Why?!

Why do clubs constantly bid for players that they have no chance of getting or unsettling.

Im at liverpool and arsenal have bid for one of my youngsters about once a week for about 2 months.

I have rejected every offer saying he is not for sale, he has come out in the press and said he isnt interested in arsenal and basically wants to stay on numerous occasions, yet still, the annoying AI bids.

What's the point in your players telling another team publicly there not interested and theres basically no chance of them leaving if it achieves nothing.

But what really gets my goat is the fact they offer crap money for a player there supposedly desperate to get, and when you turn down the offer they come back with roughly the same offer EVERY SINGLE TIME!!

Please gooners, leave me alone, or i will take over your team and destroy it!!

I really hope SI fix this, it kind of ruins what is a reasonably realistic game.

Am i ranting? maybe. I come in here to let off some steam as the wife just doesnt want to hear it, and maybe, just maybe, somebody out there will feel my pain... ;)

Put the asking price at a ridiculous amount, thats normally shuts them up.

Yes, that usually works.

Except for this one time when I set the asking price for one of my star players at 63m euros, thinking "Ha! Nobody would ever bid that much", and the next day Real Madrid bid 63mil, chairman went over my head and accepted, and bye bye star player, lol.

But 63 mil did get me a good replacement though, with some change to spare :) .

Yes, that usually works.

Except for this one time when I set the asking price for one of my star players at 63m euros, thinking "Ha! Nobody would ever bid that much", and the next day Real Madrid bid 63mil, chairman went over my head and accepted, and bye bye star player, lol.

But 63 mil did get me a good replacement though, with some change to spare :) .

I set my low profile wonderkid to £30m, and somebody bid it :D

Then you may set it higher. 60m, 90m, you name it. To make the team who made offer to withdraw from that and to avoid your player to be unsettled and unhappy which may happen if you straight away reject the bid.

So, we negotiate higher price, but not reject. :-P

Archived