Suggestion: Improvements to Replays

I like viewing my replays in 3D, even though I watch matches in 2D Classic. This has got me thinking- are there tweaks that could be made to replays that would improve the game experience?

Specify Replay Angle

This applies in my case. You should be able to ask to view a replay from whichever angle you want. It doesn't only apply to those who watch in 2D or text- some may want to see their goals from a different angle, such as those who watch from elevated. Which brings me on to my next point...

Replay From Several Angles

Bang! Jimmy McPike scores a screamer from forty yards. You see it again from your chosen view, before skipping to "elevated", "behind corner", and then, for something different, "2D Classic". Some are at a faster speed, some slower.

I think this would add to the realism. IRL, goals shown on TV are replayed from all possible angles. A replay like this would be fb.

Of course, you can do this at present. But it's labourous. This would do it by default.

Implementation

These options would be next to the current replay options. "Specify Replay Angle" would branch out when you hover over/click it, like on a "start" menu. "Replay from Several Angles" could be a selectable option- click on it to turn it on or off. You could then choose your camera angles in Preferences. Until you did that, the angles would be random, although I would urge SI not to have "2D" as one of the options (n.b.- "2D Classic" would be fine, but regular "2D" is not).

Thoughts?

Archived