Features you dont use on FM09

I recently picked up from a save on FM09 that i havnt played on in a while (TBH i havnt played ANY FM09 for a while) and noticed that there are certain features that i never use.

1. Opposition instructions

2. The job centre

3. News

4. Transfer Gossip

5. Get teamtalk feedback

To name a few, i was wondering what featuresthat other people hardly/never use.

There's none I never use really. Even some of the rarely-used ones like transfer rumours can be useful, because it's basically the media doing scouting for you. :D

I don't use notes all that much, but still do on occasion. Used them more on past versions as a reminder to buy players when they turned 18.

How can't the job centre be of any use if you are looking for a job?

The job center page that shows all the staff vacancies on the various clubs is pretty useless. You can't apply to any of those positions, you know the staff that your club is missing, who cares if so-and-so club is looking for a physio. The page that shows manager jobs that are open or insecure is necessary, of course.

The notes feature would be more useful if it was less cumbersome to access. I find that post-it notes on the wall above my desk are much easier to review. It's a feature that could be improved in future versions and I think would appeal to more people. I would like a notes section on each player's profile, too.

I use the news section and tranfer rumor features occasionally, but they are useful or interesting and should be retained.

I don't use press conferences, either. (Personally, I think that you shouldn't have a press conference after every match, but should call them when needed or if the media/board tell you to. New signings, pre-season, end of season, big big rivalry games, cup finals, those are times to call a press conference. Not in October vs low-table Accrington... but that's all for another post.)

Don't like the 3D, never use it, but I guess that's just my opinion.

The notebook is the only feature that I have never, ever used. Oh, and maybe the nicknames function.

I'm usually only at the one club, so the job centre doesn't get much of a workout either most of the time.

Otherwise, all of the features have had some use at some stage. :thup:

press conferences, notebooks,opposition instructions, sounds, bookmarks, watching other matches(in general and when managing a country.

Can't understand why people don't like the 3d. It's not perfect but way better than watching dots. I never liked that

press conferences, notebooks,opposition instructions, sounds, bookmarks, watching other matches(in general and when managing a country.

Can't understand why people don't like the 3d. It's not perfect but way better than watching dots. I never liked that

Oi, don't dis the dots! :p

Is there a bookmark function in FM? :confused: Well, just found another feature that I don't use...

Watching other matches is a nice luxury to have when you're bored and just want to watch something else. When it's the summer months, I enjoy watching semi-finals and finals of major international tournaments on occasion.

Not using opposition instructions is crazy!

Honestly you can get away without using opposition instructions and not suffer from it - I don't use opposition instructions either and have managed to turn Hull City into the best team in Europe (not that this is particularly hard to do mind...)

Don't bother attending press conferences

Never used opposition instructions, I can win league titles without it :p

Don't use bookmarks either.

I use notes though, mainly for contract reminders when you didn't get reminders about contract renewal for coaches...don't use notes anymore though

I don't attend matches other than my own.

Wait...do opposition instructions really have that little of an effect on the game? Maybe that's why I've put in some really terrible performances, as I always have used them. (I almost just lost to Leeds as Chelsea, with a great squad, in the League Cup...)

And how do people not use the News feature. It's right there!

Transfer rumors would be good if some of them actually had any substance to them - not just random clubs being linked with random players. They do work well as a scouting tool but it's a bit silly as a feature.

I think it's like this to match real life, where many rumours don't have substance.

Hmmm, this game is a management "simulation" so it tries as hard as possible to mimick real life events.

With that said and out the way. Do you honestly think The Sun and The Daily Star is an accurate indication of a player signing for another club. That's right - NO!!!! Therefore this is mimicking real life by making up some rumours like the good people at The Sun do on a daily basis when there's nothing else to do in the office!!!

WOAH! How can anyone NOT use the news button!????

OK for the last time, depending on which skin you use, there are buttons in the "breadcrumbs" (on the skin i use, at the top of the screen), there are pictures of things you can click on. There is a pic for scouting, finances, squad etc (you get the picture).

One of these pictures is a pic of an envelope, when i hover my mouse over it it says "NEWS". I do NOT ever click on this. That is my point. Any ingame news appears for me to sift through. I hop this makes it a little clearer :)

Archived