I am getting a new laptop soon and...

Yes no problem. Simply put your stuff on to something like a usb stick and that should do. Remember to make sure that your have the same patch on your new computer that you had on the old on or things might not work correctly or at all.

Copy the save games files from: My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/games to a USB stick. Then paste those files into the same folder on your new PC. It's the same for graphics and any other files that you want as well :)

Well go check the folder and see what size the databases are.

The databases are typically about 100-150MB.

Your save game could be anything from a few MB to a few hundred depending on how many leagues you have loaded and how far you are into the game.

Your graphics folder again could be anything from a few MB to hundreds or even thousands.

As an example, currently my entire FM09 folder in "My Documents" is 700MB, the entire FM09 folder from "Program Files" is 1.9GB (but that includes all versions of the database, you really only need 9.0.3) and my save game is 190MB (I've got about 20 divisions loaded from about 10 nations and I'm quite far into the game - 2032)

A 2GB memory stick or a DVD would do that lot easily, or an even easier way would be to network your new laptop with your old comp and copy it all across that.

Archived