Winning the top league too quickly

Hi there,

Does anyone else find that once they have brought a team up through the leagues and into the top league of that nation, that winning the title happens all to easily?

I only ever play as a team in the lowest playable league, mainly so I dont get bored. But this boredom soon sets in when I get to the top division and win it after only three seasons of being there.

This has happened on both saves I have played on 09 so far with AFC Wimbledon and Marbella, whilst on my current save im top of the league with Catanzaro with about 6 weeks of the season left, this again being my third year in the top division (Serie A)

Obviously I know this is mainly to do with the AI of the big clubs simply not buying world class talent when its right in front of them, or when they do they sign a winger and play the rest of the season using a diamond formation and he never plays (something that must be addressed!).

All I ask for is that when I arrive to the promised land, I am made to fight over many many seasons to finally clinch that first title! cheers

I won the league in my third season with Fulham and have retained it another three times, so I agree with the OP. I didn't feel I deserved to win the first two, I simply finished first due to other teams losing easy games, not strenghtening their squad, etc

It happened with me with not soo much of a lower league team. I took over West Ham from Peterborough, and i found myself in the championship. Got my self promoted, and i finisehd 5th in the Prem second season , before winning the Premier League in the 3rd. Could you imagine Ipswich winning the Premier League in 3 years time?

I know what you mean, the same happened to me, I think I won it in my third season there with Dartford. I find that by the time I've taken a club from the bottom to the PL, their squads are a bit of a state and I'm able to sign all the best youngsters far too easily.

^agreed, with decent scouting I've found it quite easy to build a world-class squad with Dag & Red by around 2020. Admittedly, I've only won it in my 6th season, but I still feel as though the challenge should have been greater, I'm winning by 15 pts at the moment.

^agreed, with decent scouting I've found it quite easy to build a world-class squad with Dag & Red by around 2020. Admittedly, I've only won it in my 6th season, but I still feel as though the challenge should have been greater, I'm winning by 15 pts at the moment.

Something definitely seems to happen around the 2020 mark. I think it is where the last of the real players start to get old and the AI teams haven't really strengthened for the future too well.

While teams of 30+ real players versus my team of regen wonderkids is an interesting battle, there will only be one winner over time.

Generally takes me till 2025 to win (the premiership) with a BSN/S team. Although I've stopped playing this way of late. I find the easiest league to be league 1, too easy to get good foreign players and build a top league 1 team from scratch upon promotion from league 2.

Generally takes me till 2025 to win (the premiership) with a BSN/S team. Although I've stopped playing this way of late. I find the easiest league to be league 1, too easy to get good foreign players and build a top league 1 team from scratch upon promotion from league 2.

League 1 was actually the first league I got stuck in, I just kept getting stuck against good relegated Championship teams in the playoffs.

only league i have won was the championship with over 100 points the season after i got relegated form the Prem, but then again i strugle to know what tactic im ment to use as it seems random on my game ;)

Archived