You should be able to turn off internationals

Alot of people like my self do not care about the international side of the game at all, all they do is slow it doesn.I hate having to wait 5 - 10 minutes doing nothing whilst the game processes 100s of games during that period. So annoying.

It doesn't turn them off, but it helps:

Options | Detail Level

You can set the detail level of individual competitions to "None"; the games are still simulated but are done in a "quick" fashion which generates scores and goalscorers but not a full match situation.

If you set UEFA Cup, Champions League, and all Internationals to "None" detail level, your game should process much more quickly.

Alot of people like my self do not care about the international side of the game at all, all they do is slow it doesn.I hate having to wait 5 - 10 minutes doing nothing whilst the game processes 100s of games during that period. So annoying.

If you have to wait 5-10 minutes for the game to process then I would suggest that you look at the amount of leagues you are running and how big a database your using. If your not running too many leagues or too big a database then I think its time to look at weather or not your computer can be upgraded with more ram. If it can't then its time for a new computer i think.

It doesn't turn them off, but it helps:

Options | Detail Level

You can set the detail level of individual competitions to "None"; the games are still simulated but are done in a "quick" fashion which generates scores and goalscorers but not a full match situation.

If you set UEFA Cup, Champions League, and all Internationals to "None" detail level, your game should process much more quickly.

What he said.

Turning off lower leagues? Just don't load them if lowering the detail level doesn't work for you.

Of course you shouldn't be able to turn off internationals. They have an impact on league games with players getting injured and so on.

And as far as I know you aren't able to turn them off IRL either.

I'm sure Sir Fergie would like to do so as well, but even he can't do anything about it, so why should we?

It's a fact of life. Deal with it.

Its a game though not real life, thats why people play games. I don't think you and your smart arse answers would get hired at United but you probably would on fm

Why don't you use that time to scout players from the Internationals?? Maybe watch a couple so your not "doing nothing". I thought the reason most people played this game was for the level of detail it represents. So why buy this game and turn the detail off??? Oh well your opinion i guess but for me the Internationals represents an ideal time to check out how my players are doing form-wise and I tend to watch a couple.

Utterly stupid idea, one which for me makes no sense, and takes a huge chunk away from the realism of the game, even if optional, it is simply a waste of programmers time to make the option available.

For me internationals don't do too much in terms of game speed. Not sure why they do for you. Could be your pc in general.

Also, by looking in international youth squads, you can find gems. Without internationals, it makes finding gems harder.

There's not much wrong with the idea. The real life argument is particularly silly (as it is in most cases anyway). In real life you can't turn off the Polish third division either so perhaps SI should remove the option of deselecting leagues and have them all on full detail at any time? Plus players going on international duty could still happen even when the matches weren't actually simulated - players get appearances in their record even when they are playing for a team in a nonactive league so the same could be done for internationals theoretically.

When it's laid out like that, it does just make internationals look like another league you could then choose to have active or not - if inactive you can't ever manage there. Just like the leagues that are inactive in your game, I had to upgrade my PC for FM09 at the cost of about £70 (new gfx card & ram) which at the end of the day isn't all that much, considering more than just FM benefits from it.

International management really adds nothing to the game at the moment, in FM08 the countries FA were still regarded as the 'board' I haven't dabbled in 09 to find out if its changed because as I said, the international side of the game at the moment isn't the focus. When the media has been turned up a couple of notches, and there is more feedback through it, it may make the international side more fun.

Archived