Your decision to sign....will require justification..........why?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamiebarnes:

you should be allowed to justify all signings at the end of year, in the same way media comments are done you could say to the board

-sorry, yes bad judgement

-he will come good, trust me

-he was only a short term measure

-yes, he was 23million, Ill get my coat... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ill get my coat! classic! rofl icon_biggrin.gif

"This will require justification" means, in my book, that the board wants the reasoning behind the transfer. Ok, so give me the option to give you my reasons! I have signed this 17 y.o. kid because my scouts tell me he'll be a top player in a few years time. I'm buying him now so I don't have to pay 50m to get him in 3 years. Isn't this a good enough reason? It's about time we get a voice in this game. I'm tired of not being able to defend myself.

I learned not to care about these comments after an incident:

I bought a striker (blas perez), and a month or maybe two after his arrival, when I got the board confidence summary on my new it said that they are satisfied blah blah but my decision to sign perez had to be justified since he looks like a poor acquisiton or sth like that. Then a month passed and the new summary arrived, this time it said they were pleased, underlined by the fact that that I signed perez who seemed farily a good capture for the club. Not only that they totally changed their view in such a short time period (and didn't apologize for their previous statement) but the interesting thing was the player didn't actually do much which would cause such a drasitcal change. His average was sometihng around 7-7.5 and he just scored a few more gaols compared to his previous month. So obviously the boards do not think about those statements very carefully and the decisions are quite wrong so don't bother yourselves much about them.

And another think that bothers me about this forum is that how people are so aggresive that the topic maker feels that people will start shouting at him for expressing his opinion and finds it necessary to add the little "note that I actually like the game" warning. It's sad that the opinions can't be expressed freely and people fear of being accused by (anti) fanboyism.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunce:

And another think that bothers me about this forum is that how people are so aggresive that the topic maker feels that people will start shouting at him for expressing his opinion and finds it necessary to add the little "note that I actually like the game" warning. It's sad that the opinions can't be expressed freely and people fear of being accused by (anti) fanboyism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif don't bother about that. feel free about the way you feel. just make a good post and be constructive.

The board reaction to signings on this game makes no sense. I once brought in a young striker on a free, he started knocking in goals left and center for my reserves, and after three substitute appearances for the full team, his signing had to "require justification".

But don't worry, I'm still enjoying the game icon_biggrin.gif

I actually have this idea about board confidence, and it seems to hold up well.

Regardless of how you're doing, the board will tell you something positive (the best thing that happened), and likewise something negative. So, no matter what you did, there is always one thing which won't be as good, and they will tell you so.

It's probably the way SI thought to present the board's thoughts, more than any bug. That's what I think anyway.

I know how you mean. When I was at Real Madrid, I bought a 17 year for 1.1 Million. Nothing really. As the season got going, I used him as a sub and back up player, givng him experience and trying to slowly get him to gel into the team. My board started to say that signing him will require justification. I was like, give the guy a break! I have only just signed him, he is only 17 team and I havent played him in many games.

Just so happens, in his second season with me, Robben was struck with injury and he stepped in and ending up becoming my best player and a crucial part of my first team.

Ten years later, here is his stats.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/Viazon/others/masip.jpg?t=1202852517

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it programmed into the game that the board simply has to be disappointed in something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen somebody suggest that the board summary will always include the one thing that they are happiest about, couched in positive terms, and the one thing that they are least happy about, couched in negative terms. From what I've seen, that makes sense to me - so I'd just take it as "Well, if this is the worst of their concerns, I must be doing pretty durn good!" icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it programmed into the game that the board simply has to be disappointed in something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen somebody suggest that the board summary will always include the one thing that they are happiest about, couched in positive terms, and the one thing that they are least happy about, couched in negative terms. From what I've seen, that makes sense to me - so I'd just take it as "Well, if this is the worst of their concerns, I must be doing pretty durn good!" icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is the case then perhaps if you are over-achieving(or at least making the goals set) then you should be given 2 or 3 positives and only the 1 slight negative, vice-versa if you are not doing so well.

ps should be noted the player they were disappointed that I signed got 3 "8's" and scored 3 goals in his 1st 3 league matches, thats really what confussed me, I mean there really is nothing disappointing about bringing him in on loan, no fee and no wages, so wheres the problem?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nicki:

Viazon, do you use a special training program for your players? If yes, do you have any recommandations for me? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just split all my players up into different training schedules rather then have all of them in one.

I put goalkeepers in one group and concentrate more on goalkeeping.

I put defenders in one group and concentrate more of defending.

I put midfielders in one group and concentrate more on skill and passing and such.

And I put my strikers in one group and concentrate more on attacking.

Its never failed me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just split all my players up into different training schedules rather then have all of them in one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I do, too, and it works a treat. I split "midfielders" and "wingers" in my training, and I have a "preseason" routine I force everybody through the first 3-4 weeks after summer break.

Very occasionally I'll give somebody abnormal training. For example, I had a midfielder who was getting plenty of chances but missing too often for my tastes; I gave him striker training for a year or so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

I've seen somebody suggest that the board summary will always include the one thing that they are happiest about, couched in positive terms, and the one thing that they are least happy about, couched in negative terms. From what I've seen, that makes sense to me - so I'd just take it as "Well, if this is the worst of their concerns, I must be doing pretty durn good!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this is the case then perhaps if you are over-achieving(or at least making the goals set) then you should be given 2 or 3 positives and only the 1 slight negative, vice-versa if you are not doing so well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree - I'm almost certain that's the direction this feature will evolve. What I can't say is whether they'll make that shift for 8.0.2 - 'tis a consummation devoutly to be wished! - or long-term, e.g., FM'09 or FM'10.

Personally, I'd rather that the board had, say, three things that "are important to it", and that those differ from board to board.

For example, one board might care about wage bill, league position, and the F.A. Cup. Another board might care about European progress, league position, and profitability.

The first board, you might get a summary like:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- The board are pleased that you have the wage bill under control.

- The board are satisfied with the club's position in the league, but concerned about the recent run of results against us.

- The board are unhappy that the club got knocked out in the F.A. Cup Third Round. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The second board, however, might give you a summary like:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- The board are delighted with the club's progress in the Champions League, especially the 3-0 win at Sevilla.

- The board are very concerned that, if the season ended today, we would not qualify for the Champions League. The 0-2 loss at home to Manchester United underscores the problem.

- The club are very happy with the side's financial situation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Confidence is certainly annoying. My team in Scottish Division 3 has a bank balance of 600k, but 1.5 million loan debt. Thing is, the loan is to be paid off over 30 years at 10k per month which is more than manageable as I proved by making a profit last season in spite of it, yet now the board a belly-aching about our bank balance!

The fans keep having a go at me about players I signed to. We began the game with no players except the 15 and 16 year olds who came through the youth setup first season so I went around and picked up 8-10 players all for £0 just to get a decent squad size - I was planning to play quite a few of the youngsters anyway.

Unsurprisingly though we struggled at the start of the season as I tried to gel a team of young kids and new signings so everyone had low ratings and my fans were slating ~5 signings despite the fact they cost nothing and most were on very small wages icon_mad.gif I find myself sticking a player in the team who I wouldn't otherwise just in the hope he'll put in some good performances so that the fans will no longer think him a waste of money!

Archived