PDA

View Full Version : FM Careers Forum Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

crouchaldinho
14-07-2012, 10:42
Hey guys. Just wondering if any of you might be able to help me make a decision in my calcio career save as I'm struggling to come to a conclusion about something involving my future in this save.

The thread and post link is here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/294376-Lessons-in-Calcio-Crouchy-Facci-Sognare!?p=7958608#post7958608

I'd appreciate any advice if you have the time to drop by! :)

SRL88
16-07-2012, 12:05
SRL88 - Liverpool

I am a bit of a mark for Hoffenheim as well :).

Tomtuck supports Man Utd to :thdn:

SRL88
16-07-2012, 12:21
When do these FMCU Awards start up usually??? Want to plan my voting in advance ;).

Deisler26
17-07-2012, 12:12
When do these FMCU Awards start up usually??? Want to plan my voting in advance ;).

September or October?

DazRTaylor
20-07-2012, 19:55
Do any of you like the achievements? I love them though I don't go out of my way for them. Some of them I will never get as I have no plans to take a 3rd division side to the premier league in Scotland, for example. But I enjoy them nonetheless. I am currently 71/91 - how about the rest of you?

Nottingham Forest
20-07-2012, 20:03
I have 30/31 of them. I'm not overly fussed about them but if I see one pop up during the game I get a little happy :D.

deltablue
21-07-2012, 08:50
Was looking through them recently to see what I'd got, but otherwise don't have much interest beyond it being nice when some pop up, admitedly not far off from a first 'Hero' achievement which would at least mean something if I got it.

SRL88
21-07-2012, 09:07
I dont even think about getting them but it is nice when they pop up.

AcidBurn
21-07-2012, 10:37
I don't really aim to get them but I do like it when I unlock them got 67 at the moment.

tomtuck01
21-07-2012, 10:38
I noticed it the first few times it happened, but not since really.

Deisler26
22-07-2012, 03:24
I got the Italian Hero one.

crouchaldinho
24-07-2012, 11:45
So, anyone get anything much in the Steam sale? Any bargains got?

Any games added to your library that you'll hardly have touched by the time the next sale hits? It's not a proper Steam sales experience without that! ;)

crouchaldinho
24-07-2012, 11:47
Regarding the achievements, I've got 37/91 apparently. I quite like achievements although some of them for FM seem a bit silly to me but what do I know?

It does give me a warm fuzzy feeling when one pops up. :D

SnakeXe
24-07-2012, 13:32
So, anyone get anything much in the Steam sale? Any bargains got?

Any games added to your library that you'll hardly have touched by the time the next sale hits? It's not a proper Steam sales experience without that! ;)
Oh you already know I did!

Final count is:

Age of Empires 3 Collection
ARMA 2
Batman Arkham City Collection
Bulletstorm
Crysis Collection
Deus Ex Collection
Driver: San Francisco
Fable 3
Just Cause 2
Monkey Island Collection
Psychonauts
Saints Row 3
Civilization 5

As for achievements, I have 64/91 at the moment.

crouchaldinho
24-07-2012, 13:34
Well, I got all of the games on my wishlist that I really wanted and then some. Spent beyond my initial budget. :o

Here is my final list:
Dark Messiah
Complete Half Life
The Binding of Isaac & DLC
Fallout 3
Fallout NV
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood & Revelations
Botanicula
Galatic Civilzations II: Ultimate Edition
Trine & Trine 2
Torchlight
The Witcher & The Witcher 2
Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of Baskervilles
Dungeons of Dredmor

I'll probably hardly get through any of them before the next sale hits! Pretty pleased with my buys though. :)

SnakeXe
24-07-2012, 15:00
Ahh so you caved on The Witcher in the end!

All these new games and I'm still only playing FM and Minecraft :lol:

SRL88
24-07-2012, 16:45
Alright fella's. I know one of these has been created in the OTF, but I did one last season for the GPTG and decided to continue it this season.

Anyway, if any of you are interested here is the shizzle!!!

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

Deisler26
27-07-2012, 11:50
We should have a YouTube goals thread dedicated to FMCU. We can then have a 'Goal Of The Year' award at the FMCU awards.

SnakeXe
27-07-2012, 12:57
That'd be cool! Would be good this year thanks to the record button which means you don't miss out half the buildup like on FM11.

Deisler26
27-07-2012, 12:58
It'd need to be a sticky though.

Jason the Yank
28-07-2012, 08:31
Started wondering tonight what the song was after Salt Lake goals. It's actually written by Branden Steineckert (current Rancid drummer, Salt Lake native, and RSL season-ticket holder)

http://youtu.be/Pa1DJ008t9Y

http://youtu.be/S0llsJL-nTs

Still wish FM could incorporate crowd chats. :D

Lower Leagues Rule
29-07-2012, 19:43
Does anyone know of players having issues with first team football when you couldn't select them?

I currently have a player who spent 6 months on Military Service, came back wanting first team football, at the time I had a better pairing so he went on loan, he came back and played the final league game of the season, then the first game of the new season, following that game he got injured and 6 weeks later he is still listed as missing 3-6 weeks, but is moaning about missing first team football and constantly being overlooked? Any ideas?

deltablue
29-07-2012, 19:52
In a lesser extent, in my first ever season on FM 11. I had a couple of players who wanted first team football, so I put them in for both remaining games of the season. They still moaned but with no games left to play them in there was hardly anything I could do. Put me off private chats for most of the year, and even now I tend to tread carefully when requests for first team football are involved.

Lower Leagues Rule
29-07-2012, 19:56
Oh I try to not promise anything, because then they just end up deciding to leave, but in this case I haven't talked to him, he is just talking to the media. Is a bit frustrating as if he was healthy he would be first choice in the role.

SnakeXe
02-08-2012, 07:56
Just briefly poked my head into GD again, my god. :eek:

SRL88
02-08-2012, 08:11

Yeah, never do that if you want to leave with some sanity.

acidmonkey
02-08-2012, 09:12

your a braver man than me!

deltablue
02-08-2012, 09:37
I find it amusing seeing the nonsense people put, much like I read comments on news stories (Usually Yahoo, Football365 and PlanetF1) to get a feeling of smugness at being rather more sensible than that.

SnakeXe
02-08-2012, 14:27
It's absolutely maddening. I don't understand how the likes of wwfan can keep coming back and explaining the same point to different gibbering loons time and time again and not find it soul destroyingly pointless. I'd put it down to trolling but I don't think it is in most of the cases. Some of these people genuinely have an image in their head of Sports Interactive as some massive faceless global conglomerate with its headquarters inside an active volcano where Miles and the Collyers spend their days cackling maniacally and plotting new ways to annoy their fanbase.

Also the fact that it's the same mindless complaints over and over again. The threads about Steam are identical to the ones about Steam back in October. The threads about the ME being bugged are the same as the ones about the ME being bugged from *insert previous FM edition*. I always consider posting a reasoned reply with evidence backing up my claim in the hopes of helping someone, but there's just no point in it. I think one of the last threads I bothered replying to was someone saying the 4-2-3-1 deep formation is wrong and nobody would set up their team with a massive gap between the defensive and attacking midfielders. I replied to it with extensive screenshots from my Messina save where I used that system with very little tweaking and pointed out that there is no massive gap. His reply was effectively "yeah but no".

Mind you, it's still not as bad as something like Red and White Kop.

AcidBurn
02-08-2012, 15:43
The problem with GD is the odd good post here and there are drowned out by rubbish about the game being fixed, steam being crap, blah blah blah.

rancer890
02-08-2012, 17:48

I only go in there to have a laugh...

Anyone here play Pocket Planes for iPhone/iPad/iTouch? Addictive little game. :D

dashi112
02-08-2012, 18:04
hi there, hope you are enjoying my indonesia run currently, anything i could do to improve it content wise?

SRL88
02-08-2012, 21:01
Imagine being a mod in GD :brock:.

deltablue
02-08-2012, 21:22
hi there, hope you are enjoying my indonesia run currently, anything i could do to improve it content wise?

A bit more content perhaps? You don't say too much, but having taken a closer look there isn't too much else you're missing.

SRL88
02-08-2012, 21:54

Personally I find pictures more appealing than words unless it is a truely fantastic read. I love Delta & AcidMonkey's write-up because it is a truely fantastic read and they are very, very good writers but I prefer the use of screenshots in there. Unless you want for it to be a write-up which based off your thread so far it doesnt look that way then a few pictures would help!!! That is my personal opinion and isnt an insult in any way.

deltablue
03-08-2012, 08:42
Not too many though. As someone with a slow connection (made worse by being on the edge of the broadband range of the local exchange, my grandpa living less than a mile away hasn't got it at all), it doesn't take that many screenshots on a page to make loading a bit slow. That and the slightly small size of photobucket embedded pictures is why I use links though I am open to putting at least screenshots in mine soon.

dashi112
03-08-2012, 10:17
well i will only put pics up if neccesary or asked to by others

Deisler26
04-08-2012, 09:08
Literally a month to go before the 3rd Annual FMCU awards...

hursty2
06-08-2012, 08:55
In an attempt to rekindle my 'An FM Career - Now with added bitterness.' thread, I failed and really can't get back into the game.

So now I'm looking to start a new journeyman career, where I may even start off at my local club as if in real life and see how far I can get in the footballing world. This would require me to download an Australian expansion file and start off in the local leagues before moving to the A-League (logical) or to the UK (back home). The only down side to this is the amount of leagues I'll need at the start because the 'add/remove leagues' function is broke still (?). I might even just start off unemployed and work my way up from England's lower leagues.

Thoughts?

Raware
06-08-2012, 12:31

:D Not done that in a while. You're brave! :D Since FMCU has started I'm more than happy with how our 'community' has evolved. Some real good posts and posters which keep me coming back for more :thup:

deltablue
06-08-2012, 21:17
Been watching Canada-USA, fantastic game. Bad taste about USA's 3rd equalizer. They protested to get a free-kick awarded (admitedly rightly) due to the keeper holding on for just too long (they even counted the seconds to the ref, how sad is that?), then from it won a penalty for what could only have been ball to hand as the ball was far too quick and there was no arm movement. Plus a few bad fouls in extra-time. Still were a good team though so while I was rooting for Canada, can't begrudge the Americans victory.

rancer890
06-08-2012, 21:30
Been watching Canada-USA, fantastic game. Bad taste about USA's 3rd equalizer. They protested to get a free-kick awarded (admitedly rightly) due to the keeper holding on for just too long (they even counted the seconds to the ref, how sad is that?), then from it won a penalty for what could only have been ball to hand as the ball was far too quick and there was no arm movement. Plus a few bad fouls in extra-time. Still were a good team though so while I was rooting for Canada, can't begrudge the Americans victory.

Naturally as a Canadian, I'm p***** at the result. Great game other than the poor reffing. USA was given a penalty for that 3rd goal yet we protested a while before about a penalty yet that wasn't called. Our keeper was a bit shaky today but I don't think we could have done much more considering how pundits were saying we were going to get destroyed. Sinclair was unbelievable. First women's match I watched from start to end. Very entertaining but also very frustrating with the play sometimes. :D

Not surprisingly in the last few seconds of extra time, thanks to my FM experience, I felt there was a 1% chance that USA would score in that last attack...

Jason the Yank
08-08-2012, 03:17

Thierry Henry was doing it in, IIRC, a playoff game against Los Angeles last year (or maybe it was against Seattle? I know I saw him doing it, but I don't remember exactly who it was against). Wasn't doing it to the ref, but was holding his arms and raising a finger for each second :D

SRL88
10-08-2012, 21:27
Whats going on fella's? Long time no speak.

deltablue
11-08-2012, 11:36
Just reading the new 'Football Manager ruined my life' book (while playing FM), just come across one story of a chap boasting about the game and his story at a Magic: The Gathering tournament, and everyone being amazed that his story was over 100k words long. While obviously stories are far tougher than career diaries, mine is over 175k so I couldn't help thinking 'is that it?' :D

noikeee
11-08-2012, 11:40
I've considered ordering it but not sure I want to read that book, it might scare me off from the game. :D

john1
12-08-2012, 17:08
Struggling to find motivation to carry on my AZ save :( Decided to start in Germany but not sure who to manage? was thinking Gladbach or Hamburg or Werder Bremen? got Bundersliga 2 loaded up as well.

Any suggestions?

SRL88
12-08-2012, 18:36
I am enjoying my time with Gladbach so far, but that is in 2036 so its a completely different time. Personally, I would chose Hoffenheim, but that doesnt come as a surprise to those who know me :brock:.

rancer890
12-08-2012, 19:11
Go with Stuttgart. :)

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 19:18
Everyone looking forward to the new season?

As a Sunderland fan I am slightly worried we haven't signed anyone apart from Cueller and I highly doubt he will get us the 20 goals a season we need from a new signing. 15 million seems a lot for Fletcher but if that's what it takes that's what we have to pay. As a Crewe fan the season couldn't have started any better 5-0 over Hartlepool in the cup, two goals from the latest youngster Max Clayton. I can see him moving on at the end of the season for a similar fee to what we got for Nick Powell from Man United but I think Clayton could end up being the better player if he makes the right transfer move.

I wish this thread was more active, other parts of the forum bore me.

deltablue
12-08-2012, 19:25
In general, yes, but as an Ipswich fan we look mired in mediocrity for eternity, and too many strong sides around this year for that to change so not sure there'll be much to remember.

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 19:28
You can have Wickham back if you want.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 19:29
I am slightly scepticle about our season, but optimistic at the same time. I dont think we will get in the top 4, but I think a sustained push is probable. I am looking forward to the way we develop under Brendan Rodgers throughout the season as I think he could be a perfect fit for us. I just hope he gets the time to prove his worth because one season just isnt enough.

I am looking forward to seeing Joe Allen in action for us, and Borini should be full of confidence after scoring against Gomel. I just hope we sell Charlie Adam ASAP. He is turd!!! I would like to see us do a swap deal between Dempsey & Adam. I wouldnt disagree with Rodgers if we sold Andy Carroll for the benefit of all parties, but he scored a nice goal today against Leverkusen...although the goalkeeper should have done better. If we do decide to sell Daniel Agger to City, we have to be stubborn like other teams are with us. No way is he worth 27m, but stand firm and make sure they pay it. Or, 22m plus Adam Johnson.

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 19:32
Do you have any other CB's if Agger went? I can only think of Skrtel, Carragher and Coates. We have been linked to Adam but I think it's just a twitter rumour, to be fair I'd take him but if he came I could see it being as a replacement for Sess. Thing is Sess is a lot better than Adam.

B.W.G
12-08-2012, 19:35
I am,I've missed club football as I couldn't really get into the Olympic football or the Euros!!

I'm a Man City fan and to be fair I think we should be fine for this season,we did play some brilliant football today which is encouraging as we played a new formation.I also like the Rodwell signing,with Barry being 31 and De Jong's contract talks stalling,he should be able to help and will also contribute to the home grown quota.I don't honestly think City need much more other then a centre back for cover due to Kolo possibly going.I would love to see John Guidetti go out on loan to a Premier League side,he did well in the Netherlands last season but will be more interesting to see if he can cut in English top flight.

With Sunderland,if Fletcher is costing 15 million then I think that is a bit too much but due to what is available,you may have no choice although I would love to see some City players at Sunderland on loan mainly Razak and Guidetti as I do have a soft spot for Sunderland.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 19:38
Do you have any other CB's if Agger went? I can only think of Skrtel, Carragher and Coates. We have been linked to Adam but I think it's just a twitter rumour, to be fair I'd take him but if he came I could see it being as a replacement for Sess. Thing is Sess is a lot better than Adam.

Martin Kelly is primarly a centre back, but otherwise just what is in the reserves or youth team. There have been a few rumours going round that we will replace him with Diego Godin from Atletico Madrid. Carra is to old now, and to be fair, I dont think Skrtel likes playing with him to be honest.

If anyone bid in the region of 5m for Adam we should snap their hands off. He is a very average player who looked world class in an average Blackpool side. If he plays advanced he could be decent because he is good at shooting and playing through balls, but when he plays in the centre of midfield like he does for us he is shocking. He cant tackle for ****.

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 19:39
We are going to have no choice but to pay it, it doesn't help that clubs know we are desperate for a striker. I heard that Guidetti would have already signed for us on loan but he has some sort of virus that is stopping him from training. I can't see beyond City for the title this season.

I loved the Olympics watched lots of different sports and was hooked on a few. I thought overall the Euro's were poor to watch.

Martin Kelly is primarly a centre back, but otherwise just what is in the reserves or youth team. There have been a few rumours going round that we will replace him with Diego Godin from Atletico Madrid. Carra is to old now, and to be fair, I dont think Skrtel likes playing with him to be honest.

If anyone bid in the region of 5m for Adam we should snap their hands off. He is a very average player who looked world class in an average Blackpool side. If he plays advanced he could be decent because he is good at shooting and playing through balls, but when he plays in the centre of midfield like he does for us he is shocking. He cant tackle for ****.

I think he would be a good replacement for Sess if we had to lose him, it would mean he would play very advanced behind our striker if we ever sign one.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 19:40
With Sunderland,if Fletcher is costing 15 million then I think that is a bit too much but due to what is available,you may have no choice although I would love to see some City players at Sunderland on loan mainly Razak and Guidetti as I do have a soft spot for Sunderland.

I thought he was going to Sunderland anyway?

B.W.G
12-08-2012, 19:41
I've heard Swansea and Sunderland but there hasn't been any concrete offers yet.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 19:43
I think he would be a good replacement for Sess if we had to lose him, it would mean he would play very advanced behind our striker if we ever sign one.

It looks like Fletcher is the one MON has set his heart on so I would expect you to push through with the deal, even if it does cost you 12-15m. He isnt worth it in my eyes, but that seems to be the going rate for ok players these days. Although Gylfi joined Spurs for 9m which just flabergasts me. That is the bargain of the season.

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 19:43
I'm pretty sure his move anywhere is being delayed due to some sort of injury/virus thing.

Gylfi was pretty poor on loan at Crewe as a youngster.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 19:45
Gylfi was pretty poor on loan at Crewe as a youngster.

I just remember him being an average player until he somehow overnight became a world beater for Reading and then Hoffenheim signed him.

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 19:49
We loaned him from Reading during the disastrous season that we decided to put an ex-Stoke Icelandic manager in charge and have Gradi step down. He never did anything wrong but didn't really do too much right, like you said next thing I know he's playing great for Reading then off to Germany then back playing well for Swansea. Wonder if Van der Vaart is on his way now they have Sigurdsson.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 19:52
Although the rumours are there about Van der Vaart, he seems content to stay. From what I have gathered, Gylfi will be a replacement for Modric and play in the middle of the part whilst VdV will play off the front as usual. Spurs are in desperate need of strikers as well. If only Adebayor wasnt such a greedy ****.

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 19:54
They need strikers yet Defoe is constantly linked with a move away.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 20:05
Where do you think RVP will end up at?

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 20:08
Wouldn't surprise me if he stayed at Arsenal, heard that Juventus have cooled their interest, can't see City coming in for him. Will Man United be willing to pay the wage he will want?

SRL88
12-08-2012, 20:10
I dont think its to do with the wage he wants, just rather if Wenger will want to sell to Man Utd, or more specifically Fergie.

We all know that Rodgers is preparing a swap deal between him & Andy Caroll ;).

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 20:20
I dont think its to do with the wage he wants, just rather if Wenger will want to sell to Man Utd, or more specifically Fergie.

We all know that Rodgers is preparing a swap deal between him & Andy Caroll ;).

Haha, you want Heskey back really.

I think they would sell to Man United but I don't think Man United want to pay what it would take plus his 200,000 salary on top.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 20:23
Haha, you want Heskey back really.

Sinama-Pongolle :brock:.

I tell you, if Heskey played remotely close to the way he did at Leicester and when he first joined us he would be a solid signing for most. He just went completely off the boil and hasnt really picked up.

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 20:27
I agree he was a beast at Leicester, they should have tried to hypnotise him or something it was all in his head.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 20:31
I wonder for what reason he turned down Hull.

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 20:33
Not sure, I was worried as hell that Martin O'Neill was going to bring him here when I heard his contract had expired.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 20:35
Haha. Ive read a lot of rumours on the Internet, and some in the Northern Echo that you are chasing Stephen Warnock.

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 20:43
It was Warnock and James Collins at one point. We need a left back and it looks like we want Scott Dann for CB, can't believe we sold Turner and kept Bramble.

I know no one probably cares but Crewe have the brother of the ex-Man United Pogba. He is mad either messes up or bumbles his way through everyone somehow keeping the ball. I can see it being fun watching him this season, he'll score some great goals and miss some easy chances.

SnakeXe
12-08-2012, 20:45
Definitely looking forward to the new season!

Newcastle have done some tidy business so far, Bigirimana especially looks a great buy. I think we're a bit short of first-team cover though, especially as we have the Europa League to consider as well (really hope we take it seriously - I think we will). Guthrie was a big loss in that respect, but perhaps the management are expecting Abeid and/or Vuckic to take up the slack.

It looks like we'll get Vernon Anita in early next week (although after the Debuchy saga I won't believe it until I see him in the strip), which will hopefully be good as he's apparently quite versatile. We've also been linked with Van der Wiel, which would be excellent, and Loic Remy, although that one seems to be a non-starter at the moment.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 20:47
Scott Dann would be interesting. Solid player, but if he joined would be he relegated for the third season in a row ;).

Clumsy players :D. The best one which springs to my mind is Ali Dia :brock:.

AcidBurn
12-08-2012, 20:47
Don't remind me how well Newcastle have done, it depresses me!

I love them, they are amazing to watch. It's incredible how the ball can bounce off their ass and shin and yet they are still in control.

SRL88
12-08-2012, 20:48
Demba Ba definitely staying Snake? Cant see him leaving now as Newcastle will demand in excess of 20m for him.

SnakeXe
12-08-2012, 23:00
I'd be really surprised if he went now, and if he did we'd definitely ask 12-15m for him (he'd be 20m without the knee problems). To be honest I wasn't that worried about losing him providing he was replaced well - the way he sulked and got incredibly selfish in his play towards the end of last season and made his goal drought a bigger deal than potentially finishing in a Champions League qualification place was a little unedifying. To be fair to him though, he's always maintained he wanted to stay, so hopefully with his head right we'll see the best of both him and Cisse.

Deisler26
13-08-2012, 02:20
I'm very much looking forward to the season as an Arsenal fan.

I genuinely don't care if RVP goes or stays. I think he got ahead of himself after one good season and is slowly coming to terms with the fact that his past injury problems is putting a lot of people off.

Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud looked incredibly sharp in the recent pre-season match against FC Koln and I'm really looking forward to it all starting! I'd like to see Sahin come in on loan tbf.

Jason the Yank
13-08-2012, 02:37
Everyone looking forward to the new season?

Thinking I'm might have to sign up for the sports package on my cable system that gets Gol TV. Looks like Fox Soccer is going all-in on the Premiership and the Champions League. I liked it better in the "old" days (i.e. 5 to 10 years ago) when you'd have a variety of leagues on FSC. Would get some French, Dutch, Argentine action in addition to the EPL. None of that now.

Gol TV would give me the Bundesliga and Brazilian leagues, plus Colombia and the Mexican second division, and some Argentine league matches (though it looks like a steady diet of Boca Juniors). Downside is they lost La Liga and Serie A rights (which they'd sublicense to ESPN and FSC) to beIN Sports, and the Europa League to FSC. But it's "only" an extra $5 a month as part of a package of other channels (most of which I won't watch, with the possible exception of the Big 10 Network, which most of you wouldn't care about :D)

SnakeXe
13-08-2012, 09:42
I'm very much looking forward to the season as an Arsenal fan.

I genuinely don't care if RVP goes or stays. I think he got ahead of himself after one good season and is slowly coming to terms with the fact that his past injury problems is putting a lot of people off.

Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud looked incredibly sharp in the recent pre-season match against FC Koln and I'm really looking forward to it all starting! I'd like to see Sahin come in on loan tbf.
It's funny, when RVP looked like going, all the Gunners fans I know were desperate for him to stay, and now it looks like he might stay after all they aren't bothered! The two are, admittedly, linked - you can't criticise a club who has signed the Ligue Un top scorer, a 100-cap Germany legend still in his prime, and the best Spanish playmaker after Xavi and Iniesta for a lack of ambition. Cazorla is just a lovely player, and by all accounts a great bloke. I'm very jealous! :p

Sahin would be an excellent signing, with the hype having died down due to his injury problems last season people somewhat forget how absolutely brilliant he was for Dortmund the preceding season. I don't see that he's the replacement for Song (if Song goes to Barca) that some of the press are making out though, for me he's in the Wilshere/Arteta position for Arsenal. I think if Song goes you need someone like Lassana Diarra or (not) Tiote, a guy who is tidy enough in possession to keep up but without the positional indiscipline Song is guilty of sometimes. I know he gets assists from it, but I think it doesn't help your defence at all. With Cazorla and Sahin in the final third, you won't need to worry about creativity further forward!

I should emphasise again, not Tiote. Someone like him. But not him. He's ours. :)

SRL88
13-08-2012, 10:16
Keep your hands off Sahin, he is ours :D.

SnakeXe
13-08-2012, 13:05
I really hope Sahin doesn't go to Liverpool, I enjoy them being the pantomime villains, I don't want them to sign anyone I like! :p

SRL88
13-08-2012, 21:20
Nice read from Agger on the Sky Sports website. Basically saying he wants to stay but its out of his hands. I dont see the club wanting to sell him, but if City offer 27m, we would be mad to say no.

SnakeXe
14-08-2012, 07:09
Agger is an excellent player, but somewhat of a luxury for Liverpool at the moment. It's no use having 3 top-class centre-halves (and Jamie Carragher) when you only have one winger, assuming Bellamy is off.

Nottingham Forest
14-08-2012, 07:11
Bellamy has gone hasn't he? If he hasn't, the Cardiff City fans seem 99.9% certain he's going to them.

tomtuck01
14-08-2012, 07:27
He has gone. He has been given the number 39 shirt again.

SRL88
14-08-2012, 08:31
We sold him before we signed Joe Allen.

tomtuck01
14-08-2012, 10:30
Well you didn't technically sell him, but that's by the by.

SRL88
14-08-2012, 11:56
Well you didn't technically sell him, but that's by the by.

Yeah, lets avoid the logic :brock:.

mark wilson27
14-08-2012, 17:16
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone in this part of the forum would be interested in joining the fantasy football league I have running in the FM Stories side of the forum. It would be good to have a little bit of friendly inter forum rivalry.

If anyone is interested we have got to this Saturday at 11:30am to add your team
If you are interested PM me and if I get enough members willing to sign up I will set a thread up in this part of the forum

Cheers Mark Wilson27

SnakeXe
14-08-2012, 18:52
What do you reckon of the Joe Allen signing? I think 15m is incredibly steep, could well be the new Jordan Henderson.

SRL88
14-08-2012, 19:03
What do you reckon of the Joe Allen signing? I think 15m is incredibly steep, could well be the new Jordan Henderson.

Steep yes, but Im not surprised we paid it. That seems to be the going rate for British players now. Its one of those things, as with the Henderson deal that we look at now and think we paid over the odds, but I firmly believe that both will be looked at in 5-6 years time as quality buys. Allen is already a cracking player, but he can improve, and you forget that Henderson is only 21-22.

Allen I think is ready to hit the ground running now, but Henderson still needs a couple more years to improve in my eyes.

AcidBurn
14-08-2012, 19:16
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2431/strangersc.jpg

Thought this was a little strange. On my save I left Crewe and went to Real Madrid for a season and had half a season at Independiente. I realised I shouldn't have ever left Crewe so I loaded up my save from before I joined Real Madrid and rejected the offer and have been at Crewe for ages now. However my Crewe managers hall of fame still includes the stuff not won in the current save, I thought it would reset it to the point I was at when I reloaded the save from before I left Crewe. Is this because the Hall of Fame isn't save specific?

dafuge
14-08-2012, 19:17
Yes, the hall of fame is independent from the save game, it records everything.

deltablue
14-08-2012, 19:24
I had noticed that in previous versions.

AcidBurn
14-08-2012, 19:26
Thought so, I saw my manager on my missus hall of fame on her save but for some reason I expected my Real Madrid and Independiente achievements to be taken off.

EoinS
14-08-2012, 19:34
Steep yes, but Im not surprised we paid it. That seems to be the going rate for British players now. Its one of those things, as with the Henderson deal that we look at now and think we paid over the odds, but I firmly believe that both will be looked at in 5-6 years time as quality buys. Allen is already a cracking player, but he can improve, and you forget that Henderson is only 21-22.

Allen I think is ready to hit the ground running now, but Henderson still needs a couple more years to improve in my eyes.

Tbh I think Allen is more gifted than Henderson. Henderson looked decent at Sunderland but Allen was brilliant for the Swans. We'll see though.

SRL88
14-08-2012, 19:59
I am in the HOF twice from my time at Hoffenheim and my current save.

Tbh I think Allen is more gifted than Henderson. Henderson looked decent at Sunderland but Allen was brilliant for the Swans. We'll see though.

No denying that, but they are different type of players.

AcidBurn
14-08-2012, 20:06
Twitter is very random now Paulie Malignaggi(the boxer) is arguing with Leon Knight, strange very strange.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 09:26
I'm massively unconvinced by Henderson. I don't think he's any better than Danny Guthrie. To me he's one of those players where the hype has far exceeded his actual ability. I remember the 5-1 at St. James' Park the season before last and he was absolutely anonymous - and we still had Kevin Nolan in midfield in those days, it's like playing with a midfield poacher, doesn't do anything except score.

Still, if the Mackems think Steven Fletcher is worth 14m I suppose 20m was about right!

I think Allen for 15m is a better deal than Henderson, but still not a good deal. If funds are as limited as Brendan Rodgers is saying, then it's incredibly shortsighted to pay that sort of money just because they're British. Not to mention the fact that prices are so unrealistically high simply because people (Liverpool, mainly, it has to be said!) will pay it.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 09:28
Twitter is very random now Paulie Malignaggi(the boxer) is arguing with Leon Knight, strange very strange.
Leon Knight is a prolific wind-up merchant on Twitter, he probably said something to him. He was having a massive pop at Jamie O'Hara a couple of weeks back, basically laughing about what a bike his wife (Danielle Lloyd) was back in the day.

Not sure why Leon Knight feels qualified to laugh at anyone, having been released from Glentoran.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 11:14
I'm massively unconvinced by Henderson. I don't think he's any better than Danny Guthrie. To me he's one of those players where the hype has far exceeded his actual ability. I remember the 5-1 at St. James' Park the season before last and he was absolutely anonymous - and we still had Kevin Nolan in midfield in those days, it's like playing with a midfield poacher, doesn't do anything except score.

Still, if the Mackems think Steven Fletcher is worth 14m I suppose 20m was about right!

I think Allen for 15m is a better deal than Henderson, but still not a good deal. If funds are as limited as Brendan Rodgers is saying, then it's incredibly shortsighted to pay that sort of money just because they're British. Not to mention the fact that prices are so unrealistically high simply because people (Liverpool, mainly, it has to be said!) will pay it.

I cant say that Henderson had a brilliant debut season for us because that would be wide of the mark, but I think some of the criticism that was thrown his way was unwarrented. Quite often he was stuck out on the right hand side when he is cleary a central midfielder. I would say that towards the end of the season when he was playing more central he performed much better, and I think he will be even better this season with Lucas returning, Allen there & Gerrard hopefully staying fit. Lets face it, Dalglish's tactics werent the greatest and having to play alongside Adam & Spearing doesnt exactly set you off for success now does it?!?!

If Wolves have rejected 13m for Fletcher as quoted then Sunderland will be bonkers to go any higher. 13m is mad money for him in the first place but any higher would result in insanity.

I dont think funds are lacking. If he wanted someone I am sure the owners would back him, but he is just being sensible. You have to think that we have shifted the massive wages of Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy & Aquilani on this summer and the former three are all in the twilight years of their career. I fully expect us to sign a few more players before the end of the window on sensible wages.

Sahin on loan, talks of Tello & also a swap deal between Adam & Dempsey would leave me happy.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 12:03
Fletcher is a 7m player at best, I think going as high as they are already just shows a complete lack of imagination. Surely you just move on to your next target if you're being quoted a stupid price?

Speaking of Aquilani, why hasn't he ever been given a chance at Liverpool? Seems like he was written off completely by the club based on very little. I'd have thought he'd fit right in with Rodgers' philosophy.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 13:52
Speaking of Aquilani, why hasn't he ever been given a chance at Liverpool? Seems like he was written off completely by the club based on very little. I'd have thought he'd fit right in with Rodgers' philosophy.

When Benitez signed him he was obviously injured and unfit, therefore found it hard to settle into life at Anfield. The following season he was sent out on loan because he wasnt settled and Hodgson wanted him to play regular football for match fitness. Had a cracking season at Juve and then came back to us, played through pre-season but Aquilani stated that he wanted to go back to Italy which is why he went to Milan. He came back this season and I cant put a clear reason as to why he was sold, but I believe it is because he is sitting on a pretty hefty wage (80k or so) and that was just to much for a plyer who wouldnt be playing all the time so Rodgers decided to cash in on him whilst he still had a value and get him off the wage bill.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 16:25
Around the time I think I remember reading the majority of his fee was tied up in performance related bonuses, so perhaps the board decided to get rid rather than pay any of those. I just don't see the logic in moving on both Meireles and Aquilani for Henderson and Allen at a massive loss in terms of transfer fee. Are you happier as a fan with the two latter players and a circa 25m net spend over retaining the former two? I know I'd be more concerned at facing Lucas/Aquilani/Meireles than Lucas/Henderson/Allen.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 16:45
Meireles only left because he handed a transfer request in on the last few days of the transfer window or else he would have stayed. I would have liked to have seen Aquilani given a chance again, but I would rather us sell him than continue to loan him to sides who just want a short term fix than a lend of our players to have no interest in signing them at the end of the loan deal.

Lucas is a machine. Anyone should be worried about facing him :brock:. Him getting injured is one of the main reasons that our season went tits up last year. I just want rid of Charlie Adam, desperately.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 17:14
Didn't Meireles hand in a transfer request because he was refused the 100% wage increase after one year promised when he was signed? Could be complete rubbish, but then he was signed under Hicks and Gillett!

I think Lucas may be one of those cases where a player's stature increases unrealistically in absentia. He's solid, and better at breaking up the play than anyone else you have, but I'd be worried - especially after a long injury layoff - that he might not be the answer to all your woes. Especially as even with all of the central midfield signings you've made (including Sahin, if he signs), not one of them is capable of deputising for Lucas.

Adam made sense under the gameplan Dalglish seemed to be going for - i.e. lots of quality balls into the box for Andy Carroll to attack and Luis Suarez to feed off - but doesn't make any sense under Rodgers. Unfortunately you'll be lucky to get half what you paid back for him.

Nottingham Forest
15-08-2012, 17:20
Fletcher isn't just a 7m player at best. He moved for that roughly last summer. So, Wolves have every right to try and get as much as they want. Wolves will end up making a lot of money imo from selling players who are in theory, too good for the Championship/not willing to the stay. Matt Jarvis being another example.

I can see Rodgers giving Adam a chance. He's used to spraying balls around ala Scholes. Likewise for Spearing. Most/if not all teams need players who can do this and not just pass the ball forward/sideways/back a little. If Adam and Spearing don't play much. I can see Adam going to United as a replacement, all be it not as good for Scholes. For about 3m or something. Spearing would probably go to someone like Fulham maybe, as a replacement for Murphy if Liverpool still want Dempsey.

tomtuck01
15-08-2012, 17:27
I can see Rodgers giving Adam a chance. He's used to spraying balls around ala Scholes.
I'm sorry, but that is just wrong in any and every sense. Even mentioning them together like this is just all sorts of abnormal.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 17:29
If the Meireles thing was agreed under Hicks & Gillett it was bollocks. The most untrustworthy men that have ever existed in my eyes!!!

Lucas is just unreal. There is no denying that. He struggled at first because he came from Brazil as an AM and Benitez wanted him to be a DM, but he has turned into one of the best around at what he does.

When under Dalglish did we play balls into the box? I think I missed that one. We havent played to the strengths of Carroll since the second he has joined. It will be worse now under Rodgers, which is by no means a dig at him because he has his philosophies.

Nottingham Forest
15-08-2012, 17:30
No it's not. It's one of the reasons why Fergie was supposedly interested in Adam before he went to Liverpool. Adam sprayed the ball around for Blackpool. As does Scholes for United. Although Scholes is better at and has more to his game. Probably should have said that as well.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 17:31
Fletcher isn't just a 7m player at best.
I can see Rodgers giving Adam a chance. He's used to spraying balls around ala Scholes. Likewise for Spearing.

Fletcher moved to Wolves 2 seasons ago and jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus NF!!!! Comparing either Adam or Spearing to Scholes means that you should hang your head in shame.

Nottingham Forest
15-08-2012, 17:32
Was it really 2 seasons ago? Damn, time flies. I shouldn't though. They're not as good as Scholes but they are in the same category imo.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 17:33
Spearing is a pile of *****. He doesnt even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Scholes :lol:.

Nottingham Forest
15-08-2012, 17:34
I've always thought Liverpool fans rated Spearing? Obviously not then.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 17:43
I've always thought Liverpool fans rated Spearing? Obviously not then.

We appreciate the fact that he is a scouser who gives his all for the club, but he isnt talented enough to command a position for a side who want to be back in the Champions League.

Nottingham Forest
15-08-2012, 17:45
Well, if Rodgers wants to get on the phone to O'Driscoll and doesn't want a massive fee for him. I'd happily take him at Forest.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 17:48
About 2m would do it I think :thup:.

acidmonkey
15-08-2012, 17:50
Wolves can sell flethcer to us for any price they can get.

- Fletcher is one of only a dozen players to have scored 30 Premier League goals in the past three seasons and one of only three to have done so at a club that has not played in the UEFA Champions League during that period

- If Jay Rodriguez is a 7m striker Fletcher is easily a 14m player....

I think they know we desperatly need a striker so know we cant walk away, but with the imminent signing of Saha i expect that to help us in this deal.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 17:52
Didnt know the Saha deal was happening acidmonkey?

Nottingham Forest
15-08-2012, 17:54
Maybe if we get to the Prem then haha. I have to admit. I have been pleased with the signings we've made so far. 7 in total and there could be a few more as well. Although we weren't very good against WBA on Friday night. Although Bader Al-Mutawa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bader_Al-Mutawa) played well when he came on as a sub.

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 17:55
I think the price of Fletcher is so high because people know how desperate we need a good striker. We are overpaying for him that's obvious I would be happy at 10 million maybe even 12 million but I think it's a good sign that the chairman is willing to back the signing if it happens. I think Fletcher would score 15-20 goals for us and if he did then he would be worth the money.

Saha is a decent signing for us because we need more than one striker, I don't think Frazier Campbell is good enough, Wickham is nowhere near ready and I'm not sure he ever will be and Ji doesn't get much playing time for some reason.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 17:57
Kevin Mirallas to Everton in a 6m deal and you are paying 14m plus for Fletcher. Missed out there I reckon.

acidmonkey
15-08-2012, 17:59
I think Campbell will leave by next summer, Wickham shows signs of promise, and Ji just needs a run in the team he showed at the olympics he cant be a good/quality striker, im just wondering if we signed him to increase our Fledgling brand abroad..... if Saha signs AND fletcher ill be with out attacking line with Larsson and McLean whipping balls in for Fletcher i can see him getting 20 easy (that may come and bite me in the ass...)

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 18:00
Kevin Mirallas to Everton in a 6m deal and you are paying 14m plus for Fletcher. Missed out there I reckon.

I don't mind us overpaying because we got Sessegnon for a very good price, the way I justify it is 20 million for a Sess and Fletcher strike partnership isn't bad and when you consider Larsson was free and McClean cost pennies that's not bad for a front four.

I don't think Wickham showed anything, to be honest I think he has been a complete waste of money.

acidmonkey
15-08-2012, 18:00
While hes a good player we are crying out for a Proven premiership striker we dont have the depth upfront if we sign an unproven striker and he cant cope with the league

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 18:02
I'm shocked at how highly you guys rate Fletcher to be honest. He's bang average IMHO, only slightly better than Leon Best. If he scores 15-20 goals for the Mackems then he'll be worth the 14-15m it looks like they'll have to pay for him, but I just don't see that happening. Surely the scouting network must have other targets for a more reasonable fee?

As for the Adam/Scholes comparison - I'm with SRL88 on this, it's comparing aardvarks with lemons. Ferguson said in passing 2 years ago he's worth 15m for his set-pieces alone, but it'll be a cold day in hell when he signs for Man Utd. He's like Hugo Viana, great vision and technique but about 5 yards too slow to make use of it.

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 18:05
I'm shocked at how highly you guys rate Fletcher to be honest. He's bang average IMHO, only slightly better than Leon Best. If he scores 15-20 goals for the Mackems then he'll be worth the 14-15m it looks like they'll have to pay for him, but I just don't see that happening. Surely the scouting network must have other targets for a more reasonable fee?

As for the Adam/Scholes comparison - I'm with SRL88 on this, it's comparing aardvarks with lemons. Ferguson said in passing 2 years ago he's worth 15m for his set-pieces alone, but it'll be a cold day in hell when he signs for Man Utd. He's like Hugo Viana, great vision and technique but about 5 yards too slow to make use of it.

He scored 12 goals for a terrible Wolves team so surely 15-20 isn't too far away. I am not saying he will be as good as Bent but people said we overpaid for him when we bought him. As for the scouting I don't think any of that is O'Neill's strong point when looking back at his Villa transfers there are some real shockers in there. Where do you expect your lot to finish?

I totally agree with the bold part comparing them is extremely stupid.

acidmonkey
15-08-2012, 18:07

Average? Its the same Fletcher who got 12 League goals last season, in a Wolves side who struggled to create chances....

SRL88
15-08-2012, 18:09
I think Steven Fletcher is a better than Leon Best mind Snake. Best overachieved at Newcastle in my eyes where as Fletcher is a pretty solid player. 15m player, maybe not, but still a solid player.

acidmonkey
15-08-2012, 18:11
I think Steven Fletcher is a better than Leon Best mind Snake. Best overachieved at Newcastle in my eyes where as Fletcher is a pretty solid player. 15m player, maybe not, but still a solid player.

Agreed hes never a 15m player but hes the price that we are prepared to play, and wolves are willing to let him go for, last season we didnt have anyone hit double figures i think our highest scorer got 8 so we need a double figure striker..

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 18:13
If Liverpool get Sahin I'd take Adam at Sunderland.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 18:19
If Liverpool get Sahin I'd take Adam at Sunderland.

Apparently the Sahin deal is close to being finalised. Its on loan for a season, but its supposed to be close!!! I will drive down to Liverpool, pick Adam up and drop him off at the SOL if you sign him :thup:.

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 18:23
Apparently the Sahin deal is close to being finalised. Its on loan for a season, but its supposed to be close!!! I will drive down to Liverpool, pick Adam up and drop him off at the SOL if you sign him :thup:.

Can you take Gardner with you and just drop him off anywhere?

Nottingham Forest
15-08-2012, 18:25
I see no one is bothered about Forest :( :D.

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 18:27

Haha, no one is interested in the awesomeness of Crewe Alex either.

acidmonkey
15-08-2012, 18:28
Can you take Gardner with you and just drop him off anywhere?

We need him to cover for right back and if he gets his head in the right place will score plenty from midfield

Forest?.......

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 18:30
We need him to cover for right back and if he gets his head in the right place will score plenty from midfield

All he offers is a long shot, he takes 14 minutes to turn around and last season I lost count of the amount of times he kept hold of the ball slowed down and got tackled because he has the reaction time of a corpse.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 18:30
We care about the influx of youngsters they have and sell on ;).

SRL88
15-08-2012, 18:33
Robin Van Persie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 18:33
Looks like Van Persie will be a Man United player soon according to lots of tweets, I was hoping he'd come to Crewe as a replacement for Nick Powell, oh well.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 18:35
Sky Sports News have it as their broken news. Tom Lewis is gutted :p.

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 18:37
Sky Sports News have it as their broken news. Tom Lewis is gutted :p.

I think he is too injury prone for the huge wage he will be on.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 18:38
20m for a player with a year on his contract and then 120k+ per week wage.

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 18:39
Surely his wage will be close to Rooney's?

SRL88
15-08-2012, 18:42
Which is why I used the plus symbol :D.

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 18:43
Oh yeah so you did, need to clean my glasses.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 18:53
Average? Its the same Fletcher who got 12 League goals last season, in a Wolves side who struggled to create chances....
I don't think it automatically follows that if you play in a better team you'll score more goals. I think he'd get around the same at Sunderland to be honest. Cameron Jerome got the same number for Birmingham (and is about the same ability IMO) but can't get a game for Stoke now.

Yeah he's a better all round player than Best, but I'm pretty sure Best would have made the double figures had he played the whole season up front for us. Yet you'd rightly laugh at paying anything more than what Blackburn did for him (3m). Considering what other much better players have gone for over the last couple of seasons (Crouch, Cisse, even Gyan), 15m for Fletcher is a massive, horrible waste. Surely even bringing Mr. Pink Boots Bendtner back would be cheaper and far more preferable?

Anyway, I guess we'll see what happens if he does end up signing!

He scored 12 goals for a terrible Wolves team so surely 15-20 isn't too far away. I am not saying he will be as good as Bent but people said we overpaid for him when we bought him. As for the scouting I don't think any of that is O'Neill's strong point when looking back at his Villa transfers there are some real shockers in there. Where do you expect your lot to finish?

I totally agree with the bold part comparing them is extremely stupid.
Very true regarding the scouting - considering he doesn't seem to throw many curveballs in terms of transfers in from other leagues as well it's a very poor record.

As for us, I'd be delighted with anything from 8th up, and content with anything in the top half. We have a team who can beat most others on our day, but the squad depth is very thin, and with the Europa League on our plate again it'll be difficult. We're massively reliant on Cabaye and Tiote plus at least one of the Dembas staying fit, which worries me. Hopefully a solid league season with a good cup run or two and plenty of game-time for the likes of Sammeobi, Abeid, Vuckic, Tavernier and Bigirimana.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 18:55
Anyway forget Fletcher and Van Persie, I've just read that Zdenek Zeman is back managing Roma! Fantastic news, one of my favourite managers, a great character and a real bastion of sporting integrity :thup:

acidmonkey
15-08-2012, 19:07
I say we push our luck and offer 15m for Dzeko and see if we can get him

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 19:18
Wages would be too much wouldn't they? Dzeko is quality, Man City have managed him very poorly.

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 19:23
Don't think he is on anywhere near what their main players are on. Do you think it'd be under 100k a week?

acidmonkey
15-08-2012, 19:25
Don't think he is on anywhere near what their main players are on. Do you think it'd be under 100k a week?

Id like to think so, and Dzeko seemed in germany like the kind of player who would prefer to play than sit on the bench.

acidmonkey
15-08-2012, 19:40
Id also like to see us try and get Rhodes

AcidBurn
15-08-2012, 19:43
Rhodes is still in the Crewe CB's back pocket from the friendly the other week, he was awful in that game.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 19:49
RVP is 29 as well. Arsenal are getting themselves a canny deal here.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 20:20
RVP is 29 as well. Arsenal are getting themselves a canny deal here.
Very good indeed! Do you think they'll sign another forward or will they be happy enough with Giroud? I can see them going for another, don't know who though.

I think Dzeko will be on 150k per week at least. He was a 30m signing don't forget.

Edit: Found a story saying 75k a week after tax would be a pay cut for him (in relation to a story linking him to Juve), so he's on more than 125k a week.

snootyjim
15-08-2012, 20:22
I don't know about that. It's a lot of money, but if they miss out on the Champions League as a result it could cost them a lot more.

Ultimately though, I think it'll be good business for both sides. United have got a player who might get them 1st place in the league and further in the CL, and can afford to write off the money a la Berbatov if it doesn't pan out, and Arsenal have got some cash for a player who would be leaving for nothing next year and probably would have little interest in playing this year.

Still can't believe it actually happened though, thought it would endlessly drag on like the Modric and Sneijder stories and amount to sod all.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 20:22
I think they will go for someone but not sure who. It might be more a last minute thing like the Arteta, Santos etc deal last season. Time will tell though.

With the amount of strikers at Old Trafford now I think Spurs should put a cheeky loan bid in for Javier Hernandez.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 20:25
I was the same jim, thought it'd go on and on and he'd eventually end up leaving for nothing next year.

I think Hernandez could well be not as good as everyone thought. His first season in England was brilliant, everything he touched went in. Looks more like it was just a hot streak now.

How do you think Van Persie and Rooney will be used together? Can't see Ferguson going flat 4-4-2 against big teams - he learned from his mistake in the Champions League final against Barcelona. Perhaps Rooney dropping back to the number 10 role? Or wide? Van Persie can play wide as well. I don't think he enjoys it though.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 20:31
I thought it would have taken longer than it has but much to my surprise, here we are. I thought Hernandez was fantastic first season and asked mid-way through last season to a few United fans why Welbeck played more than him and the response I got was that apart from his finishing, Hernandez wasnt that good of a player pretty much. I personally see Fergie playing RVP up top with Rooney in the hole behind him and in the so called easier games they might go with RVP & Welbeck up top with Rooney in behind.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 20:37
Could go back to a similar system as they did with Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez all able to play across the front 3. Be interesting to see how Rooney reacts to not being top dog any more.

How does Kagawa fit into the picture now? And Nani/Young/Valencia? Could cause a few problems.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 20:38
He has welcomed the deal apparently. Said a few days ago that he hopes it goes through.

I wonder what shirt number RVP will be given? Number 9 if Berba leaves maybe!!

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 20:41
Of course he'll say that. We'll see what he really thinks when he's in a lean spell, Van Persie's banging them in, and he gets shifted wide.

DBurns
15-08-2012, 20:47
Surely United can't drop Valencia after his performances last year?

Rooney could be the answer to United's search for a replacement for Scholes now that they have RVP?

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 20:51
The more I think about it, the more problems it creates! Kagawa is not a midfielder, he's a 10 or an inside right/left. Valencia is really bad anywhere except right wing so he won't fit into a fluid front 3. Likewise Hernandez will have no chance of getting into the team in that system. And still the midfield creaks on Scholes' ancient knees.

Interesting idea dropping Rooney deeper permanently. Whether he'd be happy with that I don't know.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 20:52
Excellent performance by England this evening by the way. Kept the ball very well, had some great movement between the lines, and even played some snappy one-touch stuff!

SRL88
15-08-2012, 20:55
Yup, cracking win. Now bring on FIFA's flawed rankings with us rising again :thup:.

DBurns
15-08-2012, 21:04
Rooney---Carrick

Nani----------------Young

RVP--Welbeck

Fluid front four, bags of creativity and goalscoring ability with Kagawa, Valencia and Hernandez on the bench.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 21:06
I cant see Nani starting over Valencia to be honest.

SnakeXe
15-08-2012, 21:18
Nani has the versatility Valencia lacks, but he's not as good consistently. I don't think they've signed Kagawa to sit on the bench. If they have it's a tragic waste, he's excellent.

SRL88
15-08-2012, 21:28
Oh well, Fergie's headache, not mine :D.

DBurns
15-08-2012, 21:58
I cant see Nani starting over Valencia to be honest.

Maybe so but as SnakeXe says, Nani is much more versatile.

Oh well, Fergie's headache, not mine :D.

Very true. More importantly, Brendan Rodgers will have a headache should we sign Sahin!

SRL88
15-08-2012, 21:59
I am sure I could live with any headache is Sahin signs :cool:.

Jason the Yank
16-08-2012, 08:24
Uno a cero! \o/

acidmonkey
16-08-2012, 08:31
Well Saha just posted on his Twitter account saying hes on his way to Sunderland to discuss terms

SRL88
16-08-2012, 09:16
Yeah, Sky Sports News mentioned it earlier. Good free transfer.

Nottingham Forest
16-08-2012, 09:18
It will be if his wages aren't massive and they can get him to get a decent scoring record going. Talking of transfers and free agents. I can see alot of players who were released in the summer struggling to find clubs. The market at the moment is saturated. So hopefully, with that being the case, wages will start to decrease for the lower league clubs when players start to find that clubs are looking at 5 more players than they usually would as they have the choice.

acidmonkey
16-08-2012, 13:31
Saha signs for 1 year which does me because if hes injured all the time we dont have to keep him but if he proves a hit im sure we can triggre a second year, even if hes on the 40k a week some people are saying he will only cost what about 2m for the year which is not much for someone who should score goals

AcidBurn
16-08-2012, 14:33
I'm happy with the Saha transfer but we still need another striker as well as a winger and a LB.

SnakeXe
16-08-2012, 14:34
My prediction: he'll look great for 3 games then get injured.

acidmonkey
16-08-2012, 14:36
My prediction: he'll look great for 3 games then get injured.

In the past 4 seasons hes played more games than RVP......

AcidBurn
16-08-2012, 14:36
Cleon mentioned something in another thread, over the past 3 seasons Saha has played 83 EPL games which is 4 more than RVP. I always find it amusing how people can make statistics fit whatever they want.

SnakeXe
16-08-2012, 14:51
So one injury prone player is even more of a crock than another? Blow me down with a feather! You'll be telling me how many more games he's played than Owen Hargreaves next.

AcidBurn
16-08-2012, 15:21
Anyone with any sense knows they are not comparable to Hargreaves, I just found it a strange fact that's all especially because Man United got rid of Saha due to injuries and have now signed RVP.

AcidBurn
16-08-2012, 15:42
I apologise for the double post just wondering if anyone watches breaking bad, true blood or dexter?

SnakeXe
16-08-2012, 15:47
I know, I was being facetious :p

I think it is a bit of a gamble for Man Utd, he is incredibly injury prone - I think last season was the only full injury-free season he's managed in his entire career. If their finances are as limited as is speculated then it's a huge gamble because they're relying on him to make up the shortfall in quality in the rest of their team (central midfield and left-back).

AcidBurn
16-08-2012, 15:54
I know, I was being facetious :p

I think it is a bit of a gamble for Man Utd, he is incredibly injury prone - I think last season was the only full injury-free season he's managed in his entire career. If their finances are as limited as is speculated then it's a huge gamble because they're relying on him to make up the shortfall in quality in the rest of their team (central midfield and left-back).

I heard Modric could go to Real Madrid for 23.8 million not sure how accurate that is but if that is his price tag surely Man United should go for him.

SRL88
16-08-2012, 17:30
Bit of a knock down price when Spurs were said to be holding out for 35m.

SnakeXe
16-08-2012, 18:27
I think the price tag for Man Utd would be different to the price tag for Real Madrid.

Still, I'd be surprised if they let him go for that little given Levy's reputation as a hard-nosed negotiator.

SRL88
16-08-2012, 18:37
Reported 3m fee agreed between us & Heerenveen for Oussama Assaidi :brock:.

tomtuck01
16-08-2012, 20:39
How do you think Van Persie and Rooney will be used together? Can't see Ferguson going flat 4-4-2 against big teams - he learned from his mistake in the Champions League final against Barcelona. Perhaps Rooney dropping back to the number 10 role? Or wide? Van Persie can play wide as well. I don't think he enjoys it though.
Ferguson has never played 4-4-2.

SRL88
16-08-2012, 21:02
Not exactly going to be the starting 11, but something like this do you think Tom? (formation wise):

De Gea
Smalling - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra
Carrick - Cleverley
Valencia - Rooney - Young
Van Persie

SnakeXe
16-08-2012, 21:03
He has, no matter what he might say. If you're pedantic enough to restrict the definition of 4-4-2 to mean 4 defenders in a line, 4 midfielders in a line, and 2 strikers in a line, not one single team has ever, ever played 4-4-2.

tomtuck01
16-08-2012, 21:06
Not exactly going to be the starting 11, but something like this do you think Tom? (formation wise):

De Gea
Smalling - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra
Carrick - Cleverley
Valencia - Rooney - Young
Van Persie
Kagawa? Nani?

He has, no matter what he might say. If you're pedantic enough to restrict the definition of 4-4-2 to mean 4 defenders in a line, 4 midfielders in a line, and 2 strikers in a line, not one single team has ever, ever played 4-4-2.
It's not me been pedantic. It's from the horses mouth.

SnakeXe
16-08-2012, 21:07
I wasn't saying you were being pedantic, I was saying he was being pedantic. One of his strong suits :p

SRL88
16-08-2012, 21:08
Kagawa? Nani?

As I said, not the starting 11 :D. Where do you think Kagawa will play? Then there is also the headache of fitting Welbeck in.

tomtuck01
16-08-2012, 21:22
As I said, not the starting 11 :D. Where do you think Kagawa will play? Then there is also the headache of fitting Welbeck in.
And the rest. It'll be excitingi, that's for sure. Personally I'd want something like this;

De Gea
Valencia - Vidic - Evans - Evra
Carrick - Cleverley
Nani - Kagawa - Rooney
van Persie

I anticipate lots of movement between our front players, which could be great to watch. Add to that loads of rotation with Scholes, Anderson, Young, Hernandez, Welbeck, etc, etc.

Just crazy times ahead.

SRL88
16-08-2012, 21:24
I didnt even think of Valencia playing right back which I know he has done a few times. Evans but no Rio???? Do you not think Hernandez will leave? Even if only on loan!!!

SnakeXe
16-08-2012, 21:28
What's your opinion on Evra, tom? As a neutral I have to say he looks pretty close to done.

tomtuck01
16-08-2012, 21:32
I didnt even think of Valencia playing right back which I know he has done a few times. Evans but no Rio???? Do you not think Hernandez will leave? Even if only on loan!!!
Why let Hernandez go? We've got four very good strikers who all offer something different. I wouldn't want any of them to leave, even on loan.

Rio is still useful but not what he was. In situations where we have to defend that bit deeper he will still excellent to have in the side. Overall Evans was probably our best player last season to be honet. Of course got to see how a partnership between him and Vidic goes.

Valencia has played there a few times in preseason and indeed previously competitive games. We seem to have working on a Barcelona type system in preseason where the fullbacks bomb on and a CM drops inbetween the CB's to form a back three. In our case that's be Carrick. If we were going to persist with that, then playing Valencia at RB would be a viable option.

tomtuck01
16-08-2012, 21:36
What's your opinion on Evra, tom? As a neutral I have to say he looks pretty close to done.
I genuinely think he is just knackered. He's hardly missed a game for the last five seaosons, and as much as I mean physically knackered, I'd say mentally knackered aswell. His emotional state wouldn't have been helped over the last couple of years either with the issues at the 2010 World Cup and all the stuff that went on last season.

And before anyone starts, I'm not getting involved with Liverpool fans or anyone else in a discussion about the racism incident.

SnakeXe
16-08-2012, 21:40
With that in mind I guess you would have been surprised to see Fabio go out on loan and noone else come in (as yet) at left back?

I suppose it looked pretty cut and dried that Baines would be joining earlier in the summer, but it kind of petered out, and now the Rodwell deal has happened Everton won't need to sell again. Heard of any more targets?

tomtuck01
16-08-2012, 22:08
Never even heard a reliable snippet about Baines apart from the usual nonsens in the papers.

Fabio's an odd one. He's had so many injuries since he came over from Brazil that he has never really been able to have a proper run of games. The only time he did was towards the end of the 2010/11 season - and that was at rightback!

AcidBurn
18-08-2012, 10:21
Probably been discussed before but what are people aims for FM13?

I hope to achieve my goal of winning all continents Champions League without getting distracted into managing Crewe. Hoping for a long career thread like I had on FM11 and FM10 but not quite achieved on FM12 because of a crashed save game. Wouldn't mind creating an obscure league and a World Champions League and trying to make a team from Mongolia the biggest in the world but that might take some time.

Anyone off to watch any football matches over the weekend? I'm off to see Crewe and Notts County, where hopefully future England superstar Max Clayton will get a couple of goals as well as the crazy Pogba.

tomtuck01
18-08-2012, 10:30
Anyone off to watch any football matches over the weekend?
Well you, and anyone else from the GPTG Off Topic Thread will know my answer to that question.

Frigging trip to Merseyside on a Monday night. :thdn:

AcidBurn
18-08-2012, 10:48
Do you ever go to reserve team games?

tomtuck01
18-08-2012, 10:50
No. I go to just about every first team game so going to reserve games aswell would be a bit much!

AcidBurn
18-08-2012, 10:55
Didn't think you did as you say it would be way too much. Want to try and keep tabs on Nick Powell this season and see how he gets on, very curious.

SRL88
18-08-2012, 11:00
Frigging trip to Merseyside on a Monday night. :thdn:

Massive difference between there and Manchester I must say :rolleyes:. Everton's ground sucks though, especially the away end with all the lovely pillars blocking your view :brock:.

tomtuck01
18-08-2012, 11:10
Massive difference between there and Manchester I must say :rolleyes:.
You are irrelevant to this as you are not a native.

SRL88
18-08-2012, 12:36
You are irrelevant to this as you are not a native.

Would you want to be?!?!

tomtuck01
18-08-2012, 12:38
Would you want to be?!?!
Not remotely. I hate the accent and having being to place a lot of times, I think it's pretty hideous.

SRL88
18-08-2012, 12:40
Not remotely. I hate the accent and having being to place a lot of times, I think it's pretty hideous.

Despite being a fan, I cant say I argue with you to much. I have been there more than enough times to be able to judge, as I can with 80% of the country.

SnakeXe
18-08-2012, 13:44
I think I'll probably RP as an Eastern European or South American manager, journeyman it up again but in different countries than on FM12.

SRL88
18-08-2012, 13:48

I will be doing a journeyman save again. I will start as soon as the full FM13 version comes out so I will have longer to play it than my current one which I started in December I think.

deltablue
18-08-2012, 14:06

Promotion and Survival will be regular features as I'll only be taking over lower league clubs, hopefully pushing on to a title or two and maybe the CL as usual. While I'd probably struggle on one-club saves I'll probably try and stick out the first club for as long as I can.

rancer890
18-08-2012, 18:16

Unemployed. Load the majority of the leagues, and see what happens. :)

Although if there's a Belarussian edit that goes down to Tier 4, I would like to manage a certain team there to start off my career game instead of starting unemployed.

AcidBurn
18-08-2012, 18:26
I think I'll probably RP as an Eastern European or South American manager, journeyman it up again but in different countries than on FM12.

Would be very interesting, I wish I played in more countries I have never managed in.

I will be doing a journeyman save again. I will start as soon as the full FM13 version comes out so I will have longer to play it than my current one which I started in December I think.

It will take some beating to do a more interesting thread than your this times round, definitely going for monthly updates on my FM13 one.

Promotion and Survival will be regular features as I'll only be taking over lower league clubs, hopefully pushing on to a title or two and maybe the CL as usual. While I'd probably struggle on one-club saves I'll probably try and stick out the first club for as long as I can.

Once at the top will you only move to lower league clubs?

Unemployed. Load the majority of the leagues, and see what happens. :)

Although if there's a Belarussian edit that goes down to Tier 4, I would like to manage a certain team there to start off my career game instead of starting unemployed.

Interesting to see you start with a club rather than unemployed.

I'm annoyed at the editor, I can change the World Club competition into a World Champions League and delete continental competitions. The problem is I cannot add a World Cup Winners Cup and a World version of the Europa League, I can add the rules but it never shows up in the game, no one in the editors forum seems to know why. Might have to contact someone at SI to ask.

SRL88
18-08-2012, 18:29
It will take some beating to do a more interesting thread than your this times round, definitely going for monthly updates on my FM13 one.

I see this as a challenge set :brock:.

The only other thing I can think of doing is start at a club and do something similar to Dafuge, but I would probably get bored quickly being at one club I think.

AcidBurn
18-08-2012, 18:29
I see this as a challenge set :brock:.

The only other thing I can think of doing is start at a club and do something similar to Dafuge, but I would probably get bored quickly being at one club I think.

I'm hoping to stay as long as Dafuge does at one club with a Mongolian side.

SRL88
18-08-2012, 18:31
I'm hoping to stay as long as Dafuge does at one club with a Mongolian side.

Bloody hell. Now that would be different indeed.

Any ideas on where you would like that save to end up?

Lower Leagues Rule
18-08-2012, 18:36

I am torn between a few of ideas for my Career in FM13:
1) Starting out as Arsenal bringing them back to some trophies breaking the ridiculous drought and then heading off shore following my heart a bit.
2) A Similar Eastern European Challenge to what I am currently doing, giving the Iron Curtain a real push
3) My normal Small Club to Big Club Challenge

AcidBurn
18-08-2012, 18:41
Bloody hell. Now that would be different indeed.

Any ideas on where you would like that save to end up?

I'm going to delete all continental competition and create a World Champions League. I did it on FM11, then I'll take the Mongolian side and attempt to make them the biggest in the world. I intend to have a non-seeded competition so random draws throughout with huge prize money.

SRL88
18-08-2012, 18:43
I'm going to delete all continental competition and create a World Champions League. I did it on FM11, then I'll take the Mongolian side and attempt to make them the biggest in the world. I intend to have a non-seeded competition so random draws throughout with huge prize money.

Oh right cool. Sounds like an interesting save one one I will look forward to reading.

dafuge
18-08-2012, 18:45

Anyone off to watch any football matches over the weekend?

I was at Fratton Park today, which has really tempted me to start a save with Pompey on FM13.

AcidBurn
18-08-2012, 18:46
Hopefully it'll be entertaining to read, I just hope I can get the World CL functioning properly. Deciding the set up and prize money is not easy.

AcidBurn
18-08-2012, 18:46
I was at Fratton Park today, which has really tempted me to start a save with Pompey on FM13.

Do you ever start as Pompey?

dafuge
18-08-2012, 18:48

That bring me on to my other idea. Start in NI (again) and aim for the same things, but this time by moving around the clubs. Perhaps by doing that I could get the infrastructure at other clubs improved a lot quicker than it has been in my current game.

dafuge
18-08-2012, 18:49
Do you ever start as Pompey?

I often play as them with the demo, but I've never started a proper game with them.

deltablue
18-08-2012, 18:55
Once at the top will you only move to lower league clubs?

Yes, thinking of having Barcelona as an exception (and Ipswich if they ever become an established PL side, but how likely is that? :D) but not sure whether to either not do that or having as an 'unlockable bonus' after winning the CL or something. Either way I'll be applying my current save's U21 signing rule if I go there. Should be interesting as by the time I'm able to chose whatever I want (which will take a lot of seasons) there should be some relatively big clubs in various nations that have been relegated. Been wanting to do it ever since I started the last one, even have had a title sorted for a couple of months.

Your World CL idea sounds quite something.

AcidBurn
18-08-2012, 19:02
Yes, thinking of having Barcelona as an exception (and Ipswich if they ever become an established PL side, but how likely is that? :D) but not sure whether to either not do that or having as an 'unlockable bonus' after winning the CL or something. Either way I'll be applying my current save's U21 signing rule if I go there. Should be interesting as by the time I'm able to chose whatever I want (which will take a lot of seasons) there should be some relatively big clubs in various nations that have been relegated. Been wanting to do it ever since I started the last one, even have had a title sorted for a couple of months.

Your World CL idea sounds quite something.

Sounds good look forward to reading it, looks like there could be some very interesting threads around for FM13 not that there aren't for FM12.

Just hope I can get World CL working and the ability to add a World Cup Winners Cup would make my day.

rancer890
18-08-2012, 19:07
Interesting to see you start with a club rather than unemployed.

If there are no changes from FM12 with this Belarussian club, I will probably wait for the FM13 edit and then start that career. I usually don't start with a club in a journeyman save, even TFC or my favourite Asian clubs, but I'm managing this club atm and it's loads of fun. Otherwise, I'm backpacking off to Southeast Asia again. :)

My current all-European save is lots of fun but it's more enjoyable to me with a balance of leagues around the world.

SRL88
18-08-2012, 19:19
Looking forward to reading the thread about the FMCU Awards to. Usually an interesting read.

acidmonkey
19-08-2012, 07:40
FMCU Awards is normally a good read yea,

As for my save for FM13 i think ill return to my FM2010 stomping ground:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/187277-FM10-Acidmonkeys-Red-and-white-Army!-%28formallythe-story-of-Crook-Town-F.C.%29?highlight=Crook+town

SRL88
19-08-2012, 08:30
Ahhhhhh Crook Town :cool:. Played against them a fair few times :brock:.

acidmonkey
19-08-2012, 08:48
Ahhhhhh Crook Town :cool:. Played against them a fair few times :brock:.

I was going to go watch them yesterday but had to go to spennymoor instead :(

SRL88
19-08-2012, 08:52
I was going to go watch them yesterday but had to go to spennymoor instead :(

I used to play for them :brock:, and I am from 5 minutes up the road in Kirk Merrington.

acidmonkey
19-08-2012, 08:53
I used to play for them :brock:, and I am from 5 minutes up the road in Kirk Merrington.

o only went because i had to rate a couple of guys for FM13 and one of them didn't even come off the bench grrr.

Deisler26
19-08-2012, 09:06
I think with FM13. I might actually start in the Premier League. Total break with all my rules and traditions.

SnakeXe
19-08-2012, 09:07
Good result for us yesterday, not that we played well for most of the game! Tiote and Cabaye particularly struggled, it was patently obvious that neither are 100% fit. Ben Arfa took a few minutes to get into the game but once he was he was excellent, always looks so dangerous on the ball. Ba's goal was a lovely finish, great to see him score again!

Really impressed by Perch again at centreback, was very worried when I found out Coloccini was out but he did very well indeed. He can't cope with physical attackers as well as Coloccini, but he's as good as anyone we have at defending on the deck. Incredible to think how bad he looked when we first signed him.

Only negative really is that I took Ba and Ben Arfa out of my fantasy team because I didn't think they'd play!

snootyjim
19-08-2012, 10:05

I'm planning an assault on the Asian Champions League, and if I ever manage to win it, I'll move to Brazil and try to work my way up their league system.

I had a great time with Persijap in Indonesia on my first FMCU thread, but the Indonesian leagues were bugged in FM12 so I got fed up and got a job elsewhere - would like to do it again, properly. And I've never played in the Brazilian leagues at all - about time I did.

noikeee
20-08-2012, 00:56
For FM13 I was thinking of starting a challenge on CSE similar to what Dafuge is talking about, basically taking on a small country with a poor league then wandering around various clubs there in order to make it the biggest league in the world. Probably in Finland. However I'm a little afraid I might get bored of it, and may instead do journeyman across multiple nations again.

I have a dilemma in my career thread at the moment. I took over a ridiculously rich Real Madrid that had not been winning anything because it was packed with the players from the beginning of the game and they were all in their 30s and getting older and older. I basically bought an entire new team (think I only kept 2 forwards!) and spent 500M€ on it. Within 2 seasons I've won everything bar the Club World Cup. Now I really want that trophy, but I feel like I've done the job and it doesn't feel like an accomplishment really. So, stay or leave (probably off to England as I don't remember ever winning the Premier League in FM)?

Jason the Yank
20-08-2012, 03:22

Hoping to be able to get into a long game. I keep saying I'll hold off on buying it, but there will probably be some new feature that causes me to go WANT NOW. :(

Although I might hold off this time, as the R key has fallen off my laptop, giving me an excuse to look for a new one.

Anyone off to watch any football matches over the weekend? I'm off to see Crewe and Notts County, where hopefully future England superstar Max Clayton will get a couple of goals as well as the crazy Pogba.

Not this weekend, but I'm on holiday in less than a fortnight. Assuming my car checks out when I take it in for a looksie later this week, I plan to drive out to Salt Lake to see RSL v DC United. Will be my 4th MLS ground (the others are Colorado, Columbus and Kansas City).

jimbobBRFC
20-08-2012, 09:53
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I plan on starting a game lower down the leagues and more specficaly a journeyman save. Im not going to be doing a career thread as I play way to slowly for it to be worthwhile. But the question I have is regarding which leagues to load, and seen as most people in this forum play journeyman games makes sense that you guys will know best,

My computer isnt very good to put it bluntly. Can manage to run most of the european leagus pretty well but if I start venturing to far off reaches of the globe it quickly slows down. Would I be able to find a job to kick off the career somewhere within the European leagues if I started with a sunday league reputation? Just worried I wont have a high enough rep to find a job somewhere in Europe. I plan on playing pretty realisically i.e only taking realistic jobs, working my way up slowly. Anyone any recomendations?

acidmonkey
20-08-2012, 10:44
yea you will get offeres from the lowest rep teams without a manager in the lowerst rep countries so expect to start in somewhere like iceland, isreal etc.

jimbobBRFC
20-08-2012, 10:57
yea you will get offeres from the lowest rep teams without a manager in the lowerst rep countries so expect to start in somewhere like iceland, isreal etc.

Yeah I thought that, isreal isnt European but yeah I know what your saying ;) Going to load up the big five leagues (England,Spain,Italy,Germany,France) to quite a low level then a few random european countries like Iceland, Denmark etc and see where I end up. Would like a job in one of the big five countries but with Sunday League rep that probably wont be possible