.

One thing I´d really like would be to get offers from other clubs for manager job. I mean if I´m for example would win SPL and go to the semifinal in the CL i´d think clubs in PL would notice that(like Martin O´Neill) instead of always having to "declare interest" for a job all the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TobbeBecks:

Well obviously the transfer fees are a bit over the top, especially a season or two into the game.

One thing I´d really like would be to get offers from other clubs for manager job. I mean if I´m for example would win SPL and go to the semifinal in the CL i´d think clubs in PL would notice that(like Martin O´Neill) instead of always having to "declare interest" for a job all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That does happen, I'm managing Atletico and was recently approached by Man united to take over the reigns from Fergie

Archived