A-League Designated Player help

i have started a game in the aussie A-League, knowing nothing about this league at all !!! :p

If Some One Could Help Me Would Be Great I Have Learnt Some Stuff From Wiki And Other Threads I Have Read But ONE rule is bothering me . . . Designated Player ??? :confused:

What is This And How Do I Use It ??

Thanks

i have started a game in the aussie A-League, knowing nothing about this league at all !!! :p

If Some One Could Help Me Would Be Great I Have Learnt Some Stuff From Wiki And Other Threads I Have Read But ONE rule is bothering me . . . Designated Player ??? :confused:

What is This And How Do I Use It ??

Thanks

From a personal POV, Id not waste my time with the A-League purely because its very inaccurate to what it should be. In-turn it takes away from the whole experience of playing there. Same applied to FM08 and having read a few others "vent" frustrations about the league I've made sure to stay clear (sadly) in 09.

I dont believe you can sign a "Marquee" player in FM from what I've heard.

The Marque player (i assume thats what you mean by designated) is one player who's wages are not your salary cap. Obviously, your highest earner. Thus, in FM, your highest earning player will not have his wages inside the salary cap. This is from my FM08 experience - happy to be corrected.

The first replier is going over board I think. It had bugs, but the HAL in 08 was quite playable because of teh Asian Champions League. The actual ALeague was easy to play (Especially melb victory) but Asian teams don't have salary caps which mad it hard to win.

FM09 implements the new youth league which would be good. Haven't got to it yet in FM09 though.

i think it automatically picks your highest earner as your marquee player and so they won't be included in the salary cap. But personally if you want a good a-league experience i'd reccommend playing it on fm 07 and using the data editor to put the top 2 a-league sides in the ACL.

Archived