PDA

View Full Version : FM Careers Forum Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

AcidBurn
05-02-2010, 11:53
Can anyone think of a good pun for an Everton game? And please nothing nasty from the Liverpool fans.

acidmonkey
05-02-2010, 12:03
The bitter sweet story of the Toffees?

rancer890
05-02-2010, 17:00
Everton? I had a plan of starting a Toffees save after the patch comes out. Although with a totally different goal than yours (they're probably be different :p). Will Donovan be at Everton on the next patch?

I would say something similar to what acidmonkey said. :thup:

AcidBurn
05-02-2010, 18:05
I think acidmonkey is spot on. I will be starting one early next week and hopefully they will not end up crashed or deleted or something similar. Not sure about Donovan he has a similar loan deal to Beckham but they only put Beckhams short term loan in I think.

rancer890
05-02-2010, 18:25
Cheers AcidBurn. Won't matter too much though, as I'll want to sign Donovan permanently at Everton. :D

I think I finally found an top English team to support. :cool:

AcidBurn
05-02-2010, 18:37
I get it now lol. Everton is a good game their midfield is the best outside of Chelsea in the prem I think.

wandsfan93
05-02-2010, 18:46
Well I've slowly started getting more time on FM now. Also thinking about my thread title. Might think about changing it to something like "Look at my massive Wand!" but on second thoughts it is a bit crap and I might as well stick with what I've got. I'm in the playoffs now and heading towards New Year :) after bettering Sutton who have started to plummet. Not sure whether promotion would be the best thing atm though. Some of my best signings have been defenders and my goalie, Nick Jones, who's played every game so far. My central defenders have stayed the same, Mark Willy (who I chose as skipper against the advice of my team and backroom) and Tommy Osborne (who despite not scoring since September/October is my top scorer with 5 goals), and my RB and LB are signings made during the season. Andrew Downey and Precious Koko (who I mainly signed just because of the name :cool:). I'll probably do a mid-season summary at the end of January, saying who's currently at the top of each league, who's in the drop zones, etc.

wandsfan93
05-02-2010, 19:49
I'm also now very rapidly losing patience with a new signing that's only played 5 games for me. I've become fond of a 4-5-1 formation so reliance on the striker is vital. Danny Egan just hasn't done anything in those games (well, he scored a late equaliser against Tooting) and in my last game against Hendon we were 2-0 down until I replaced him with Leigh Bremner, where we then turned the game around and drew 2-2 again.

Pangaea
05-02-2010, 20:08
Danny Egan! \o/

He carried my team for several years. Was a bit of a heartache when I had to let him go last season. He was with us for 7 years.

wandsfan93
05-02-2010, 20:09
Well my coaches and scouts recommended him but he just doesn't fit into my team. I've listed him for loan atm.

Pangaea
06-02-2010, 06:33
At which level do you play now? My scouts found him too, and he did very well for me for a number of seasons. But the last two he was only a sub. Since he had done so well for me I let him go on Bosman instead of trying to get a small fee for him. He's in Ireland now, doing pretty well.

I'd assume most players at that level are quite randomly generated though, so perhaps he just ended up pretty decent in my game.

wandsfan93
06-02-2010, 13:18
I'm still in my first season, in the Ryman Premier. I'm making an unexpected playoff push after a 12 match unbeaten run (which came about after I found out about the wonders of 4-5-1, when I was using 4-4-2 we went on a 6 game run without winning), in which we're now level with 4th place AFC Hornchurch who we play next (\o/). I'll probably be screwed next season in the BSS if I do go up though, but promotion is promotion. And it would be good for the club's 150th anniversary being celebrated in 2010.

Gundo
08-02-2010, 22:30
Does anyone have a comp with similar specs to mine - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz 3.59GHz, 2.00 GB Ram, Windows xp sp3?

Just curious as to how many leagues your running and DB size.

I know the star rating system thing is bugged when setting up new games, but it only rates mine at 1/2 star for both and recommends I only run the English leagues down to league two! Thought it would of been more capable than that to be honest. I ask because never run more than one nations leagues before, should I just ignore the star ratings all together?

rancer890
08-02-2010, 22:59
Does anyone have a comp with similar specs to mine - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.60GHz 3.59GHz, 2.00 GB Ram, Windows xp sp3?

Just curious as to how many leagues your running and DB size.

I know the star rating system thing is bugged when setting up new games, but it only rates mine at 1/2 star for both and recommends I only run the English leagues down to league two! Thought it would of been more capable than that to be honest. I ask because never run more than one nations leagues before, should I just ignore the star ratings all together?

Ignore the star ratings. I don't find them useful at all. I think you can easily run 20-30 leagues on a large DB with those specs. Although I had similar specs except I had Vista, if that's a big difference. Did you do some test runs?

Gundo
08-02-2010, 23:11
I did do some test runs but because I only ever run one nations leagues I'm unsure with the speeds of processing???

Pangaea
08-02-2010, 23:53
Depends a lot on personal preference too. If you hate watching the processing screen, like me, you don't want too many leagues. But if that's a non-issue, just put in as much as you want. The game will get slower the more seasons you play, but I think it has improved over the years. I'm now 10 years down the line and it's not a huge difference.

While testing the boundaries for uncle ron's England file I ran some long holiday tests. I noticed that the timestamps on the different seasons didn't increase a lot down the line. So I don't think the game slows down as much as it once did.

iacovone
09-02-2010, 09:49
Agreed Pangaea, I've not noticed huge slowdown with this file. The only major difference now compared to the start of my career is continuing the game after playing a match. That takes a minute or two to register/process but then once back on the results screen I'm back to normal.

I don't have a problem with loading times personally though so perhaps I'm a bit more tolerent of the slowdown.

Gundo - I have a laptop with about half the specs you have and have been running 23 leagues on a large DB. One piece of advice - unless you're desparate to play in Brazil I would avoid loading that league as it contains so many competitions.

Elrithral
09-02-2010, 10:01
One issue with number of leagues loaded is save size due to data. Slowly, but surely it gets quite big and this also slows the game down. I'm in 2026 with my International story save, but i'm using Gill's retain all players file and the save is already 75mb+ and gradually getting horrendously slow.

Gundo
09-02-2010, 13:22
Cheers for your help guys, I'm going to do some more test games this afternoon.

DodgeeD
09-02-2010, 14:10
As iacovone said, Brazil is one to avoid if you are running a lot of leagues. The state championships mean there are about 8 extra leagues running simultaneously at the start of the year and there is a noticeable difference in processing speed in my game when they are running (Jan-April) and when they are not (rest of the year).

Gundo
09-02-2010, 16:37
Ok, I loaded a game with Norway(all), Spain(all), Italy(all) and England(all) leagues running on a Large DB. It took 1hr 42mins to run through 3 months gameplay on Holiday, does that sound a reasonable speed to you chaps?

UELLfan
09-02-2010, 17:15
I'd say that's fast enough.

However, my 'fast' and your 'fast' may vary a lot considering I play with some 100+ active divisions :D

iacovone
10-02-2010, 12:27
Sounds just fine to me Gundo. Now hurry up and get your career thread started ;)

acidmonkey
10-02-2010, 12:28
yup get a thread up so i get more to read :)

UELLfan
10-02-2010, 18:34
Replacement laptop for the 'dead pixels' i7 laptop arrived today.

Apart from the fact that the screen is gigantic on FM it also flies processing compared to my 3800+ x2 Athlon \o/

JonnyGabriel
11-02-2010, 10:48
Please can a mod move my Nasoni Waqaseduadua thread to the Stories forum? I think it would be more suited in there.

dafuge
11-02-2010, 20:35
Please can a mod move my Nasoni Waqaseduadua thread to the Stories forum? I think it would be more suited in there.

It might be worth checking over there first but I have a feeling that embedded images are banned in FMS. You may need to remove them first before moving the thread.

bermybhoy
13-02-2010, 17:03
Anyone got any experience in amateur leagues? Have started a career unemployed with a few nations running, and got offered a job with some Belgian 3rd division outfit. Not got as far as playing a game and they actually look ok on paper, but seems a struggle to find anything more than marginal improvements to the team. Will it just end up massively frustrating?

MeLikeFM
13-02-2010, 17:40
Anyone got any experience in amateur leagues? Have started a career unemployed with a few nations running, and got offered a job with some Belgian 3rd division outfit. Not got as far as playing a game and they actually look ok on paper, but seems a struggle to find anything more than marginal improvements to the team. Will it just end up massively frustrating?

I found it easy to improve the squad with loans while Amatuer in England.

mista T
13-02-2010, 19:36
I've never really had a good nomad career before, but my attempt at a crack of one comes with the top two divisions loaded from: Brazil, England, France, Italy and Spain. I find this version of FM a lot easier as you can succesfully transfer how you think your team should play into the game, rather than fumbling around with sliders and such.
Anyone have any tips for a beginner traveller? :D

Raware
14-02-2010, 04:04
I found it easy to improve the squad with loans while Amatuer in England.

I also found it easy to improve the squad with loans while Amatuer/Semi Pro in England. There's no limit so you can sign as many as you want. Seems there maybe some locality associated with it too as the players that were willing to join me were all within 30 or so miles of the club (Forest, Derby, Leicester, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Sheff Utd, Notts County, Burton, etc).

MeLikeFM
14-02-2010, 23:58
I also found it easy to improve the squad with loans while Amatuer/Semi Pro in England. There's no limit so you can sign as many as you want. Seems there maybe some locality associated with it too as the players that were willing to join me were all within 30 or so miles of the club (Forest, Derby, Leicester, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Sheff Utd, Notts County, Burton, etc).

I found that too. Would have made it much easier if I wasnt a foreigner :(

Pangaea
15-02-2010, 00:14
Seems there maybe some locality associated with it too as the players that were willing to join me were all within 30 or so miles of the club (Forest, Derby, Leicester, Mansfield, Chesterfield, Sheff Utd, Notts County, Burton, etc).

Would be awesome if this was implemented further up too. Part-time players really shouldn't be moving across the country, not least from one country to another, to sign for another semi-pro club on a part-time contract.

MeLikeFM
15-02-2010, 15:21
Getting a real hankering for my old game :(

acidmonkey
19-02-2010, 08:53
well after a massive bout on CoD ive started getting back into my FM game so theres a good chance of an update over the weekend :)

Pangaea
19-02-2010, 13:35
CoD blows.

Raware
20-02-2010, 02:25
CoD blows.

Have to agree. :) ;)

acidmonkey
20-02-2010, 16:55
only people who say it blows are people who suck at it ;)

Pangaea
20-02-2010, 19:10
Nope. Was very good at it. But it got boring.

jackripper
20-02-2010, 21:50
bored of noob toobs lol

acidmonkey
21-02-2010, 17:30
noob tubes are easy to counter lol, jump seems to bounce under you and away :D,

Just had best come back in fm just now, was trailing 2-0 to Bishop Aukland at half time looking dead and buried, goal in 59th from a fluke, a well taken break away in the 77th minute, before we took the lead in the 86th min, i then changed the tactics telling everyone to just lash the ball at the other end of the pitch when they get it :D

acidmonkey
22-02-2010, 09:02
so close yet so far :(

aimed to finish my season at the weekend, playing the final 22 games, i nearly did it but failed :(

on game 36/42

jld123
23-02-2010, 17:48
First post in here, I've got a question.
I recently ended my first save which had all leagues loaded from England, Italy and Spain, plus some other players loaded. I had to end it because in 2030 the game had slowed down really noticably and it got frustrating. So my new save has just got England loaded down to BSN/BSS. I was thinking of doing a career update but thought it might be difficult to keep it interesting with only the one country loaded. What do you lot think, and are there any existing updates with only one country running?

I started out at Tooting & Mitcham and was thinking of calling it "The 2nd Best Career Thread Featuring Tooting & Mitcham", any opinions, dafuge? :D

dafuge
23-02-2010, 19:04
Sounds good to me :D

fatski
24-02-2010, 13:57
Hi there,
I would love to start a career thread here, having been hanging around and enjoying some of the threads for the last few days. I was thinking of running it in parallel with Gundo's Challenge. Hope that sounds good.
Do you think that I should play 1/2/3 seasons before I start posting, just so I know that I am 'into' the game. I want it to be a proper thread that lasts a while... Only problem being I may get confused with screenshots etc. And finally, do you think a monthly update with links to the matches is best, or a 2-updates-per-season (one at Xmas and one at the end of the season), or just one big update at the end of a season, à la dafuge?
Sorry for all the queries...

dafuge
24-02-2010, 18:47
Hi there,
I would love to start a career thread here, having been hanging around and enjoying some of the threads for the last few days. I was thinking of running it in parallel with Gundo's Challenge. Hope that sounds good.
Do you think that I should play 1/2/3 seasons before I start posting, just so I know that I am 'into' the game. I want it to be a proper thread that lasts a while... Only problem being I may get confused with screenshots etc. And finally, do you think a monthly update with links to the matches is best, or a 2-updates-per-season (one at Xmas and one at the end of the season), or just one big update at the end of a season, à la dafuge?
Sorry for all the queries...

I would start a thread when you start your game, personally I find it easier to write about things that have recently happened.

Personally, I think monthly updates are too often. You only really need to post updates that people will be interested in, which for me is restricted to end of season updates and noteable events.

Pangaea
24-02-2010, 20:44
Very much agree with that. Honestly, I don't see the point in monthly updates. That sounds more like a story to me. Easier to follow a career with seasonal updates.

Playing a couple of season first so you know the save won't die right away is nice, but as dafuge says it's easier to write when the events are recent. I often forget stuff just from playing through the transfer window first :D

MeLikeFM
24-02-2010, 21:40
Its all about personal preference. Erithral and iacavone's updates are two of my favourites here and they are monthly. And of course mine, which is amazing, and monthly ;)

roseboy64
25-02-2010, 03:39
Would do one but already finished dafuge's challenge. May start one of the other ones when I get bored with this save.

acidmonkey
25-02-2010, 08:52
i started monthly but found it interupted the flow of me playing the game, always stopping to write update, started now with seasonal updates (stolen from Dafuges, layout, will be adding more things to it when i get the chance though, eg. going to post the Regular Starting 11 tonight,)

Elrithral
25-02-2010, 14:19
Personally, it's monthly all the way. I find the seasonal updates incredibly boring and vague, anyone who thinks monthly updates are verging on a story must never have read a story or has the imagination/attention span of a child. That said, I like Terk's update, which is every half season.

PS: I don't agree that you need to type up what you have recently played or else you'll forget. It's very easy to save you game under various titles, every 4 months or so and then look back through matches or save screenshots, the screenies provide more info for fans of the thread and should jog your memory about interesting events that have taken place.

acidmonkey
25-02-2010, 15:56
its a bit strange as i decide to go monthly then get a bit disconnected from the game as im trying to just keep playing, then i spot somthing that i like monthly and wonder if i can do that instead as id be easily able to do the monthly updates where its just one line about the game end of match report, but they could be a bit too vague, im just not sure which way to go with mine,
i agree that none of the monthly update ive read are ANYTHING like a story,

its just im struggling to get a style im happy with,

Elrithral
25-02-2010, 16:06
Save a screenshot of each match, with scorers and team form, that way it's not too vague and you can talk briefly about who played well and who the goalscorers were. It's as simple as pressing Alt + F9 at the end of every match and you can carry on playing as normal, it doesn't disrupt your game.

acidmonkey
25-02-2010, 16:07
thats the thing i did that the thing that disrupts the game is sitting for the 30+ minutes taken to type up the month properly

Elrithral
25-02-2010, 16:10
Do it when you're not playing the game. Like you said, it's 30 mins and you don't have to write as soon as you've finished playing. Save the screenshots and then when you get a spare 30 mins do the writing, don't feel obliged to type it up or it won't turn out well.

acidmonkey
25-02-2010, 16:13
i dont normally got 30mins to do something like that if im not on fm or out, im on my xbox might have a go of it with this season ill see how it turns out

Pangaea
26-02-2010, 08:26
Better to wait to the end of the season and spend an hour or so writing it up properly, instead of 6 hours during the season.

acidmonkey
26-02-2010, 09:07
ideally id like to do a start of season (after friendlies + signings) update, a jan one, and an end of season one, but its trying to figure out how to do so it original and my own way, if you know what i mean, then there are regular updates, spaced far enough apart not for me to feel its impeeding my game, and anyone reading gets a decent review at how its going.

acidmonkey
26-02-2010, 09:20
my other option would be these on a match by match basis:

CROOK TOWN 2
WHITLEY BAY 0
Millfield
Tuesday, August 15th 2010
Kick off 7.45pm
Attendence: 132

MATCH SUMMARY

Crook town began their Norther league division one campaign with a comfortable home win over promotion candidates Whitley bay,

GOAL SCORERS

CROOK TOWN: Him, The other Guy
WHITLEY BAY: None

As i could fill 90% of it out in advance and just grab the games as i play them fill them in and save them for the Monthly update, its just trying to get enough info in the match summary, when im not really a very good writer :(

if i decide which one to go with would a mod close my thread(When i ask! NOT YET!) and ill create a new thread and re do season 1 + season 2 in the same format and just stick to that format?

Pangaea
26-02-2010, 12:29
Personally, I like to spend my free time playing the game instead of writing up match reports.

Perhaps the lack of responses in my thread means the long seasonal updates is the wrong way to go. But it's the way I've always done it, and the way I'll probably keep going. I'm more likely to cur further down than to write even more tbh.

acidmonkey
26-02-2010, 12:37
thats me but i also like to write a bit about the game as i play, which is why im stuggling to decide on the style,

Raware
26-02-2010, 14:00
ideally id like to do a start of season (after friendlies + signings) update, a jan one, and an end of season one, but its trying to figure out how to do so it original and my own way, if you know what i mean, then there are regular updates, spaced far enough apart not for me to feel its impeeding my game, and anyone reading gets a decent review at how its going.

This is how I do mine and how I prefer to read updates.

my other option would be these on a match by match basis:

CROOK TOWN 2
WHITLEY BAY 0
Millfield
Tuesday, August 15th 2010
Kick off 7.45pm
Attendence: 132

MATCH SUMMARY

Crook town began their Norther league division one campaign with a comfortable home win over promotion candidates Whitley bay,

GOAL SCORERS

CROOK TOWN: Him, The other Guy
WHITLEY BAY: None

As i could fill 90% of it out in advance and just grab the games as i play them fill them in and save them for the Monthly update, its just trying to get enough info in the match summary, when im not really a very good writer :(

if i decide which one to go with would a mod close my thread(When i ask! NOT YET!) and ill create a new thread and re do season 1 + season 2 in the same format and just stick to that format?

I agree with dafuge and in my opinion, this is far too often.

Personally, I like to spend my free time playing the game instead of writing up match reports.

Perhaps the lack of responses in my thread means the long seasonal updates is the wrong way to go. But it's the way I've always done it, and the way I'll probably keep going. I'm more likely to cur further down than to write even more tbh.

My thoughts exactly. I prefer playing the game rather than spending just as much time producing write ups.

Elrithral
26-02-2010, 14:14
I prefer playing the game rather than spending just as much time producing write ups.

Would it seriously take you as long to write 3-4 lines about each match in a given month as it would to play that month?

Mike7077
26-02-2010, 14:17
I would hope there's room in this forum for people to write things out and present them in the way that they choose (within reason). Not everybody is going to like everyone's particular approach but I personally enjoy the more detailed threads and the match-by-match updates. I certainly enjoy writing mine that way.

I have a handful of people following, which I'm fine with. I have no great need of masses of followers. I'm just a bit anoraky and enjoy the detail.

chopper99
26-02-2010, 14:22
Hello Mike and Elrithral, thought I'd join you boys over here as we haven't spoken for a while.

It's all about the quick updates for me, but this is why I've decided to post my carrer in the anecdotes thread.

Raware
26-02-2010, 14:22
Would it seriously take you as long to write 3-4 lines about each match in a given month as it would to play that month?

Like I said...MY OPINION. I'm not going to argue the toss with you...again.

I would hope there's room in this forum for people to write things out and present them in the way that they choose (within reason). Not everybody is going to like everyone's particular approach but I personally enjoy the more detailed threads and the match-by-match updates. I certainly enjoy writing mine that way.

I have a handful of people following, which I'm fine with. I have no great need of masses of followers. I'm just a bit anoraky and enjoy the detail.

This is why I wanted this forum created...to welcome all sorts of writing and threads. Other forums have strict rules and this provides an outlet for people who wish to do things differently. Like I said, I prefer writing and reading threads with 2 or 3 updates, but that's just me. You prefer writing and reading monthly updates which is just as acceptable. That's the beauty of this forum :).

acidmonkey
26-02-2010, 14:35
i dont mean every game post Raware, i was thinking more this:

BRANDON 1
CROOK TOWN 2
Welfare Ground, Durham
Wednesday 12th August 2009
Kick off 7.45pm
Attendance: 190
Northern League Division Two

MATCH SUMMARY

well we had the most possesion but we were outshot 7-3 most of Brandons shots coming from distance and in the last 5 or so minutes, we got lucky after the break as we took the league when Brandon defender Preston put through his own net but the goal was coming then and it was a deserved lead, on the hour it was all square as Brandon won and scored from the spot. only for Left winger Murray to clinch the win 4 minutes after the Equalizer and give us what i would say a slightly deserved victory as i think we just about edged it.

GOAL SCORERS

CROOK TOWN: Own Goal, Jay Murray
BRANDON: Hawksworth (Pen)

CROOK TOWN 3
WHITEHAVEN 1
The Millfield Ground, Crook
Saturday 22nd August 2009
Kick off 3.00pm
Attendance: 224

MATCH SUMMARY

Well we went behind five minutes in as Howarth scored to give whitehaven a lead after that it was one way traffic but we took untill the 50th minute to get ourselves back into it when Rose stabbed home after a goal mouth scrable as we managed to to start gaining more momentum, and the result was more in our favour when Cooper managed to score from the edge of the area, at 2-1 and with 75mins gone i decided to try and protect the lead, and we sealed the win when we broke and Rose was hacked down in the area, Price stepped up to seal a 3-1 win in the 86th min from the spot.

GOAL SCORERS

CROOK TOWN: Rose, Cooper, Price
WHITEHAVEN: Howarth

THORNABY 0
CROOK TOWN 1
Teesdale Park, Durham
Saturday 29th August 2009
Kick off 3.00pm

MATCH SUMMARY

in a game we were expected to lose we managed to nick by sitting back and hoping for something on the break. and we were under heavy pressure from the start, but we survived till half time which im content with, and was hoping to get a draw but as thornaby pushed forward in the second half, we broke from a Thornaby corner and Abrhams managed to head home for a undeserved lead, we also had a fair number of scares in the second half and we were lucky to come away with the win:

GOAL SCORERS

CROOK TOWN: Abrahams
Thornaby: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Table at end of August

But obviously Shorter Summeries of each game to allow me to write them as the game is processing :)

Raware
26-02-2010, 14:39
i dont mean every game post Raware, i was thinking more this:

BRANDON 1
CROOK TOWN 2
Welfare Ground, Durham
Wednesday 12th August 2009
Kick off 7.45pm

MATCH SUMMARY

well we had the most possesion but we were outshot 7-3 most of Brandons shots coming from distance and in the last 5 or so minutes, we got lucky after the break as we took the league when Brandon defender Preston put through his own net but the goal was coming then and it was a deserved lead, on the hour it was all square as Brandon won and scored from the spot. only for Left winger Murray to clinch the win 4 minutes after the Equalizer and give us what i would say a slightly deserved victory as i think we just about edged it.

GOAL SCORERS

CROOK TOWN: Own Goal, Jay Murray
BRANDON: Hawksworth (Pen)

CROOK TOWN 3
WHITEHAVEN 1
The Millfield Ground, Crook
Saturday 22nd August 2009
Kick off 3.00pm
Attendance: 224

MATCH SUMMARY

Well we went behind five minutes in as Howarth scored to give whitehaven a lead after that it was one way traffic but we took untill the 50th minute to get ourselves back into it when Rose stabbed home after a goal mouth scrable as we managed to to start gaining more momentum, and the result was more in our favour when Cooper managed to score from the edge of the area, at 2-1 and with 75mins gone i decided to try and protect the lead, and we sealed the win when we broke and Rose was hacked down in the area, Price stepped up to seal a 3-1 win in the 86th min from the spot.

GOAL SCORERS

CROOK TOWN: Rose, Cooper, Price
WHITEHAVEN: Howarth

THORNABY 0
CROOK TOWN 1
Teesdale Park, Durham
Saturday 29th August 2009
Kick off 3.00pm

MATCH SUMMARY

in a game we were expected to lose we managed to nick by sitting back and hoping for something on the break. and we were under heavy pressure from the start, but we survived till half time which im content with, and was hoping to get a draw but as thornaby pushed forward in the second half, we broke from a Thornaby corner and Abrhams managed to head home for a undeserved lead, we also had a fair number of scares in the second half and we were lucky to come away with the win:

GOAL SCORERS

CROOK TOWN: Abrahams
Thornaby: None

League Table at end of August

But obviously Shorter Summeries of each game to allow me to write them as the game is processing :)

You can write it however you want acidmonkey. Which ever way you choose will be more than fine, it's whatever you feel most comfortable with. That's the great thing about this forum :). I was just giving my two cents as everyone else has :).

acidmonkey
26-02-2010, 14:40
my other way for monthly updates:

Game 1 (http://community.sigames.com/www.google.com)
Game 2 (http://community.sigames.com/www.google.com)
Game 3 (http://community.sigames.com/www.google.com)

Brief thoughts on the month

League Table (http://community.sigames.com/www.google.com)

acidmonkey
26-02-2010, 14:42
i know Raware im just getting thoughs on what others think is the best way to go about monthly updates, see if theres something i can be bothered to do :)

otherwise its updates 3 times a season from me

Raware
26-02-2010, 14:56
i know Raware im just getting thoughs on what others think is the best way to go about monthly updates, see if theres something i can be bothered to do :)

otherwise its updates 3 times a season from me

My thoughts are : I prefer the 2 or 3 updates. The other option you posted would be a different approach. I know there's a thread on here that has a similar approach (my apologies, I can't remember whose off the top of my head :o) but i'm not sure about how people feel about having to to click on a lot of links in a thread. Personally, I don't mind it...I know some prefer to see the screenshots in the thread so they can take a quick glance.

acidmonkey
26-02-2010, 14:59
3 it is then :)

jackripper
26-02-2010, 15:00
my other way for monthly updates:

Game 1 (http://community.sigames.com/www.google.com)
Game 2 (http://community.sigames.com/www.google.com)
Game 3 (http://community.sigames.com/www.google.com)

Brief thoughts on the month

League Table (http://community.sigames.com/www.google.com)

links dont work for me m8

Elrithral
26-02-2010, 15:05
Like I said...MY OPINION. I'm not going to argue the toss with you...again.

Again? :confused:

Didn't realise it had to be an argument though, no chance for discussion, how very depressing.

Hi Chopster, how's the form lad?

Raware
26-02-2010, 15:10

Didn't realise it had to be an argument though, no chance for discussion, how very depressing.

Yes, again. I seem to remember having a heated discussion about this forum when it was first set up and how I asked a geniune question about the continuation of your thread. It soon turned into 'arguing the toss' about this forum being nothing more than...how did you put it..."backslapping and well dones" not the discussion, as you phrased there, which I had hoped for. As you say, very depressing.

Elrithral
26-02-2010, 15:13
You bold "my opinion" in one post and then lament MY previous opinion of this forum in another and deem it not worthy of debate. How very peculiar.

chopper99
26-02-2010, 15:17

Not too bad mate. I'm getting to play a fair bit of '09 at the moment due to working from home, and I'm just looking for a decent section of the forums to have a bit of banter and discussion about the game on.

Elrithral
26-02-2010, 15:19
Not sure you'll get much discussion about the game anywhere :D FMS is a nice, talkative community.

Raware
26-02-2010, 15:23
Your previous 'opinion' was a clear attempt to 'fuel the fire' of disagreement to a cause in which I was pretty adament about, which you knew. Funny how you stay around a forum in which you have an unfavouravble opinion about. That's peculiar.

This is fast becoming another slanging match between you and I and something i'm not willing, and to be honest, don't have the energy to pursue.

Remind me to place you back on my ignore list. I have no idea why I removed you :confused:.

Elrithral
26-02-2010, 15:26
I changed my opinion of it once a few users stopped posting, nothing peculiar, just moving with the times. It's no slanging match, just a conversation, sorry that you felt the need to drag it down to the depths of petty point scoring, I thought the conversation regards post length and update style might help acidmonkey. :(

heathxxx
26-02-2010, 15:51
Your previous 'opinion' was a clear attempt to 'fuel the fire' of disagreement to a cause in which I was pretty adament about, which you knew. Funny how you stay around a forum in which you have an unfavouravble opinion about. That's peculiar.

This is fast becoming another slanging match between you and I and something i'm not willing, and to be honest, don't have the energy to pursue.

Remind me to place you back on my ignore list. I have no idea why I removed you :confused:.

I changed my opinion of it once a few users stopped posting, nothing peculiar, just moving with the times. It's no slanging match, just a conversation, sorry that you felt the need to drag it down to the depths of petty point scoring, I thought the conversation regards post length and update style might help acidmonkey. :(

Perhaps agree to disagree then and leave it at that eh? No need to get petty. ;)

dafuge
26-02-2010, 16:39

I'm the same, I like to put my time into playing the game rather than writing about it. During a normal working week I am pretty much restricted to weekends only, so I like to make sure I spend that time playing rather than writing, as that is what I enjoy more.

Saying that though, I do tend to be quite flexible. If I've had a busy transfer window I might do an extra update for that and international tournaments always get the 'match by match' treatment. My rule of thumb is to post things that I think others will be interested in, I doubt people would want to hear about my 2-0 league win over Everton in November.

That's not to say that there is anything wrong with doing it the other way, I think it is good that we have a variety of styles here. It would get a bit dull if we all had identical looking threads and updates. I would encourage people to choose their own style, please don't think there is a right and wrong way of doing it.

Mike7077
26-02-2010, 17:51
I don't know how many people have looked at my thread but my posts take me half an hour at the very longest to write. I actually find that breaks up my playing time nicely because I don't like long sessions. I also find that writing the way I do helps me digest what's been happening.

What's worrying me now, though, is that my thread is somehow against the etiquette of the forum. It feels as if the place was set up for short, sharp updates and I don't like that. As I said before, and Raware seemed to concur with, can we not have space for different styles. I mean, if you look in a thread and it's not for you, you don't have to keep going back.

I just feel the style I've adopted (which, incidentally, was inspired by my thorough enjoyment of Elrithral's thread) needs a little defending here. It may not be what some prefer to see because you don't get to find out instantly how I've been doing. But I do think it adds colour to a save and it gives you a real insight into every single twist and turn that the writer is going through. Personally I really like that. I hope there's a place for that kind of thing around here.

dafuge
26-02-2010, 18:00
What's worrying me now, though, is that my thread is somehow against the etiquette of the forum. It feels as if the place was set up for short, sharp updates and I don't like that. As I said before, and Raware seemed to concur with, can we not have space for different styles. I mean, if you look in a thread and it's not for you, you don't have to keep going back.

I just feel the style I've adopted (which, incidentally, was inspired by my thorough enjoyment of Elrithral's thread) needs a little defending here. It may not be what some prefer to see because you don't get to find out instantly how I've been doing. But I do think it adds colour to a save and it gives you a real insight into every single twist and turn that the writer is going through. Personally I really like that. I hope there's a place for that kind of thing around here.

As I've mentioned, I think a variety of styles is good. I don't want this forum to become too rigid in the styles people use.

Mike7077
26-02-2010, 18:01
I'll shut my big mouth then.

rancer890
26-02-2010, 18:17
Oh dear. I haven't been here for a whole week, and there's all this bickering! :D

Honesty, I really don't care how people write out their updates. Some can write their long updates, some can write short updates. Some prefer writing only end-of-season updates while others like writing monthly. The main thing is that: We all don't have to be the same!

TBH, I prefer the shorter updates more, just the matches and standings, and then a post with the latest news about my team, transfer grumblings, and such. Like a team 'beat' reporter. It doesn't take me that long and I even add my little bits to make a little interesting. :p

quick updates mean I don't have to spend forever writing
less time for writing = more time for playing!

In other news, can someone save my game save. It's March and I don't see the new fixtures in the Chinese leagues (the season reset date is December 28) but there have been youth intakes. I'm asking this because the USL leagues in my career game do not simulate properly and all the players there don't play any games. It's going to ruin my career game if the Chinese players don't play any games. :(

dafuge
26-02-2010, 19:23
Honesty, I really don't care how people write out their updates. Some can write their long updates, some can write short updates. Some prefer writing only end-of-season updates while others like writing monthly. The main thing is that: We all don't have to be the same!

Brian: Please, please, please listen! I've got one or two things to say.
The Crowd: Tell us! Tell us both of them!
Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
The Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
The Crowd: Yes, we ARE all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
The Crowd: Sch!

Sorry, couldn't help it :o

rancer890
26-02-2010, 19:32
Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!

daf! You gave me a chuckle. Good thing I didn't LOL at that in my lecture... :D

Anyone know how to save my career game? :o

Pangaea
26-02-2010, 19:58

Python!! \o/ :D

DodgeeD
26-02-2010, 20:08
Just to chip in my tuppence on the updates debate: I go for monthly/bi-monthly updates mainly because (especially at the moment), my playing time is limited and it takes me forever to complete seasons. If I tried an end-of-season updates, I'd struggle to remember the start of the season and to post, I'd probably have to dig my thread up from somewhere near the bottom of the forum. ;)

Whatever the style/frequency, quality is what counts. To give a few examples (there are more of course), iacovone's monthly updtaes, rancer's game-by-game updates, crouchy's more detailed 'essays' (:p) and raware's season reports are all well-written and good to read.

Sorry to hear about your fixture issues rancer. Did you find anything in the bugs forum about it?

OceanDean
26-02-2010, 21:50
If I wanted to begin a Career Thread would this be an acceptable way of posting the all important links? Example Update:

Sat, 18.07.09 1860 Munchen 0-3 Liverpool (Pre-Season)

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/756/1860mnchenvliverpool.th.png (http://img685.imageshack.us/i/1860mnchenvliverpool.png/) http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4069/1860mnchenvliverpool2.th.png (http://img528.imageshack.us/i/1860mnchenvliverpool2.png/)

Pre-Season Review

------------------

Looking through a few threads people do not seem to post thumbnails so maybe this is not allowed. I am hampered though by not being able to link text to my pictures. I'm sure that I can do this (positive in fact) but imageshack does not seem to like the link button with the little green globe. Also something about 4 images being the maximum?

Line Ups () Take three.. ffs lol.

dafuge
26-02-2010, 22:02
If I wanted to begin a Career Thread would this be an acceptable way of posting the all important links? Example Update:

Sat, 18.07.09 1860 Munchen 0-3 Liverpool (Pre-Season)

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/756/1860mnchenvliverpool.th.png (http://img685.imageshack.us/i/1860mnchenvliverpool.png/) http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4069/1860mnchenvliverpool2.th.png (http://img528.imageshack.us/i/1860mnchenvliverpool2.png/)

Pre-Season Review

------------------

Looking through a few threads people do not seem to post thumbnails so maybe this is not allowed. I am hampered though by not being able to link text to my pictures. I'm sure that I can do this (positive in fact) but imageshack does not seem to like the link button with the little green globe. Also something about 4 images being the maximum?

Line Ups (http://http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/756/1860mnchenvliverpool.th.png) (link not valid, can someone please tell me why?

Thumbnail image links are fine, although as you have already found out, there is a limit of 4 images per post which does restrict that method.

I don't use imageshack, but I'm guessing that you are using the direct image link that they provide, rather than the direct link. Maybe someone that is familiar with imageshack can help you on this one?

jackripper
26-02-2010, 22:34
Anyone know how to save my career game? :o

click the save button usually helps lol

OceanDean
26-02-2010, 22:41
Quick switch to Photobucket..

Line Ups Test (http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/OceanDean/1860MnchenvLiverpool-2.png)

WOOT!

Raware
27-02-2010, 02:52

I hope there's a place for that kind of thing around here.

I hope you don't feel that way Mike. Hopefully this forum caters for all kinds of threads. As you said, if you look in a thread and it's not for you, you don't have to keep going back. As dafuge mentioned, it would get a bit dull if we all had identical looking threads and updates :).

acidmonkey
27-02-2010, 18:25
well ive started writing update for each game as im playing that game, so ill see how that goes this season :)

Mike7077
27-02-2010, 22:09
What I'd like to know is why certain people feel that it is up to them to try and dictate what should be considered a worthy career update? Why is it up to you? I can understand a moderator having these powers, but surely the rest of us are all equals round here?

AcidBurn
27-02-2010, 23:12
I don't understand why this debate even started I mean the whole idea of this place is for people to post updates as they see fit without too many restrictions. Monthly, weekly, match by match, yearly or every ten years it doesn't matter. That's the whole point of this place isn't it?

MeLikeFM
27-02-2010, 23:13
Cant we all just get along ? ( and read my bloody thread so it isnt just me and Nobby )

acidmonkey
27-02-2010, 23:16
awww do i have too :D

MeLikeFM
27-02-2010, 23:26
awww do i have too :D

Its just getting good :D

crouchaldinho
27-02-2010, 23:27
crouchy's more detailed 'essays'

We all know that detailed essays are the way forward. :D

On a serious note, my opinion is that it doesn't really matter, as long as the writer succeeds in getting us interested in their career!

Personally, I love the monthly update format and that's what I've ended up doing in my thread. I've tried to use some embedded pictures and used text tables and stuff to make it look interesting and to provide a 'quick glance' for those who aren't too interested in reading my essays. ;)

I don't think it takes too long to write out a monthly report actually. I think you only need the scoreline, what the match was for (league or cup), a couple of lines indicating how it went (and this can be very informal and to the point) and then some details about the scorers. You can cut back on some of this by using screenshots. Really, it doesn't take much longer for me to write my monthly update than it does for me to write a post like this.

I find that I tend to connect better with more regular updates because I get to know the challenges the manager is having, their favourite players and so on and so forth. I tend to use repetitive adjectives in the Homeric style to, hopefully, make my players stick out for the reader (e.g. like deep-lying playmaker Daniel Philiskirk, 'the next Pirlo' Davide Vangi, or legendary journeyman striker Umberto Eusepi :cool:). For me, adding a bit of life to the career is the key. That's why I quite like posting the pictures as well and trying to create an atmosphere in my thread.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I think it's clear that we all have different views and that all approaches are welcome.

And look, it's another essay from Crouchaldinho. :D

Mike7077
27-02-2010, 23:32
Cant we all just get along ? ( and read my bloody thread so it isnt just me and Nobby )

I read your thread. For some reason I never seem to comment. Probably goes I usually view it at work.

crouchaldinho
27-02-2010, 23:46
I read your thread. For some reason I never seem to comment. Probably goes I usually view it at work.

Changing the topic, does anyone else find that they can't think of things to comment. I read quite a lot of the threads on here and have them bookmarked but on some of them, I rarely comment.

I don't want to put 'KUTGW' or whatever because I know that is frowned upon and is one of the forum rules. But at the same time, sometimes I can't think of what to say and I haven't got any questions to ask them at the time, however I sort of want to post 'hey, I'm reading this but can't think of what to say right now!' :D

Anyone understand what I mean?

MeLikeFM
27-02-2010, 23:54
Changing the topic, does anyone else find that they can't think of things to comment. I read quite a lot of the threads on here and have them bookmarked but on some of them, I rarely comment.

I don't want to put 'KUTGW' or whatever because I know that is frowned upon and is one of the forum rules. But at the same time, sometimes I can't think of what to say and I haven't got any questions to ask them at the time, however I sort of want to post 'hey, I'm reading this but can't think of what to say right now!' :D

Ye I am the same but if I find I have been reading something for a while without commenting then I will say " really enjoying this, KUTGW " or something like that.

crouchaldinho
27-02-2010, 23:58
Yes, maybe it would be acceptable to write that once in a while, as long as you're not doing it all of the time. Perhaps that's what I'll do from now on when I can't think what to say but want to give encouragement etc. :thup:

MeLikeFM
28-02-2010, 00:04
Yes, maybe it would be acceptable to write that once in a while, as long as you're not doing it all of the time. Perhaps that's what I'll do from now on when I can't think what to say but want to give encouragement etc. :thup:

I know that I really appreciate comments and they give me a boost knowing people are enjoying it.

Almondo
28-02-2010, 00:14

I know I enjoy having the comments there. It lets me know that people are reading and that there is a point to updating my career.

LCFC
28-02-2010, 00:30

I know what you mean. I read the majority of threads every so often but like you say sometimes there isn't really anything I want to ask/find out, I just find it interesting to read and see how the different games are going etc. I guess I'm more a silent reader but I can see how receiving comments can add extra enthusiasm for you to continue playing/updating so I do comment occasionally depending on mood.

Raware
28-02-2010, 01:55
What I'd like to know is why certain people feel that it is up to them to try and dictate what should be considered a worthy career update? Why is it up to you? I can understand a moderator having these powers, but surely the rest of us are all equals round here?

I think so too. There is no right or wrong way to post a career update. Obviously people have their own preference in how to read/write updates but this should in no way dictate to others how theirs should be presented.

I don't understand why this debate even started I mean the whole idea of this place is for people to post updates as they see fit without too many restrictions. Monthly, weekly, match by match, yearly or every ten years it doesn't matter. That's the whole point of this place isn't it?

That is the point of this place and I totally agree with your points. As you know, this debate started with acidmonkey asking how his new thread should be presented, just to give him an idea of all possible avenues. It's when people start to impose their preference in a dictating manner which is what annoys me. No way is better than an another...just what people prefer.

jackripper
28-02-2010, 10:01
but what to people prefer reading? Matchly? Monthly? End of Season?

acidmonkey
28-02-2010, 10:11

That was exatly the reason why i asked, not to start an argument :(

dafuge
28-02-2010, 10:59

It looks like people like a variety of styles, there isn't a 'best way' of doing it.

I would go with whatever you feel comfortable writing, but I think the speed you play at is also a factor. I tend to play very quickly, completing a couple of seasons a week on average, usually compacted into the weekends/holidays. For me, an annual update is regular enough as I will be doing at least one a week, sometimes more. For those who play slowly and more regularly, a monthly update may be much more appropriate.

jackripper
28-02-2010, 11:06
im in your scenario where i play it a lot but i might refer to month to month updates on my next save

Pangaea
28-02-2010, 12:26
I concur with not always having something to say. And also that it's encouraging to see comments in your thread. It's nice to know that somebody else are following it, otherwise it's basically just writing for the sake of writing. Though I have found it fun to read my own earlier updates too, as it takes me back to how it was playing those saves.

Wasn't the KUTGW rule taken out of the forum btw? I seem to remember reading the updated rules and that one was gone.
/goes to re-read the rules.

dafuge
28-02-2010, 12:33
Wasn't the KUTGW rule taken out of the forum btw? I seem to remember reading the updated rules and that one was gone.
/goes to re-read the rules.

I took it out.

When we set up the forum we were a little concerned that people would use it as place to spam and boost post counts, which just hasn't happened. I'm all for encouraging people posting in other people's threads, it is often nice to know which people are reading.

ism-scfc
28-02-2010, 21:21
I prefer monthly, I do monthly

I don't think it takes too long to write up a monthly report

My updates are OK i think

Competition Type: Score (Scorers)
1 or 2 lines describing the game, or more for a big game like play offs or cup finals

e.g

League: Whitley Bay 2-0 Ashington AFC (Cook, Lucketti)
Well, we've finally won a league game, but it was still a shaky performance against very poor opponents, and it's not looking too good for the future. We're 6th in the league, but still have more chance of going down than up if we continue to play like this

Seems to work well enough, and get regular enough updates to keep people interested

Feedolover
28-02-2010, 21:51
I do monthly, I've got a format that I feel comfortable with. I do try to make it presentable as possible, with colours, bold etc. but like others say, it's all about the actual game

I wouldn't mind some "KUTGW" comments, the only comments I've had are people accusing me of cheating! ;)

acidmonkey
01-03-2010, 09:05
I prefer monthly, I do monthly

I don't think it takes too long to write up a monthly report

My updates are OK i think

Competition Type: Score (Scorers)
1 or 2 lines describing the game, or more for a big game like play offs or cup finals

e.g

League: Whitley Bay 2-0 Ashington AFC (Cook, Lucketti)
Well, we've finally won a league game, but it was still a shaky performance against very poor opponents, and it's not looking too good for the future. We're 6th in the league, but still have more chance of going down than up if we continue to play like this

Seems to work well enough, and get regular enough updates to keep people interested

yup ive pretty much ripped you off regarding the layout :D i dont name scorers though

jackripper
01-03-2010, 18:16
how do you put colours in?

acidmonkey
01-03-2010, 21:15
highlight the text and hit the button that is a letter with a coloured bar underneath it (defaulted as black)

jackripper
02-03-2010, 08:13
where is that button lol

acidmonkey
02-03-2010, 08:52
ok when you look at the quick reply box its 5 in from the left

MeesterCat
04-03-2010, 09:52
This is my first post in the Careers forum. I'm starting up a proper career save for the first time (I've been waiting for 10.3) so I thought I'd chip in with my thoughts on the 'how often to update' debate.

I've been reading a few of the threads in the Stories forum and really like the style that Faramir uses - I may have to pinch it but cut down the entries to maybe three reports per season: The end of Pre-season, sometime in January (end of transfer window/winter-break), End of season report. Hopefully that way it will remain interesting to the viewer and convey the sense of progress, without being too bogged down in uneccessary detail.

I hope my effort won't be too noobish! I just need to get on with playing the game now!

(I've started the save to the point of being given a job and the Gods of Footballing Fate have landed me at FC Blied in the Division 3B of the Belgian Leagues. Wish me luck - first real career save, first career write up.)

jackripper
04-03-2010, 10:09
get the ink on the page mate or should i say finger to the keyboard.

Feedolover
05-03-2010, 19:28
Just out of curiosity, have I got any followers? ;)

Darkwain
05-03-2010, 19:34
I think i dived into my first attempt at a write up too fast

jackripper
05-03-2010, 19:36
i read virrtually all of them so i follow

Gundo
05-03-2010, 20:33
I have a question... As I'm new to these journeyman type saves, I would like to know how job offers work or your chances of getting certain jobs. Is it purely on a reputation bases? So as an example if I was managing a club in the Norwegian second tier (rep. 9) would I have a chance of getting a job in the English League Two (rep. 8) for instance? I know many other factors are taken into account of course, just that I wanted to get an idea of the jobs I can realistically apply for in my save.

Cheers.

DodgeeD
05-03-2010, 22:27
I think luck may play a role. After leaving Tai Po in Hong Kong, I was laughed off by a couple of teams in India and the 2nd tier in China before landing a job in the Argentine 2nd Division. :confused: A chairman willing to give you a break is always useful!

DodgeeD
07-03-2010, 15:58
After a crazy week of work and study, I may actually get time for some FM tonight! Question is: should I download 10.3 while I have my dinner? Or just leave it as is? Have there been major ME changes? I only ask as I wouldn't want to find my tactics suddenly stop working mid-season (not that they were doing that great anyway! :p)

Scoham
07-03-2010, 16:06
10.3.0 did the opposite for me, started playing really well (as explained in my thread). So well that we won the league.

I think it's worth getting, not had any problems with it myself.

dafuge
07-03-2010, 16:22
Unless your tactics were based around exploiting the ME, you shouldn't really noticed too much of a difference. I think the ME does look a lot better though.

The only thing I've really noticed is the distribution of goals amongst my team is different, but that could just be down to changes in players.

DodgeeD
07-03-2010, 17:12
Given the run of defeats I had in my last playing session, I'd say the ME was exploiting my tactics more than the other way round. :p

I'll download it I think - mainşy because I always like to have the latest patch more than anything else. Plus, at some point I will start a new game with the 10.3 update ;)

Raware
08-03-2010, 01:24
I downloaded 10.3 'cause I had to as my save was experienceing crash dumps and I couldn't get past a certain date. 10.3 sorted that out. I have noticed an improvement with the ME and that is pleasing but there are issues I have with it, those being : Contract offers : I offered my existing players some new contracts and a few of them wanted less than what they were already on e.g. my striker, Charlie Sheringham was on £750 p/w, new contract offer he wanted £375 p/w. Not that i'm complaining :D and

Injuries : The reason I stopped playing FM09 was due to the unbelievable amount of injuries I had in 9.3. For me, 10.3 has similar problems and i'm experiencing 4-5 injuries per game. This for me is a game breaker but i'll persist with it for a while as i'm only halfway through a season. If it continues though I'll have no choice but to knock FM10 and probably the FM series on the head :(.

Hopefully you have more luck DodgeeD with 10.3.

Deisler26
08-03-2010, 12:34
I am enjoying 10.3, it's a struggle and there are a lot of deflections leading to opposition goals.

I'm wondering if my thread needs some pics or if it's good enough for just text?

Darkwain
08-03-2010, 22:52
10.3 has brought injury after injury for me i dont think ive had a point this season im in without an injury

UELLfan
09-03-2010, 08:11
10.3 has improved the ME leaps and bounds. At first my defensive setup didn't work as well, but after a bit of tinkering and our keeper making some 4 or 5 top notch performances I managed to sort it out.

What I've enjoyed the best is complacency kicking in big time in our last ten league matches as we neared the end of our domestically unbeaten season. By the end of it they played complacent even against Olympique Marseille :D Get Stuck in! Press More! It's been an exciting and nerve wrecking end of a season here :D

Fountain of youth
13-03-2010, 07:49
For me season or half season updates are the only ones i read, Pre-season and end of season with maybe a short January update. i follow a few threads, but I'm interested mainly in your signings, where u finished and your goals and if you achieved them, I dont really wanna read through 40 match reports of someones save i dont see the interest there, good season updates for me. Is it possible to use that code you all use for history and achievements? and where is it

Raware
13-03-2010, 08:17
You mean this?
Acheivements...

Just type [code*]...then what you want to write, then [/code*] (minus the *'s)

:thup:

Fountain of youth
13-03-2010, 08:36
Thanks m8 :thup:

Deisler26
13-03-2010, 09:18
I take it the game by game style isn't very popular?

acidmonkey
13-03-2010, 09:48
some people not keen others are, you write it how you want to i suppose and if people want to read they will otherwise they wont :D

Raware
13-03-2010, 09:53
some people not keen others are, you write it how you want to i suppose and if people want to read they will otherwise they wont :D

Perfectly summed up :D

acidmonkey
13-03-2010, 10:05
i learnt off when i asked and it turned into a war lol :D

Raware
13-03-2010, 10:33
Lol, I just didn't want someone else's opinion forced on to me that was all. As you say, this forum caters for all different kinds of styles.

Elrithral
15-03-2010, 09:17
I take it the game by game style isn't very popular?

Fraid so, i've had private discussions with a couple of people who have been put off using CU because of certain users attitudes and they told me that they were considering giving up their update. Unfortunately, sicne then, they have, but it's not for me to point the finger of blame. :(

It's especially disappointing considering the fact that said threads were 6th and 7th most viewed active updates, so it was obvious that the negative opinions of thsoe types of threads were in the minority. Just goes to show how bullying and negativity can affect a forum.

acidmonkey
15-03-2010, 09:22
Whats "certain" users attitudes got to do with anything hes asking if the game by game stlye is worth doing?

Deisler26 post however you feel comfortable posting, which ever way it enhances the enjoyment of the game. If people are going to read it, it doesnt matter what style its in, personally i read alot of other peoples threads and its varies from the game by game to the end of season posts only. if people find it intresting enough they will read it

Elrithral
15-03-2010, 09:27
Whats "certain" users attitudes got to do with anything hes asking if the game by game stlye is worth doing?

You don't think people's attitudes towards a certain style have anything to do with the opinion of a certain style i.e. whether it is popular or not? :confused: The fact that people who used that style gave up and questioned whether they should continue using it or not is perfectly pertinent to a discussion on whether or not said style is frowned upon and seems to indicate that it is frowned upon.

acidmonkey
15-03-2010, 09:34
No i dont, as there are successfull threads featuring both styles. and people should be writing it for their own enjoyment not for the benefit of others to read.
As has been said before if its intresting enough people WILL read it regardless of style

Elrithral
15-03-2010, 09:38
No doubt, but if it's castigated and frowned upon in such a vicious and unnecessary manner then it will drive writers away, regardless of how many people read it. As has been proven in my conversations with other writers and I think that's worth mentioning when someone asks about opinion of certain styles, of course I could just toe the line and pretend that said bullying and harrassment doesn't exist, but....

acidmonkey
15-03-2010, 09:42
im not in the mood for an argument sorry as any one can tell your fishing for one,

and its not frowned upon in anyway, some people prefer not to read them some do.
Considering i do a monthly update and i get close to 10 views for every post i make i think its going well for me

Elrithral
15-03-2010, 09:45
Fishing for an argument? :confused: Why bother? What you actually mean is that you aren't in the mood for reasoned discussion unless the end product is someone agreeing with you.

However, since you're jumping ship so as to avoid an adult conversation, i'll finish my tuppence worth. I disagree, but I respect you're opinion. :)

Deisler26
15-03-2010, 13:47
My thought on it was that I enjoy doing game by game atm. However, I used to do a 4 update season in my Empoli GPTG thread. End of August, End of Dec, End of Jan and End of season.

As anyone who puts their career up, I like people to read it. However I don't want to bore people with a game by game so if the majority would prefer a 4 post season, I'll happily bow to that.

So in essence, both Elrithral and acidmonkey gave me the answers I was looking for!

dafuge
15-03-2010, 18:08
You don't think people's attitudes towards a certain style have anything to do with the opinion of a certain style i.e. whether it is popular or not? :confused: The fact that people who used that style gave up and questioned whether they should continue using it or not is perfectly pertinent to a discussion on whether or not said style is frowned upon and seems to indicate that it is frowned upon.

I sincerely hope that as a moderator of this forum that I haven't let my opinions been taken out of context.

I've mentioned before that I'm not keen on reading game by game updates, but the last thing I want to do is to put people off from writing them as they have just as much potential to be popular as any other style.

If you fancy PMing me with a few names, particularly when it comes to the incidences of bullying, I'll gladly look into it.

Raware
16-03-2010, 01:02
I don't think they have dafuge. Both you and I gave our preference on how we like to write and read updates (after all, that was the question posed right?) but as you say, and as I have said, any kind of update style is more than acceptable and has as much potential to be popular as any other.

As far as 'bullying' is concerned here...since being in this forum from day one, I have never, ever seen any kind of 'bullying' in this forum whatsoever.

Elrithral
16-03-2010, 09:09
daf, not you, but I have no doubt that comments such as this;

Remind me to place you back on my ignore list. I have no idea why I removed you

in the context of a discussion on what people prefer and a simple difference of opinion, leads to comments like this;

I just feel the style I've adopted (which, incidentally, was inspired by my thorough enjoyment of Elrithral's thread) needs a little defending here.

Or this;

I think some people need to be reminded that this is the case, we went from me asking if monthly updates really took that long to write and in doing so promoting one style of update to someone making an obvious attempt to belittle another user. Is it any wonder that some members think monthly updates came out in a negative light?

Like I said earlier, i've spoken to three regular users of this forum who were very disappointed with the way things turned out in the above discussion, one wasn't sure if he would continue his update as a result of the attitude towards monthly updates and has made only one update since then.

Raware
16-03-2010, 11:22
We can all nit pick and choose which quotes to highlight to try and portray somebody in a bad light. What you fail to highlight is my actual opinion on the discussed matter which i've said numerous times.

This is why I wanted this forum created...to welcome all sorts of writing and threads. Other forums have strict rules and this provides an outlet for people who wish to do things differently. Like I said, I prefer writing and reading threads with 2 or 3 updates, but that's just me. You prefer writing and reading monthly updates which is just as acceptable. That's the beauty of this forum.

Hopefully this forum caters for all kinds of threads. As you said, if you look in a thread and it's not for you, you don't have to keep going back. As dafuge mentioned, it would get a bit dull if we all had identical looking threads and updates :).

There is no right or wrong way to post a career update. Obviously people have their own preference in how to read/write updates but this should in no way dictate to others how theirs should be presented.

You can write it however you want acidmonkey. Which ever way you choose will be more than fine, it's whatever you feel most comfortable with. That's the great thing about this forum :). I was just giving my two cents as everyone else has :).

Is it any wonder that some members think monthly updates came out in a negative light?

I fail to see how my responses added to some members thinking monthly updates came out in a negative light?

To answer your "obvious attempt to belittle another user" point...

Fishing for an argument? :confused: Why bother? What you actually mean is that you aren't in the mood for reasoned discussion unless the end product is someone agreeing with you.

However, since you're jumping ship so as to avoid an adult conversation...

Contradiction?

Elrithral
16-03-2010, 14:27
There's a difference between stating an opinion of someones behaviour and telling someone that you will go out of your way to ignore them.

One thing though, since you replied to my previous post you obviously didn't put me on ignore, which only serves to highlight that the comment in question was intended as a put down, rather than a statement of intent.

Look, i'm just giving my opinion based on conversations I have had, there's no point discussing it because our opinion differs and we aren't going to agree, but I think it was worth mentioning because of the impact I believe your comments may have had.

Raware
16-03-2010, 14:46
There's a difference between stating an opinion of someones behaviour and telling someone that you will go out of your way to ignore them

This isn't what you're doing here. You're telling him what he's doing/thinking ("What you actually mean is that you aren't in the mood for reasoned discussion unless the end product is someone agreeing with you") when you in fact have no idea why he doesn't want to discuss the subject further.

Since you're jumping ship so as to avoid an adult conversation

Is this not belittling him by suggesting he doesn't want an adult conversation? :confused:

One thing though, since you replied to my previous post you obviously didn't put me on ignore, which only serves to highlight that the comment in question was intended as a put down, rather than a statement of intent.

Another conclusion in which you've jumped to. I did actually put you on ignore but was curious as to how this thread was going and since I couldn't see your comments I decided to remove you to see them.

Look, i'm just giving my opinion based on conversations I have had, there's no point discussing it because our opinion differs and we aren't going to agree, but I think it was worth mentioning because of the impact I believe your comments may have had.

As i've quoted for you...four quotes actually out of the many responses i've given, my responses and opinions in no way said that one style of update was better than the other. How this has an impact on how others feel about update styles bemuses me :confused:.

Elrithral
16-03-2010, 14:49
Fair enough, you're right, i'm wrong. Sorry for bothering you.

Raware
16-03-2010, 14:59
Fair enough, you're right, i'm wrong. Sorry for bothering you.

Please don't condescend.

How am I right and you're wrong? I didn't realise it was a right or wrong discussion. As far as i'm concerned there is no right or wrong way to produce an update. As i've stated countless times, any kind of update is acceptable in this forum.

I just don't take kindly to false accusations i.e the statement that my opinions affected how people post when in fact i've given no indication as to a 'better' style, therefore putting off writers/readers posting and an accusation of bullying.

Maybe it's better if we avoid each other from now on.

Elrithral
16-03-2010, 15:14
Christ almighty, all I was doing was ending the conversation rather than keep it going and going round in circles, but even that is met with a horrible attitude. There's something seriosuly wrong with this place if that's an acceptable attitude towards someone trying to end a discussion that has gone too far!

As for false accusations, my opinion was based on discussion with a number of CU users who weren't impressed with your attitude, I didn't just pluck it out of thin air. CU has lost users, myself included now, because of your attitude in this discussion and that's fact, it was discussed elsewhere, in private.

I've raised my concerns with the daf, i'll leave it in his very capable hands, but for now i'll say goodbye to CU and give up on a very well received update because of this conversation. And you say that your attitude hasn't affected people's opinion of the general opinion of monthly updates? Do me a favour.

Anyways, that's that and i'm gone, so you got what you wanted.

Raware
16-03-2010, 15:31
You wasn't ending the conversation, you was condescending.

As for false accusations, my opinion was based on discussion with a number of CU users who weren't impressed with your attitude, I didn't just pluck it out of thin air. CU has lost users, myself included now, because of your attitude in this discussion and that's fact, it was discussed elsewhere, in private.

How is my attitude any different to others in here. An opinion was asked which people prefer (not which is better). My preference is seasonal as are...

ideally id like to do a start of season (after friendlies + signings) update, a jan one, and an end of season one....

Personally, I like to spend my free time playing the game instead of writing up match reports...

Personally, I think monthly updates are too often. You only really need to post updates that people will be interested in, which for me is restricted to end of season updates and noteable events.

Very much agree with that. Honestly, I don't see the point in monthly updates. That sounds more like a story to me. Easier to follow a career with seasonal updates.

I'm the same, I like to put my time into playing the game rather than writing about it. During a normal working week I am pretty much restricted to weekends only, so I like to make sure I spend that time playing rather than writing, as that is what I enjoy more...

How mine differs from those opinions and how my attitude has affected people's opinion of the general opinion of monthly updates quite frankly puzzles me :confused:. It seems that i'm being singled out for expressing a common preference, which is then deduced to be the reason for people leaving. :confused:

Anyways, that's that and i'm gone, so you got what you wanted

Please explain to me where i've said this...

AcidBurn
16-03-2010, 16:11
I started an Everton save on a game by game basis but found that I didn't have enough time to add the updates like that. I am now contemplating if it's worth posting in seasonal updates. I would like to post about my career as I think it's pretty interesting but am not sure if I should open a new thread or continue on from the old one, any suggestions are more than welcome.

acidmonkey
16-03-2010, 16:13
id say continue in the current thread,if possible perhaps edit the current posts to match with the style your going for?

AcidBurn
16-03-2010, 16:16
That's what I was thinking I got to Feb with the game by game stuff so I could maybe write out a round up of that season. I would like to write a pre-season update stating what changes I was making and then a round up of the season. The thing that bothers me is I do write for myself but like to have some feedback and since it's been so long maybe people would not be interested in it if you understand where I am coming from.

Deisler26
16-03-2010, 17:13
That's what I was thinking I got to Feb with the game by game stuff so I could maybe write out a round up of that season. I would like to write a pre-season update stating what changes I was making and then a round up of the season. The thing that bothers me is I do write for myself but like to have some feedback and since it's been so long maybe people would not be interested in it if you understand where I am coming from.

I agree. It's great to see reading counts go higher every time, just sometimes you wish someone would offer a little critique of things that could be better.

Almondo
16-03-2010, 17:36
I agree. It's great to see reading counts go higher every time, just sometimes you wish someone would offer a little critique of things that could be better.

I know what you mean Deisler. It sometimes seems as though it's just me and Nobby Mcdonald reading my thread. It would be nice to see some other comments as well.

dafuge
16-03-2010, 17:43
Please explain to me where i've said this...

Time for both of you to drop it now I think, no one really wants to read petty arguments here.

acidmonkey
16-03-2010, 19:58
I know what you mean Deisler. It sometimes seems as though it's just me and Nobby Mcdonald reading my thread. It would be nice to see some other comments as well.

i post in others threads when i can think of something to say otherwise id just be posting drivel TBH

Raware
17-03-2010, 01:25
Time for both of you to drop it now I think, no one really wants to read petty arguments here.

I totally agree dafuge but it does become a little irritating when accusations are being made against me which have no basis for any kind of truth whatsoever. Don't I have a right to ask why these accusations are being made? Or do I just accept the false accusations?

I am following your threads, it's just sometimes you don't want to write KUTGW or something. It is nice to wake up though and read Nobby's comments...they do make me laugh! :D A posting style all of his own :D.

Almondo
17-03-2010, 01:29
I am following your threads, it's just sometimes you don't want to write KUTGW or something. It is nice to wake up though and read Nobby's comments...they do make me laugh! :D A posting style all of his own :D.

Now that is true. Especially when Stoke do well :D

Feedolover
17-03-2010, 15:47
I'm in 2 minds whether to continue my European adventure, currently with Galatasaraay. If I started a new game and wrote it up, it would be either with Shrewsbury Town, a Blue Square North/South Team (probably Telford), or a level 10 team

Out of the four options, which would be the most popular choice for people to read
- Continue the Galatasaraay game and continue trying to conquer all areas of Europe
- Start with my club Shrewsbury with the new data update, to see if I can turn them into a massive force
- Start with a Blue Square club, probably Telford, and see how far I can take them and how my management career progresses
- Or enter a area totally alien to me, Level 10 and just see what happens

I would be happy to do any of those four, and write them up, just wondering what people would be most interested in and rather read?

Pangaea
17-03-2010, 15:56
Question for people who have gotten a new stadium built and played a fair few seasons.

Have you been able to expand this new stadium to more than twice its original size?

acidmonkey
17-03-2010, 16:00
Personally i like reading the level 10 games, but i also like to read the big club games too so its your choice as ultimatly your playing the game Feedolover

LCFC
17-03-2010, 16:08
Surely it should be the game you'll enjoy playing the most, not what people would enjoy reading.

Feedolover
17-03-2010, 17:12
Surely it should be the game you'll enjoy playing the most, not what people would enjoy reading.

I'm up for any of them though, but I can't do 4 games at the same time :)

LCFC
17-03-2010, 17:18
Cool, well I'll be keeping an eye out for whichever one you go for ;)

dafuge
17-03-2010, 19:05
Question for people who have gotten a new stadium built and played a fair few seasons.

Have you been able to expand this new stadium to more than twice its original size?

I think my first stadium was expanded to exactly double. Far too early to tell with the second one :cool:

acidmonkey
17-03-2010, 19:56
oh aye your the freak who got two new stadiums

and i say freak in a totally nice and non offensive way :D

Almondo
17-03-2010, 20:01
Some people get all the luck. It took 15 years just to get 1 new stadium for me.

Pangaea
17-03-2010, 20:02
I think my first stadium was expanded to exactly double. Far too early to tell with the second one :cool:

That's what I seemed to remember too. Then I noticed mine too was exactly twice the size. So I'm worried now... :(

dafuge
17-03-2010, 20:19
That's what I seemed to remember too. Then I noticed mine too was exactly twice the size. So I'm worried now... :(

You may have the dreaded 20 years of pain to look forward to then :(

Pangaea
17-03-2010, 21:58
I'm afraid so yeah :(

I'm already feeling the pinch from the small stadium. It will be a real drag when we establish ourselves properly in the top.

Darkwain
18-03-2010, 11:51
yous are lucky, i cant even get my board to improve my training facilities or replace my mud bath of a pitch, ive managed to get their finances over the million mark too, but still no money for improvments

Pangaea
18-03-2010, 12:55
I did start out with a 2500 capacity stadium though, which apparently couldn't be expanded. Crying shame they didn't build bigger when they first did, cause now it's going to bottleneck our finances the next two decades :(

acidmonkey
19-03-2010, 12:11
new rig should be up and running in a week (waiting for delivery of parts) so should be able to zip through more months in my fm game :D

Cardiovascular
20-03-2010, 10:14
Is there anyway to see previous league tables from say, a season ago?

dafuge
20-03-2010, 10:17
Is there anyway to see previous league tables from say, a season ago?

There's a 'year' button in the top right hand corner.

acidmonkey
20-03-2010, 10:18
select the league you want to see then year > the year you want to see (only includes seasons played in game)

Cardiovascular
20-03-2010, 12:16
How blunt of me. I meant something like September 2009 when I'm in January 2011

dafuge
20-03-2010, 12:17
How blunt of me. I meant something like September 2009 when I'm in January 2011

Ah right, in that case, no. You can't get the league graphs for previous season either.

acidmonkey
20-03-2010, 22:50
anyone using steam know if i use the backup will it backup the game to the point a reinstall wouldnt need updates?

LCFC
22-03-2010, 18:47
Just on the off chance has anyone heard of the picture you upload for your manager profile when adding a manager in-game disappearing? My one seems to have gone for no apparent reason :(

Edit - I load an older save and its still there in that one :confused:

Edit v2 - Nevermind, reloaded my current save and it re-appeared. Odd.

El_Ricardo
24-03-2010, 15:50
Yeah, I've had this as well. I don't know why it happens. It's decided to appear most of the time now.

crouchaldinho
25-03-2010, 23:24
Did either of you reload your skin with a save loaded?

LCFC
26-03-2010, 15:25
Hmm I can't remember in all honesty, I can't think why I would have as I've just used the regular light skin the whole time but it hasn't disappeared since that day so must have just been one of those things.

acidmonkey
31-03-2010, 08:44
HOLY ****!!!

my new comp just processed the first fround of the FA Vase in under 5 seconds :D

i love my new pc me :)

UAF_85
01-04-2010, 22:46
How do you post screeenshots?

dafuge
01-04-2010, 22:58
From the 'READ ME FIRST' thread:

How to Post a Screenshot

While in FM, press Alt and F9
A picture will be saved to a screenshots folder, in the FM10 folder in your documents
Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
Post the direct Url to the image here.
How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

;)

UELLfan
03-04-2010, 09:46
ALT+F9 has been the best improvement from FM08 onwards in my opinion. So much easier to gather those screenshots needed to keep trail of your developing youngsters or to update on your progress.

dafuge
04-04-2010, 17:12

Here's something I did not want to see (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/dafuge-24.png) :(

It seems that my new 65779 capacity Dafuge Arena (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/TootingMitchamUnited-59.png) cannot be expanded, looks like I may have to wait another 20 years :(

RichG
07-04-2010, 16:10
if only you could get the extra 221 seats for 66,000

they may build a new £300m stadium and bankrupt you so its not all bad

acidmonkey
07-04-2010, 16:14

thats true lol :D

dafuge
07-04-2010, 17:00

I think I've got another 14 or so years before that will happen :(

Cardiovascular
08-04-2010, 22:40
I need some help for a title... it's a one-clubber with Annan Athletic and I cannot think what to call my thread.

MeLikeFM
08-04-2010, 22:43
I need some help for a title... it's a one-clubber with Annan Athletic and I cannot think what to call my thread.

Annan and on and on and on :D actuallly thats awful

PaulHartman71
08-04-2010, 22:43
An Absolutely Awesome Annan Athletic Adventure?

Cardiovascular
08-04-2010, 22:48
MeLikeFM - that's pretty bad :D although I had a similar idea with Annan nanananana :D

Paul - it's got potential with all the alliteration but i'm not too sure.

Nicknames: Black and Golds (got me thinking about the Sam Sparro song) and Galabankies.

dafuge
09-04-2010, 02:02
Annan and on and on and on :D actuallly thats awful

and Ariston?

Showing my age there :(

hursty2
09-04-2010, 13:24
I miss this thread so much, that I can't get into another game. :thdn: Otherwise I'd still be posting in here.

http://www.community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=171186

dafuge
09-04-2010, 13:25
Losing a game like that is devastating. A similar thing happened to me last year, I was just gutted.

hursty2
09-04-2010, 14:28
Yeah now I can't wait till FM11 comes out, new start, fresh features and most of all I'll have finished school...forever! :D

Deisler26
11-04-2010, 19:06
and Ariston?

Showing my age there :(

Me too :(...........

AcidBurn
13-04-2010, 18:36
How do I post a screenshot so that it's a link that says something else? I have done it before but can't remember how. Also do I have to create a screenshot folder and press F8 or something to get the screenshot into that folder automatically?

UELLfan
13-04-2010, 18:44
(URL=link)text here(/URL)

Sub () for []

No folder creation necessary. Just press F9 and they go into My docs/FM/screenies

AcidBurn
13-04-2010, 18:48
Cheers dude, if I decide to do a career thread I like to have a few screenshots along the way.

WH
13-04-2010, 20:06
If you put either side of your BB code it stops the code. You can then show the code as it should be Text here (link) without having to substitute the brackets.

Its useful if trying to describe it to somone with little computer knowhow.

acidmonkey
13-04-2010, 21:52
thats the one! cheers WH been trying to remember the [noparse] thin for AGES!

ism-scfc
14-04-2010, 22:13
Can I confirm that its OK to have two saves with threads in here at the same time?

I really want to do my new County save, but only alongside my other one, not instead of it

AcidBurn
14-04-2010, 22:45
Surely it will be okay, the rules are one thread per career so I see no reason why not.

dafuge
14-04-2010, 23:12
Can I confirm that its OK to have two saves with threads in here at the same time?

I really want to do my new County save, but only alongside my other one, not instead of it

Yes, that's fine :thup:

acidmonkey
15-04-2010, 13:34
well for my game at work lunchtimes im back in Egypt :)

NepentheZ
21-04-2010, 16:18
I've got FM10 on iPhone. Will be starting an Arsenal career (the first time I've managed them since FM06) - and should make for an interesting careers thread :p

Gundo
21-04-2010, 20:15
Just a quick one guys, if anyone has an answer...

On the squad screen when I set the view to 'selection' and click into another screen, when I return to the squad screen it's changed back to General Info?? Anyway to get the 'selection' screen to stick? Am I missing something?

NepentheZ
22-04-2010, 01:37
The only way around it for me, Gundo, was to make my own screen and save it. Then it uses that as the default.

crouchaldinho
22-04-2010, 13:16
Just a quick one guys, if anyone has an answer...

On the squad screen when I set the view to 'selection' and click into another screen, when I return to the squad screen it's changed back to General Info?? Anyway to get the 'selection' screen to stick? Am I missing something?

I have no idea but this drives me slightly crazy. :mad:

If you find out how to make it stay, let me know!

Gundo
22-04-2010, 15:07
Cheers Nep.:thup:

Yeah drives me crazy too! Happens on the scouting screens aswel, most annoying.:confused:

dankrzyz
22-04-2010, 20:10
I'm considering doing a French career game, loading L1 through CFA and working my way up from the bottom. I do have a couple of questions:

1.) One thing that I've never seen a full & firm answer to is African player eligibility for French leagues. In some/many/few cases, African national do not count toward the "non-EU maximum" that the French leagues have. Is that former French colonies only? All African countries? Are there any other nations with a similar agreement? I would like to be sure to load some of those players into the active database for this new save, but don't want to add many if they're part of the limited non-EU rule.

It would be helpful to know a player's eligibility before you sign him. After you sign him, of course you can see the FGN status or not, but it's too late!

2.) I've read that the CFA is not playable from the begining, but that some teams do become eligible to manage. How does this work?

3.) Are all Ligue 2 teams professional? How about Championat Nacional? I assume CFA is all amateur or reserve teams, right?

4.) Any other suggestions about setting up the player database / game as I'm planning? Other French hints or tips?

Thanks!

RichG
23-04-2010, 10:33
Not sure about point 1 but

2) Check the editors section and see if anyone has done a full french update for lower leagues. May be there if you look
3) See above
4) Load max players to get good lower league realism or at least large

French league is cool. I had a St Etienne game years ago. One of the best games i did. I just raided the U19 and 21 sides every year for the best youth tallent. French league always has good regens :)

Try this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=178624&highlight=french+league

acidmonkey
23-04-2010, 10:43
1) from what i understand its only the french Colonies who dont count as non-EU players so thats:
French Guiana · Guadeloupe · Mayotte · Martinique · New Caledonia · Réunion · Saint-Martin
it "may" include former french colonies but not too sure which would be Algeria but not sure on that

2) CFA teams are only manageable if they are relegated from the National

3) Ligue 1 & 2 are seen as the professional leagues so national and CFA seem to be Semi-pro im guessing.

4) Load all players from France and all the French colonies, will help no end after that its upto you

Good Luck in France :)

foxyboy478
25-04-2010, 11:01
Just started as Norwich after their promotion, brought in Rosen Kirilov, Christian Vieri, Bart Vriends, Joe Lolley, Celso Ayala and Njaka Rafilibera. Sold, Simon Lappin to Bristol Rovers for £220k. Currently sitting top of the league, by 1 point, got Charlton next who are in second place. :)

acidmonkey
26-04-2010, 12:07
pitty the lower league updates dont go down to level 15, someone could have a thread title 15-to-1 :D

RichG
27-04-2010, 15:56
lol all the way down to sunday league and take your local pub side to the Premier League :)

Jenko_EFC
06-05-2010, 21:04
I'm considering starting one but will go very in detail with matchdays and preferably with Everton as I support them or do you think I should go someone further down and possibly level 10?
EDIT: If I done a level 10 one I'd probably do 6 month updates as opposed to1 match, 1 update

AcidBurn
07-05-2010, 17:20
I would like to see an Everton one. I guess it's what ever game you think you will get into the most.

Jenko_EFC
07-05-2010, 17:37
I would like to see an Everton one. I guess it's what ever game you think you will get into the most.

Going to do an Everton one now :).

AcidBurn
07-05-2010, 20:39
Looking forward to it, I loved managing them.

PaulHartman71
07-05-2010, 23:29
Anyone in here interested in taking part in an OTF Fifa World Cup tournament for the PS3? PM me if interested.

I apologize for the shamefull advert, but I'm just seeing if I can get any reliable people before potentially having to go to GQ :(

AcidBurn
10-05-2010, 10:19
I write my updates for myself and to hopefully inspire other people to start similar games or at least give them an interesting career to read. This got me thinking does it put people off reading about a career of someone who manages a big team? Most career threads seem to be journeyman games or starting really low down in one country to work their way to the top. I have moved to Real Madrid on my save would this put people off reading?

acidmonkey
10-05-2010, 10:50
nope i think my round the world thread proved people like reading the big teams as i got the same amnount of views and replies it seemed when managing Shakhtar, Al-Ahly as i did manageing Inter

MeLikeFM
10-05-2010, 12:07
I write my updates for myself and to hopefully inspire other people to start similar games or at least give them an interesting career to read. This got me thinking does it put people off reading about a career of someone who manages a big team? Most career threads seem to be journeyman games or starting really low down in one country to work their way to the top. I have moved to Real Madrid on my save would this put people off reading?

Its just as interesting working with a top team. You just have different expectations and pressures. I look forward to reading it.

rancer890
10-05-2010, 13:36
I would be interested. Just because they hired me in my other game as well. I went with buying a bunch of players from former club Zenit. :p

acidmonkey
10-05-2010, 16:12
i like the big side stories as it makes me even more determined to get my Crook side up the leagues.

ToMexico!!
10-05-2010, 17:51
Similarly it could be said about my career AcidBurn. I prefer being those smaller clubs and building up but my save is a career save, staying with small clubs wouldn't be much of a career progression would it. Thats why I'm trying to stick with mid-tabled sides at the moment, then in 5 seasons maybe move to a 'large' club, the likes of River/Boca/Chelsea/Arsenal...then after making them dominant, move onto a smaller mid tabled club and start over, or take a fallen giant, maybe a former premiership club from league two back to where they belong. How ever your career pans out, it shoudn't really matter to anyone else as long its what you want from your game.

Your updates are great and long may it continue.

Nobby_McDonald
11-05-2010, 23:29

I tend to ignore the ones where somebody starts at a big club. If somebody is managing a Real Madrid or Manchester United because they've earned the right, I'm interested in it. If they start off there then I'm not. Unless they are Alex Ferguson, but why would he be playing the game?

Nobby_McDonald
11-05-2010, 23:30
Addendum: I remember the days when football manager games made you start in Division Four. :D

DodgeeD
12-05-2010, 07:29
Also the days when you had a virtual telephone for calling other managers to make transfer bids :D

Nobby_McDonald
12-05-2010, 23:56
Yes, but even that didn't exist in the very beginning. :D