What Are Karma Points?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kain:

Though its always nice to have a high number of quality posts. icon_cool.gif

So I imagine... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

It's weird really, you get 500 spam wh0res in OTF, with 15,000+ posts each, but don't actually play FM.! Or if they do, they never really post in the GQ/Tactics forum etc. Then you have members who post vital help etc in GQ and whatnot, that have about 600 posts. lol

I spent the month of Febraury boosting my "Karma" status from Amateur to Part-Timer.

Now I'm pushing for "Semi-Pro", and that's why this post is pointless.

Only joking, it's simply an indications of the amount of posts you've made. Check your own profile to see how many you have, and as Nepenthez has said; it's quality rather than quantity that counts.

But judging by some peoples post, you wouldn't know..... icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

I spent the month of Febraury boosting my "Karma" status from Amateur to Part-Timer.

Only joking, it's simply an indications of the amount of posts you've made. Check your own profile to see how many you have, and as Nepenthez has said; it's quality rather than quantity that counts.

But judging by some peoples post, you wouldn't know..... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

something thats quite odd is this. When I was "Amateur" I was so focused on getting to the next level, that I'd check my post count nearly every hour or so.! icon_frown.gif Yet it seemed to take an eternity to get to 1,000 posts. When I got to Part-Timer, I just let it go, and thought, meh... no point trying to boost it, I'll never get that far. Now, like, 6 months later, I'm not too far of becoming Third-Team, yet I FEEL like post LESS than when I wanted to boost posts.!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Do I get one karma point per post?

And can mods give/take Karma points?

If so, what sort ofthings for?

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 point per post.

I've never known the mods to GIVE karma, but if you are accused of post boosting / spamming / freeposting, they will reset your post count, or take a whole load off. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1 point per post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

champion icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1 point per post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

champion icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif tut tut

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif tut tut </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh You're actually post boosting.

Can we get this thread locked now please? icon_smile.gif

i have always ignore Karma points, i have been registered for a very long time and it dont bother me what my Karma points is..

If i feel i want to get my opinions accross then i will post or ill keep out of it..

When people wtart thinking about Karma points they start oppening silly threads, post just for the heck of posting and generally spam..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abs_UK:

i have always ignore Karma points, i have been registered for a very long time and it dont bother me what my Karma points is..

If i feel i want to get my opinions accross then i will post or ill keep out of it..

When people wtart thinking about Karma points they start oppening silly threads, post just for the heck of posting and generally spam.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon14.gif

whs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Do I get one karma point per post?

And can mods give/take Karma points?

If so, what sort ofthings for?

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 point per post.

I've never known the mods to GIVE karma, but if you are accused of post boosting / spamming / freeposting, they will reset your post count, or take a whole load off. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think there is some variation. My karma is over 100 higher than my post count so I've either had some added or a post is worth more than a point.

Maybe 'cause I'm such a helpful chap when I feel like it. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

But judging by some peoples post, you wouldn't know..... icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

something thats quite odd is this. When I was "Amateur" I was so focused on getting to the next level, that I'd check my post count nearly every hour or so.! icon_frown.gif Yet it seemed to take an eternity to get to 1,000 posts. When I got to Part-Timer, I just let it go, and thought, meh... no point trying to boost it, I'll never get that far. Now, like, 6 months later, I'm not too far of becoming Third-Team, yet I FEEL like post LESS than when I wanted to boost posts.! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm kinda going through this right now. I'm sick of seeing 'Amateur' under my name, and I think I'm finally about thirty posts away from 'Part-Timer'. But I already know that once I get there, I will stop caring about trying to boost my karma.

Never actually noticed it untill now. icon_biggrin.gif Apparently I made around 390 posts and I'm an amateur. I had a couple on my old account, which I totally forgot about a couple of years ago and logically was purged.

I think the total posts I made since joining the first time in 2003 (I think) is around 500. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I think there is some variation. My karma is over 100 higher than my post count so I've either had some added or a post is worth more than a point.

Maybe 'cause I'm such a helpful chap when I feel like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that true? How can you check your post count?

I thought Karma was just another name for post count?

Archived