absolutely HUGE decision....advice needed!

So I'm still playing FM08, as I can't really get into 09, and I started a save a while back where I decided to take Nottingham Forest back to greatness. I went up from L1 the first season, got 8th the second, and got a shock promotion the third season.

Considering I was only supposed to be established in the Championship in 3 seasons, the board gave me a new contract and the new goal to get established in the Premiership. Now, I was kind of in a pickle, because I knew my team wasn't going to challenge in the Prem, as I hadn't built them up yet. I went straight back down, and now in my contract year, i'm preparing to try to stay up. The team is comprised mostly of 3 and 4 star players, so i think it'll be difficult, but possible. I just signed a couple of players, and the friendlies are starting in two weeks......Enter: AC Milan

AC Milan have offered me a 2 year contract, of course asking to win Serie A in that time. The team has won 2 out of the last 3 titles, and offers 43 million pounds to spend. To add to the that, they already have stars like Aguero and a slightly aging Eto'o, as well as Akinfeev AND Craig Gordon, which if I do take the job, I'll sell one and use the money to buy someone else. They just sold Kaka to Chelsea for around 27 million, so I think there's more money to spend than 43 million.

The question is, do I stay loyal to my original goal of restoring Forest to glory, or do I jump ship and possibly win a bunch of trophies in Italy? I've managed big clubs before, but this job offer feels different, as I started in L1, and now AC Milan are calling. And when AC Milan call, people listen. Give me your thoughts!

Create a new save so you can go back to your Forest one if you get bored.

I did this once before when I was coaching PSV and Fiorentina offered me a job. I made two saves and after i looked at Fiorentina's squad more closely, I instantly went back to PSV

Tricky one. IRL Milan would be too good to turn down but in the game another opportunity like the Milan one will probably arise so I guess stick with Forest...but it is tough...

i made 2 different saves, in the milan one, i've stolen my ass man from Forest and I'm pretty sure my team is the most complete I've ever came across......I made one signing, and I think that as long as I get my tactics right, I should be able to win the Serie A, if not a lot of other stuff along with it. I'll probably go back to the Forest save sooner or later

Be a man and make a decision

Making two saves is purely for wimps

hm, I guess I'm a wimp....though to be fair, I don't feel right going back to my Forest save now that I'm in late september with Milan. Still tweaking my tactics, and getting like 25 shots off a game, but not getting the best of results just yet. Also, Gilardino has been a complete scrub, and I'm considering selling him unless his form gets better. He's 30, and I can still get a lot for him and pick up someone younger. On the other hand, Eto'o has been a revelation and Aguero as well. Yeah, I don't think I'm playing the Forest save.....if I do, it'll be months from now

Milan would definately be the highlight of your career but you will have to set yourself tasks to stop it becoming stale after a couple of seasons. Sticking with Forest would probably be the most fun in the long run unless you can really get into the Roleplay aspect of making Milan the greatest side ever in the history of football. You could always resign after winning the European Cup ten times and start again somewhere else, beating your old record.

AC milan any day. But if you really can't do it then make two saves. Money should always come over a sense of attachment, unless you are involved in any way with Arsenal.

Actually, I was linked with a plethora of jobs at the end of the year, but i decided I would only accept if Arsenal approached me (as they're my favorite team). Anyone else would take strong consideration.

Also, i checked back in on forest....they've loaned about about 40 people, and they don't have a coach yet......it's weird

Archived