[FM09] Chelsea FC - The Rebuilding Project

AdamFitz

Career Summary and Stats

Club Management

[font=Courier New]Season       Team      Division         Country    Position     [/font]
[font=Courier New]2008-09      Chelsea   Premier League   England[/font]    1st
[font=Courier New]2009-10      Chelsea   Premier League   England[/font]    1st
[font=Courier New]2010-11      Chelsea   Premier League   England[/font]    1st
[font=Courier New]2011-12      Chelsea   Premier League   England[/font]    1st
[font=Courier New]2012-13      Chelsea   Premier League   England[/font]    1st
[font=Courier New]2013-14[/font][font=Courier New]      Chelsea   Premier League   England[/font]    1st
[font=Courier New]2014-15      Chelsea   Premier League   England[/font]    1st
[font=Courier New]2015-16      Chelsea   Premier League   England[/font]    1st
[font=Courier New]2016-17      Chelsea   Premier League   England[/font]    1st
[font=Courier New]2017-18      Chelsea   Premier League   England[/font]    1st

13th July: We made our first signing today, he is Franco Zuculini. He will join the club at the start of the new year from Argentian outfit Racing Club for a fee of £500k. I think he's a fantastic prospect and if he doesn't do very well here I'm sure someone else could take him on. Elsewhere, Hilario and Paulo Ferreira both left the club, going to Barcelona for £1m and Racing Santander for £2.5m respectively.

16th July: Our second signing has been made, in the form of Vagner Love. The Brazilian international has signed from Russian side CSKA Moscow for a fee of £15m + £5m over 24 months, hoping he will do the business.

20th July: Today we let go of Michael Ballack for £6m, he's gone back to FC Bayern. I don't regret selling him to be honest, he was getting older and was eating up the wage budget.

21st July: We also decided to let Juliano Belletti go. I think £5m is a great deal for us and possibly for Newcastle, and I'll be looking for someone to backup José Bosingwa at right-back now.

22nd July: I think I'm here for the long-term, or at least I hope so. We've let go of another older player in the form of Claudio Pizarro. He's also gone to Newcastle for £4.5m, he'll go there on the 1st of July 2009.

24th July: Petr Cech's new back-up has arrived, I've signed Vincent Enyeama from my feeder club Hapoel Tel-Aviv for a mere 75k. Looks like he will be a good signing, and good backup.

25th July: More depth in midfield, we've brought in Yohan Cabaye from Lille for £5m. Not a bad deal in my view.

30th July: Brought in a bit of youth today. Daniel Opare has signed from Real Madrid for £200k, but failed to get a Work Permit, so he's off on loan to Westerlo most likely. Razvan Ochirosii has come from Steaua Bucharest for £500k, I think he might be on the same boat as Franco Zuculini, as in if he doesn't succeed here, I'm sure there will be profits to be made.

31st July: Brought in back-up for Ashley Cole, Peter Masilela has signed from Maccabi Haifa for a fee of £500k. He's not great, but as I said he probably won't be starting.

August 2nd: I've bought Alberto Paloschi from Parma & AC Milan (co-owned) for a mere £2m (£1m to both clubs)! Couple of youngsters to come in and I should be ok.

August 3rd: Another youngster brought in today, I've gotten Jan Polak from Slovan Liberec for £35k, which I think is an absolute bargain, really unsure why he was transfer listed there!

August 12th: Signed yet another youngster. Rajko Brezancic has joined from Serbian giants Partizan Belgrade, for £8k.

August 22nd: A sad day for the club as Ricardo Carvalho left for Real Madrid for £20m. I thought it was a great deal, and I replaced him immediately.

August 23rd: As I said, a new centre-back came in straight away. I'm very pleased to have signed Mamadou Sakho from Paris Saint-Germain for £10m.

August 25th: Stefan Radu came from Lazio for £2.5m for more back-up, and Atlético youngster Germán Pacheco signed for us for £100k.

August 27th: Cristián Zapata came in from Udinese to complete defence.

Update 1st November:

Today, in our homegame against Stoke City in the 31st minute, Vagner Love completed his hattrick and in doing so scored his 20th goal of the season for us in all competitions (not including friendlies or international games), in only 13 games! He's fantastic. We have also completed the signing of Oscar from Sao Paulo for £3m, but he won't sign for us until the new year in 2010. We are also keeping our eye on Keirrison, who is out of contract as Palmeiras on the 30th of April.

Update 1st January 2009:

Vagner Love was noticed, and won European Footballer of the Year, World Footballer of the Year, World Player of the Year and European Striker of the Year, he even got into the World Team of the Year! In Transfer News, Didier Drogba left for Juventus for £12.5m, Nicolas Anelka has gone to City for £30m, Franco di Santo is on his way to RSC Anderlecht for £775k, and Lee Sawyer is going to Burnley for half a million. Today, Maxi Rodriguez, Oscar Cardozo, Franco Zuculini and Davide Santon have arrived at the club, while Yohan Cabaye and Peter Masilela look to be on their way out for £9m and £950k respectively.

Congratulations on the trophy! I also had a look at Chelsea's Wiki entry due to seeing the nickname of "The Pensioners". I learned something about a very special group of people -- thanks for being so complete with your start.

Chelsea FC: Season 2008/09

Media Prediction: 2nd

Final Position: 1st

League Table: 1st (90 Points)

I told the board that I'd challenge for the title, I went one better and won it. It went down to the last day of the season after I drew 1-1 at home in our second last game of the season against West Ham, they equalised in the 86th minute, sickener. We beat Middlesbrough 3-2 on the last day of the season to secure the title, an absolutely fantastic achievement.

FA Cup: Semi-Finals (Lost 2-1 to Arsenal)

Arsenal are impossible, this time I thought I'd beat them but I didn't thanks to a comeback single handedly by Emmanuel Adebayor, scored a goal which I thought was offside and then a dodgy penalty. Damn.

League Cup: Winners (Won 2-0 against Manchester United)

Great performance from the lads, the first-half performance was amazing, and we deserved to win.

Champions League: Semi-Finals (Lost 2-2 on away goals to FC Barcelona)

Really wanted to get to the final, but we were missing key players such as Vagner Love and weren't good enough. Sporting CP beat Inter Milan to get to the final!

Squad & Tactics

This is a tactic my mate made a while ago, I only adjusted it slightly. Very good tactic. My squad has a good bit of depth but not a lot of experience, still very good.

Finances

Fell down a bit but should be ok.

Transfers 1 | 2

Chuffed with most of them, sold Masilela and Cabaye for bigger prices than I had bought them for, without starting them. Bought Nakamura and Mizuno to get some revenue from my commercial feeder club.

Topscorer: Vagner Love (45 goals)

Most Assists: Deco (21 assists)

Man Of Match: Vagner Love (17)

Average Rating: Vagner Love (7.59)

Vagner was fantastic, didn't do to well towards the end but still, 45 goals is amazing. Deco weighed in with an impressive 21 assists.

Other News:

There should be a new stadium on the way, and better youth facilities.

Season       Team          League            Finished  
2008-2009    Chelsea FC    Premier League    1st - League Cup Winners

1st September Update:

We won the Community Shield against Arsenal, beating them 2-1, a great win. We made some good transfers, as the rebuilding continued, bringing in some quality youngsters, the only regen I brought in was John Berry (Next John Terry? Nope he's a centre forward!) from Aston Villa for £2.5m.

• 2 months later...

I haven't updated this in a long time, but I'll just run you through a few things:

Won absolutely everything apart from 1 Champions League since 2009-10

Became the best manager in the world :D

Got a new stadium, holds 65000

Vagner left, was unhappy so I flogged him to Barca for 33.5m

Club is totally revamped

Squad

Best Regens:

Chris Foster

Ronnie Reid

Vicky Abed

Jason Dyer

Christian Baudry