• 2D
    • 3D Main Stand
    • 3D Elevated
    • 3D Vertical Scrolling
    • 3D Zoomed Vertical Scrolling
    • 3D Behind Corner
    • Don't watch the games my team plays

2D Classic FTW! \o/

I tried using 3D again the other day, and just couldn't keep track of my team's tactics until I stuck it to an overhead view, at which point I realised I might as well just use 2D Classic anyway. Plus the match loading times were painfully slow, even on my freshly cleaned out Alienware dual core PC - ridiculous really. And I'm in the group of people who reckon that the inclusion of the 3D ME has actually bloated and bogged the entire game down, even with all the 3D features switched off.

Take 3D out, and it's FM08, but better and faster.

Meh. The only real way to watch a match is text-only. Seeing that's not really possible anymore I go for 3D, never really like the 2d experiments that much. It might not be perfect, but it does give you some immersion, especially if you pick the behind corner viewpoint.

Zoomed vertical scrolling for sure. Only discovered it after picking up a game after someone else, but it's the way to go.

Only annoyance is when the focus is on the ref who's miles away from the action when it restarts. Oh and a quick switch to Elevated is needed to have a close look at dodgy offside calls.

Archived