This made me laugh

To be fair, McLaren isn't that bad a manager. He hasn't done too badly at Twente, and the players just didn't care when he was managing England. It is possible.

But would you choose him over the better Dutch managers.

I don't think so.

To be fair, McLaren isn't that bad a manager. He hasn't done too badly at Twente, and the players just didn't care when he was managing England. It is possible.

Is it not his job as manager to make sure they care?

The guy was an outstanding coah, there is no doubt about that. But he has no charisma and arent too many managers at the top of the game that dont have charisma.

If you cant motivate someone to play for their country, you are not a good manager in my opinion.

From his time in england he also came across as tactically inept. His time sitting consistently in the lower half of the premier league table with 'Boro did not give him the oportunity to imrpove that side of his skills and he got the England job way too early.

Who knows, he may become a top manager one day, but i really dont see it happening.

It is logical, because Steve McLaren is doing a brilliant job at Twente. He is already highly regarded because Twente is the only team in Holland who still plays in a typical 'Dutch style' AND is succesfull.

In Holland we judge him by his current succes ;)

He took Boro to a UEFA Cup final, won their first ever trophy and finished 7th in the Premier League. If you think he is not a good manager, look at Boro since he left. Some people are too quick to dismiss people as 'laughable', but they really should consider their achievements before they judge them.

Saying that, he does have a shocking Dutch accent.

He took Boro to a UEFA Cup final, won their first ever trophy and finished 7th in the Premier League. If you think he is not a good manager, look at Boro since he left. Some people are too quick to dismiss people as 'laughable', but they really should consider their achievements before they judge them.

Saying that, he does have a shocking Dutch accent.

Would you rather have him or Frank Rijkaard?

I remember when England and Estonia were on the same quali. group and England came to play to Tallinn. McClaren was manager of England back then. England didn't had the best of times then and the loss of any points against us would finish their hopes for qualification. So McClaren was under pressure and even draw would have been probably sacking for him.

I remember that I ended up sitting next to some English guys that supported our team even more than England. I wondered why so, so I asked them. The answer was quick: "We don't like McClaren, hope he'll get sacked. You should score for that to happen" :D

Archived