[FM09] Los Indigos to finally win the battle of Madrid?

shootie

175px-Atletico_Madrid_logo.svg.png

Club Atlético de Madrid S.A.D is a Spanish football club based in Madrid who play in the Primera División of La Liga. Their home stadium is the Vicente Calderón Stadium, which currently holds up to 55,000 spectators. The club is one of the most successful in Spanish League history, having won both La Liga and the Copa del Rey on nine occasions, including a double in 1996. They also won the European Cup Winners Cup in 1962 and were European Cup runners-up and Intercontinental Cup winners in 1975.

During their history, the club have been known by a number of nicknames including Los Colchoneros or The Mattress Makers due to their first team stripes being the same colours as old-fashioned mattresses. During the 1970s they became known as Los Indios. This was allegedly due to the club signing several South American players after the restrictions on signing foreign players was lifted. However there are a number of counter theories which claim they were so named because their stadium is camped on the river bank or because Los Indios were the traditional enemy of Los Blancos —the whites. The latter nickname refers to the club's city rival Real Madrid.

9.0.2 Database

Leagues Loaded: England (League 2-EPL) France (National - Leige 1) Italy (Seire A+B) Spain (Liga BBVA+ Adelante) Ukraine (Premier League) Germany (First Division)

No Edits

1st Team Squad (As of September 2 2008)

Goalkeepers:

Gregory Coupet

Leo Franco

Angel Bernabe

Defenders

Antonio Lopez

John Heitinga

Tomas Ujfalusi

Luis Perea

Pablo

Mariano Pernia

Giourkas Seitardis

Midfielders

Paulo Assuncao

Ever Banega

Ignacio Camacho

Maniche

Simao

Luis Garcia

Maxi Rodriguez

John Fleck

Juan Rodriguez

Forwards

Sergio Aguero

Diego Forlan

Florent Sinama-Pongolle

Current positions:

La Liga 9th W:1 D:0 L:1

Champions League: Group stage ( Vs Manchester Untied, Steaua, Schalke)

Copa Del Rey: TBA

Top 4s

Top Scorers:

Sergio Aguero (4)

Diego Forlan (1)

Maxi Rodriguez (1)

Antonio Lopez (1)

Top Assists:

Maxi Rodriguez (2)

Pablo (1)

Paulo Assuncao (1)

Diego Forlan (1)

Competitive results so far:

Fenerbache 1-3 Athletico Madrid

Aguero (2)

Forlan (1)

Athletico Madrid 2-2 Fenerbache

Antonio Lopez (1 FK)

Maxi Rodriguez (1)

Athletico Madrid 0-1 Espanyol

One thing to say abouth this game, Forlan is a waster

Osasuna 1-2 Athletico Madrid

Aguero (2)

All going well so far, Forlan was unsetlled by transfer talk by Liverpool, he hasnt scored since the 1st leg vs Fenerbache and was the sole reason I lost to Espanyol. I changed formation after to put Aguero up top with him, i had Aguero CAM before this. Went 1-0 to Osasuna in the 1st 10 minutes and i thought it was going to be Espanyol all over again. Aguero just took over after that he could of had 4, Dont know what im going to do with Forlan i might play Sinama-Pongolle next game if he dosent fire in he champions league game vs Steaua.

Archived