URGENT! Sending my FM08 game from one mac to another

Note: The FM08 I'm talking about is the Mac Downloadable version (i think it's the mac try and buy game).

Hi all. On mac laptop#1, I have FM08 bought and paid for, and am in my third season playing as Man City. Unfortunately, a family member of mine needs to take that laptop(#1) on vacation with them very soon, so if I wish to continue playing my FM game, I need to transfer the game to laptop#2. I think i should be able to transfer all the files from one computer to another using Ichat. But is that all I need to do? How do I transfer the files from one computer to another so that they will work on the second computer? What files specifically do I need to send?

Also, like I said, the game is only bought on laptop#1, and I don't remember the code that I put in to authorize the game. How do I find that code? Do I have to buy the game all over again on the second computer? Or can I use the same code (if I can find it with your help) to authorize it on a second computer?

So what I need help on is (to summarise):

• Sending all important FM08 files from one computer to another

• Making sure they're all in the right place on computer#2

• Authorizing FM08 (im not even sure i have the game DL'd on second computer) on 2nd computer.

please help! the clock is ticking!

Hello mikebojohn,

All the files you would need to transfer over would be your save game, and your database (only if it's edited). And remember you will need to update your patch again.

I don't know how to find out the authorization code, probably be best to e-mail the place where you purchased your game from.

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

If you transfer the folder and the patch from your computer, you could use a USB stick which might be quicker than ichat. I couldn't tell you exactly the files but you could just buy a new disk and install the game again if you can't work this out.

Archived