Struggling to get into a really good game

In previous versions, I've had great games with Arsenal, Roma and my supported club Celtic.

Now in this versoin i've only really "got into" one game...with celtic, and I lost the save game file!

Anytime I start a new game, with Celtic, or if i try to re-capture the magic with Arsenal or Roma...I lose interest after about september and end up sticking FM08 back on!

I really want to get "into" a good game on 09...any advice on getting that magic back?

Have you tried playing a long term game with a target that could only be achieved after a certain number of seasons? Something like winning the CL with Exeter?

:thup: Setting targets is a great way to get into a game.

Try and get a regen to become a major club's record scorer or most capped player. :D

Targets sounds like a good idea, but it still doesn't really "motivate" me to play.

I dont know if its team selections or whatever, but for some reason i can't fully get into this version.

If only i had my save game from before :(

A similar thing happened to me not so long ago and I couldn't really find a team that made me want to play FM. It just wasn't as fun as the old save file. It might seem like a weird thing to say, but maybe you should just take a brake from the game for about a week or so until you can think of a side you really want to manage? It worked for me anyway. :)

I had same problem after I gave up on my epic Lazio file because it became too slow (my fault for using 20 nations and 50 leagues or something stupid with 1gb of ram)

Now i've gotten into a Liverpool file though :)

We use the randomise generally when it's a 2-4 player game, makes things more interesting! Personally, I'm into my 11th season with Villa now and loving this game, plenty of the original players still hanging around, though there are some odd ones - Frank Lampard is the manager of Club Brugge!

In previous versions, I've had great games with Arsenal, Roma and my supported club Celtic.

Now in this versoin i've only really "got into" one game...with celtic, and I lost the save game file!

Anytime I start a new game, with Celtic, or if i try to re-capture the magic with Arsenal or Roma...I lose interest after about september and end up sticking FM08 back on!

I really want to get "into" a good game on 09...any advice on getting that magic back?

Go Rangers?

Kidding ;)

the three teams you've mentioned there are all potential league winners, why not go say, a mid league Premiership / Championship team and see if you can win the league. I started up a Norwich game and loving it.

I don't think its really about the club, its about what you want to do with the club

IMO i always look at some of the career threads and get plenty of inspiration for games there (Y)

Surprisingly this worked!

I feel really up for a game now, all I need to do is find the right club!

I'd love a "sleeping Giant" but outside of the UK...preferable a european club.

Any Ideas?

Surprisingly this worked!

I feel really up for a game now, all I need to do is find the right club!

I'd love a "sleeping Giant" but outside of the UK...preferable a european club.

Any Ideas?

What about Steaua Bucharest? They made a couple of European Cup finals in the late eighties but haven't done a lot in Europe since.

Archived