15 yr old Youngster

I'm new to FM. I started with arsenal and i got a 15yr old youngster. He got the potential to be as good as fabregas(or better than fab i'm not sure).But his current ability is decent for league two sides. So how can i raise his attributes. I read somewhere that youngsters won't improve much when loaned out. Is that right? And i can't give him a place in the 1st team as his stats are too low.

Pls help. I want to make him a world class from a promising youngster.

Use some decent youth training schedules. Keep him in the U-18s for an year or so, put him in reserves when he's around 17, try giving him an occasional run-out with the first team. Get him tutored by Fabregas all this time. When he's got decent stats for a Premier League player, try loaning him out to some PL team. Make sure, the team loaning him in considers him as a 'valuable first team member' or else he wouldn't get much first team chances. Always keep a 'Can be Recalled' clause while loaning him out.

This very much depends on how good his stats are at the mo? Is he maybe just shy of being good enough for your first team? If so I would put him on the subs bench and sub Fabregas for him if you are in a good lead with 10 - 15 mins to go.

This will get him valuable first team experience.

The point is to get him as much 1st team experience as possible either by selecting him or getting him loaned out to a team that will definitely play him.

He'll improve over time by natural development. Make sure you have good coaches and good training schedules for him to improve in training as much as possible.

You cannot loan a player under the age of 17 anyway, so up until then there is no question whether or not to loan him out.

If you play him now, you don't do him any favour either. He's just too young. Give him time to develop and then nurture him carefully but steadily. Don't be too impatient. He'll develop for the next 9 years and doesn't need to be world-class at the age of 19 already.

I have found out that coach report puts too much emphasis to player age.

The main result is that your coach thinks that 15 yo youngster has potential to become as good as Fabregas just because he's that young and has so many years of training ahead.

Truth can be that whatever training you use, he's not going to develop that rapidly as expected and with years the coach will lower his potential rating although he has trained well.

If I get a new batch of youngsters at age 16 many of them are rated as 4* potential. After half of the season I find that some of them have become 17 yo and also their future rating has dropped to 3*. It's not that they're suddenly old, but that's the reason why very young youngsters (14-15 yo) will always get quite good ratings.

I have found out that coach report puts too much emphasis to player age.

The main result is that your coach thinks that 15 yo youngster has potential to become as good as Fabregas just because he's that young and has so many years of training ahead.

Truth can be that whatever training you use, he's not going to develop that rapidly as expected and with years the coach will lower his potential rating although he has trained well.

If I get a new batch of youngsters at age 16 many of them are rated as 4* potential. After half of the season I find that some of them have become 17 yo and also their future rating has dropped to 3*. It's not that they're suddenly old, but that's the reason why very young youngsters (14-15 yo) will always get quite good ratings.

This is an interesting point I always wondered about as well. I too noticed that the potential rating declines for some youngsters (and I mean not connected to the decrease which is caused by an increase in club reputation).

So far I thought it means they have not developed perfectly and due to the limit on possible (or likely) development it now cannot be expected anymore that they develop up to their full potential.

So is it that or just an initial miscalculation of the PA?

So is it that or just an initial miscalculation of the PA?

I think that it's just miscalculation of coach rating to player.

I think coach ratings for players potential depend on:

1) Player attributes (CA)

2) Player's age

3) Coach attributes (judging player potential)

I'm not even sure that coach report is connected with player PA. It may be connected, but may be not, as points 1-3 will give the same sort of overview of player potential even if you don't add PA as a number to this formula.

Either way, whether PA is included as a 4th part of this formula or not, player age is definitely one part. Therefore very young players will be considered as better prospects than they really are.

Natural development will kick in but also due to your good training facilities he will get better. It's probably better to keep him at Arsenal and watch his development than loan him out to a lower league team who have poor training facilities.

1. Have Fabregas coach him.

2. Ensure the U18s play as many games as possible. Often they go 20-odd days without a game. When this happens, I send them on a tour of either U18 clubs abroad, or full-blown clubs in rubbish but warm countries like Aruba and the Bahamas. With a strong youth setup like Arsenal's you could be better off with the adult clubs. Alternatively the Spanish "C" teams are a good tour, but hard to get them to accept mid-season.

3. As soon as he turns 17, if he isn't first team material yet, ship him out to a League One or Championship club or a Scottish Prem one - always handy to have one of those in your feeder setup. Or wherever you send him, make sure it's an "active" league, not a greyed-out one. Not sure if it's a myth or not, but in my experience, players develop better in leagues that are played in full rather than made up.

Good luck.

Natural development will kick in but also due to your good training facilities he will get better. It's probably better to keep him at Arsenal and watch his development than loan him out to a lower league team who have poor training facilities.

I know it's counter-intuitive, but the training facilities and coaches at the loaning club make no difference to his development. The division's reputation is key, providing he plays first team games. Before he can be loaned out get him tutored - this improves determination and the hidden atts of ambition and professionalism - the 2 main atts that affect a player's rate of progress.

I never used editors before, but someone said about PA n others,so i just checked it and find out that his PA is quite good. vela too got quite good PA and he is actually one of the highly improving player in my team. So can he develop like vela do. About coaches judging ability, liam brady got quite good player potential predicting ability.

Try giving him the odd run-out when playing weaker teams like Rotherham etc in the Carling Cup. Also get Fabregas to tutor him like what was said above ^.

Let us know how he develops in future years.

Femi!!!!!!!!!

Youngest ever player to play for Southend United in the FA Cup, my team. We've got his brother Keith as well. I'd send him out on loan at the best possible time.

Edit: I take it that this is an update you have downloaded because he should be at Everton, i guess that you bought him?

I never used editors before, but someone said about PA n others,so i just checked it and find out that his PA is quite good. vela too got quite good PA and he is actually one of the highly improving player in my team. So can he develop like vela do. About coaches judging ability, liam brady got quite good player potential predicting ability.

Please don't post actual PA, CA and hidden stat values in this forum. Ta.

Archived