look what I jst won on Ebay...

i buy loads of psp promos on ebay, they're basically the full version of the game that is sent out to magazines, etc for review purposes,they often find there way onto ebay though. I just search for 'psp promo' everytime Im on ebay and I came across this, I should have it on monday so anyone with any questions they'd like me to try and answer before the games launch just ask!

• SI Staff

A quick word of warning - I believe there was a 0.02 version produced for reviewers preview evaluation (disclaimer - I may be wrong about this as I'm a coder and not involved in production at all, but I've a feeling that this was a preview build).

However as the version number suggests this probably isn't the same as the final release version of the game and as such isn't at all the same as the final game (ie. please don't complain if you get anything untoward happen on the game - I'm afraid you're purchasing a version which shouldn't be available for sale and isn't the final product at all).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lordy:

To be honest i am more interested in why you are buying things such as that girly necklace and the sims!

Are you hiding something son? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mayb a girlfriend icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A quick word of warning - I believe there was a 0.02 version produced for reviewers preview evaluation (disclaimer - I may be wrong about this as I'm a coder and not involved in production at all, but I've a feeling that this was a preview build).

However as the version number suggests this probably isn't the same as the final release version of the game and as such isn't at all the same as the final game (ie. please don't complain if you get anything untoward happen on the game - I'm afraid you're purchasing a version which shouldn't be available for sale and isn't the final product at all).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marc Vaughan, 18 November 2007 19:22 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the heads up Marc, I got it for a good price and I was intending to buy the retail verion anyway, maybe just wont rush out as quick on launch day now though.

I'll just treat is a sort of preview for myself...

icon_cool.gif

Got the game today... icon_cool.gif

the 1st thing I noticed is a new option when selecting a player, 'position'

for example, Lee Bullen, DRC at sheffield wednesday, when clicking position it now tells you how he would fare in other positions eg.

hes 'natural' at centre back, accomplished at right back, LB, CF, CM, RF and competent in load more positions, and the 'unconvincing' at LM, LWB, LW...

this is somethng I suggested and very pleased to see it implemented.

feel free to ask me absolutly any question about the game and I'll try and answer it. obviously cant comment on editing features as I dont have instruction.

I have a screenshot application installed on my psp so i'll try and get some uploaded if I can

icon_cool.gif

a word on the reserves,

this new feature doesn't seem much to shout about (so far), my 1st impression of it is basically just a way for you to fir more players in your squad as there is no apparent reserves league, they play friendlys but you dont seem to get match reports from them.

QUOTE] A few questions:

a) Does the reserve system work well and is there a reserve league?

b) can you re-train a players position?

c) doubtful but still, are there finances and if you win a cup, is there prize money?[

not too sure about the reserves yet, doesn;t seem like anythng more than somewhere to 'store' more players, unsure about players positions as yet but seems like a no and no sign of finances (not won a cup yet!)

(bear in mind the version of the game Im playing is a version not intended for retail and therefor may vary slightly from the retail version)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

Holland now call up real life players rather than the 'grey players' as in FMH07, maybe we'll be able to manage them? still same old with germany though, and Still Oliver Kahn has some dody fake name... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really hope we can manage the Dutch team (since i'm dutchicon_razz.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">doesn;t seem like anythng more than somewhere to 'store' more players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, that's exactly what was needed - a place to dump the crap while you're trying to sell them, so they don't clutter up your first team.

Mightyowl28,

Would you mind ripping that odd little UMD of yours and throwing the ISO online so others can test it too?

Don't worry, I have bought all the previous versions of FMH so I certainly won't settle for a downloaded BETA, I have a collection to build...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rubinja:

Mightyowl28,

Would you mind ripping that odd little UMD of yours and throwing the ISO online so others can test it too?

Don't worry, I have bought all the previous versions of FMH so I certainly won't settle for a downloaded BETA, I have a collection to build... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be blatantly illegal and I'm sure Mightyown28 wouldn't do that.

This is one of hte reasons imho why despite decent sales of the hardware itself the PSP is struggling to get games created for the console (rather than cheap ports) - simply put people are vast fast to copy games rather than purchase them.

Bah humbug I know - but it does annoy me as with any product there is a point where it becomes non-commercially viable and at that point it ceases to be created, I've seen this happen in the past with various games and would really prefer it not to happen to one of mine.

PS - We add a load of stuff to our PSP games to bulk out ISO's and as much as possible try and prevent this from happening incidentally ... having to do this does detract from the time and effort we can put into making the games unfortunately, but its a neccassary evil.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

Holland now call up real life players rather than the 'grey players' as in FMH07, maybe we'll be able to manage them? still same old with germany though, and Still Oliver Kahn has some dody fake name...

I really hope we can manage the Dutch team (since i'm dutch) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The job is listed in the job screen so I should think you will be able to manage them...

a little medal to the first to unlock (and upload!) international management anyone.. (or maybe a nice title with their name..?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The job is listed in the job screen so I should think you will be able to manage them...

a little medal to the first to unlock (and upload!) international management anyone.. (or maybe a nice title with their name..? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me want... :p lol I'll have to preorder this game to "defend my title" icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

have you been able to arrange your own friendlies?

have you been able to arrange your own friendlies? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oops, that just meant to say 'no'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">mightyowl has any players from this thread emerged yet?

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4892031...072017643#9072017643

Ive seen Pato has been added </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not much luck on any of the players in here, no Van den Borre, Kerlon seems to be gone, Lulinha is in. And then theres a load of new young talent...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feddemaster:

In 07 when I was a team in Spain or something which had a 2nd team, i wasn't able to offer players like i could in the Prem... Has that been fixed now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it has - we've changed the UI so that Demote/Promote (ie. move to B team/A team) is on the menu bar now and the offer to clubs is selectable using the circle button.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feddemaster:

In 07 when I was a team in Spain or something which had a 2nd team, i wasn't able to offer players like i could in the Prem... Has that been fixed now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it has - we've changed the UI so that Demote/Promote (ie. move to B team/A team) is on the menu bar now and the offer to clubs is selectable using the circle button. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's really good news. In 07 I never played in an other country than England because of this. Because my tactic is quite dependant of thisicon_razz.gif So thanks a lot Marc. Could you tell me if it was something you guys at SI already thougth of or that I was taken from the list of possible improvements we made? (I submitted iticon_razz.gif)

mightyowl has any players from this thread emerged yet?

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4892031...072017643#9072017643

Ive seen Pato has been added

not much luck on any of the players in here, no Van den Borre, Kerlon seems to be gone, Lulinha is in. And then theres a load of new young talent... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any names that you had heard of that have emerged?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'll have to preorder this game to "defend my title" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done icon14.gif!

Hopefully, as it's play, it will arrive tomorrow icon_eek.gif

I hope so anyway, I can't wait icon_wink.gif

Archived