Regen Theory

While I think that Amaroq is totally right, isn't part of this issue also that (in MLS I know it is) that regens start with too low CA. Therefore it doesn't matter if they have high PA because the CA-PA gap is so huge that they'll never even come near their PA.

I don't seem to have a problem with regen quality in my game. (Especially after signing a young, 6'5" 14.5 stone English striker with 199 PA and stats in all the right places)

But a few issues I have noticed;

- Physical stats tend to be very poor. There aren't many centre-backs or stikers in the game these days with ~10 for acceleration and pace, but it happens far too much with regens. Stamina is also, usually very poor, even in well developed regens.

- Good players, who should make up the world-class tier in the game suffer from some ridiculously low stats. e.g. Top class centre-backs with 3 for dribbling. They just wouldn't be that bad, even if it is one of their inferior stats.

- International teams rarely select regens. Not because the players aren't good enough, but the game doesn't seem to rate them as well.

- Penalty taking. Nobody, NOBODY, is capable of taking penalties. My QPR side consisting mostly of regens has the top regen penalty takers rated 15,10,9,9,8. With the 8 being my 199PA striker.

- PPM's very rarely occur.

• 1 month later...

The issue with regens is something that has always bothered me about these games. The serious lack of not just top class but also good/average players amazes me for a game like this. If it was me making this game I would totally over exagerate the quality of regens rather than have 90% of them totally useless, so more and more people buy my game!

Im currently seven seasons into a game and it occured to me the other day while looking at the 'player search' screen, with no filters on, that not one regen made it anywhere near the first page of players(sorted by value). So in other words all the top players in 2015 are the same as in 2007!!!

Think back seven versions of this game. That would be CM00/01 or CM01/02 yeah? How many players from the 'player screen' would still be there now?!? And the likes of C Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi, Fabregas, Kompany, Garay, Veloso, Benzema, Robinho, Ben Arfa, Mascherano, Tevez, Silva etc wern't even in the database, so you could say are regens since then!!

I find it interesting to think that way!

SI how will you get around this problem? Why can't more world class/top class/good/average players be generated each season?

I understand, but i disagree.

The was your putting it, it makes it sound like you get like 10 world class players each time.

Its only once every 4-5 years that a player like Ronaldo comes along.

Just be patient.

Originally posted by jack.browne:

I understand, but i disagree.

The was your putting it, it makes it sound like you get like 10 world class players each time.

Its only once every 4-5 years that a player like Ronaldo comes along.

Just be patient.

I didn't say they all came through in the same season, but the facts speak for themselves. Take any 7-10 year period and I guarantee you hundereds of top/good players come into the game from all around the world, but so far in my FM game hardly any are playing international football.

Take the England team for example. How much does that change over a 7 year period irl?? In FM no one new has come into the team after 7 years of my game. Same for all National teams

I'm a bit undecided on this one. I also understand where you're coming from, but at the same time in real life traiing has a huge influence in how successful a player is. Take Fabregas for example, couldn't get a contract in spain, took a gamble to see if he could make it by moving to london when a lot of others would have given up to become a plummer, and now he is wanted by madrid and barca!

Personally I seem to get a load of trash every year with regens but with the right traiing, a lot of them can become decent enough for mid-table sides.

And I have signed some good regens from other teams, mostly in the lower leagues which have been awesome. The only example i can think of was a guy from watford who i signed for £15mil. Worth every penny and became my captain, but as he was at watford his value was only about £2mil.

Just because they don't have massive values doesn't mean they're not out there, just they havn't been discovered yet.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

I disagree, because i'm in 2017 and there are a hell of a lot of regens in my player search and they are of a very good quality.

Im afraid I dont believe you! Please post a screen shot of your player search screen with no filters and sorted by value?

The seven seasons I spoke about speak volumes imo! If I want to find a few good average squad players, I have to sign 28,29,30 year old real players because the game does not generate them.

Every European club I have checked has an average age of 27! Every single one!! Not one of the top European nation has a player under 22 in there squad!!!

I run a Large database by the way with 52 Leagues

Originally posted by nojabold:

I'm a bit undecided on this one. I also understand where you're coming from, but at the same time in real life traiing has a huge influence in how successful a player is. Take Fabregas for example, couldn't get a contract in spain, took a gamble to see if he could make it by moving to london when a lot of others would have given up to become a plummer, and now he is wanted by madrid and barca!

Personally I seem to get a load of trash every year with regens but with the right traiing, a lot of them can become decent enough for mid-table sides.

And I have signed some good regens from other teams, mostly in the lower leagues which have been awesome. The only example i can think of was a guy from watford who i signed for £15mil. Worth every penny and became my captain, but as he was at watford his value was only about £2mil.

Just because they don't have massive values doesn't mean they're not out there, just they havn't been discovered yet.

Of course training plays a major part irl, but no reason training in FM can be just as effective!

Just for the record, Fabregas left Barca'a youth academy for Arsenal even though they were desperate to keep him!! Same as Pique!

Your right about the rubbish coming through each season. Take Man Utd for example, look at there youth team when you start a new game and then look at 99% of the regens that come through, no where near good enough, never get any better

In my Barca team in 2013, my left and right back, and my two central midfielders are quality, thier regens and 17-21 icon_smile.gif

I brought them for 2-7m, now thier worth 8-25m, maybe you just need to scout better, also the database effects the amount of regens also, and thus the % of good regens emerging.

maybe Barcelona did want to keep fabregas, the point I was making is that had he stayed there he probably wouldn't have reached his potential, and certainly not as quickly as he has at Arsenal. Fabregas himself said that he was unsure about moving to Arsenal so young, but he is glad he did now because so many of the players he played with are still struggling and he would probably only be with the third team by now, not playing champs league and international football.

Originally posted by nojabold:

maybe Barcelona did want to keep fabregas, the point I was making is that had he stayed there he probably wouldn't have reached his potential, and certainly not as quickly as he has at Arsenal. Fabregas himself said that he was unsure about moving to Arsenal so young, but he is glad he did now because so many of the players he played with are still struggling and he would probably only be with the third team by now, not playing champs league and international football.

Well we'l never know that now, but I do remember someone from the FA saying 'Fabregas will write football history' and he was only 16 then, but anyway lets please not turn this into a Fabregas debate!!

Another point is why are there so many regens from Caribeen islands like 'The Cook Islands' etc.... Its bizarre!! How when SI were coding the game could they allow this to happen instead of good regens from Europe and Africa, as irl!?

Firstly, SI have stated several times that Regens are under review. So they've admitted it's a problem and are sorting it.

As for lack of quality 6-7 seasons in, their value may be poor but there's plenty of quality out there. I have these guys:

Amouya

Foda

Tecklenburgh

Ullman

Of these, Foda is a first team rotation player, and Ullman is coming along nicely in cup matches and as a sub. Amouya has a lot of competition, and Tecklenburg doesn't seem to have the mental attributes for a leading prem star, but clearly has the technical skill.

For me, the physical stats are the biggest problem at this stage. And a lot of the mental ability develops over time, but not well enough.

I'm sure this has been taken into account and will be improved for future versions. Well, I HOPE.

And from what others have posted, it gets much, much worse 20-30 seasons in.

c'mon, player search and you expect to find world class regen? the unmask attribute thing does not really work especially with regens in other continents and you have to search for them. i have one regen that have a pa of 196 and he is world class and before i even had genie scout, i went team by team and spent hours askin my scouts to scout them. player search and u could not find any good ones dosent mean there isnt. i do not know how to post a screenie, if you want you can private message me and i'll send you or something

I have done some searches with a few later-game saves, and the PA remains about the same, percentage-wise.

The real problem with regens is not that there's no potential stars, but that they start with a lot lower CA, and thus have trouble reaching that potential.

Im afraid I dont believe you! Please post a screen shot of your player search screen with no filters and sorted by value?

Whats value got to do with it? Fm2008 is great with the regens, top class players come through alot and the only problem is that some of them have low natural fitness (or alot of them). Searching by Value isnt the way to go. Look at regens stats and you will see how good alot of them are.

The value has everything to do with with it!! All the best players in the world are on the first page of the 'player search screen'. 7 seasons on and it's still the same list.

Think back seven versions of this game. That would be CM00/01 or CM01/02 yeah? How many players from the 'player screen' would still be there now?!? And the likes of C Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi, Fabregas, Kompany, Garay, Veloso, Benzema, Robinho, Ben Arfa, Mascherano, Tevez, Silva etc wern't even in the database, so you could say are regens since then!!

Mikmikmik/Neji- You cant honestly say that there is nearly enough good regens produced each season. Im not talking only world class players, but look at the players that come through the youth teams at Premier League clubs, pure rubbish. Irl there are plenty of good players coming through each season that go on to play in the Championship etc but in FM 99% of them never develop and most attributes remain under 10!!

Come on lads I love this game too but you can't defend an obvious problem that has existed for some time now, and considering how much work goes into this game and how incredibly complicated the coding must be, it's surely something that can be fixed.

Think how much more realistic and fun the game would be. Im fed up looking at international squads at Euro 2014 having almost the exact same squads as Euro 2008!!!

has anyone ever started a game made up entirely of regens? it really doesn't work. players with abysmal stats and 1* in the assman report are nearly always priced £10M+, players with acceptable stats are also give 1-2*, but valued much lower, less than £100K sometimes.

i tried to start one with barcelona, most of the team was terrible. i checked madrid, athletico, espanyol, valencia etc, and it was near enough the same for them. because regens rarely get ppms unless they are real life players with different names, match quality is evidently poorer with regens.

i think this shows how random & below average the regen quality is.

In my opinion the problem wit regens is that, although you get a fair few regens with high PA, you get very few starting with a decent CA. So in the future you rarely get a Fabregas, Messi, Ronaldo or Rooney. You rarely get a player under 22 years old who's good enough to play constantly in the first team of a top club.

Imo there should be more high PA regens coming through but it should be harder for players to reach their PA, more factors should make a difference. At the same time you should get more regens coming through with a higher starting CA so that you get a realistic number of wonderkid regens.

Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Im afraid I dont believe you! Please post a screen shot of your player search screen with no filters and sorted by value?

Whats value got to do with it? Fm2008 is great with the regens, top class players come through alot and the only problem is that some of them have low natural fitness (or alot of them). Searching by Value isnt the way to go. Look at regens stats and you will see how good alot of them are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apologies on that front, tbh I never noticed the value part and was talking about regens in general, which are in abundance and of a very good standard in my game.

All the best players in the world are on the first page of the 'player search screen'.

I don't think that's true, the only players on the first page are the most expensive and not necessrily the best. Consider the inflated transfer system in the game that has been widely discussed, if Corluka is sold for £25m as has been documented, then he will appear on the first screen. However, I purchased Cassani for Bayern Munich for £3.4m and he has never progrssed further than £7m in value. He is obviously far far better than Corluka but because an outrageous fee has been paid it is Corluka who appears.

This isn't an issue of regens etc it's an issue with the valuation of bog standard players. The concept that the first page of player search shows the best players is obviously flawed, because you're searching by value rather than quality.

I've always thought the regens aren't good enough. Have a look at how good the players are in season 1, and compare it to season 20, and there's such a vast difference.

I like to buy players from the country I'm in, and if I'm managing Valencia is season 20 and I'm looking for a top, top Spanish center mid they're hard to come by. There might be one or two, but they are often let down by physical attributes or teamwork/work rate.

However, I understand how difficult it must be creating an algorithm that deals with player regens (I'm a programmer), so I have sympathy with SI and their quest for flawless regens.

Originally posted by Mike~:

I've always thought the regens aren't good enough. Have a look at how good the players are in season 1, and compare it to season 20, and there's such a vast difference.

Thats my point exactly, you couldn't have put it any better icon14.gif

I know nothing about progamming to be honest but if the game can generate 95% of regens with extremely poor attributes, why could it not be programmed to create 95% regens with good stats?

Now I know we cant have 95% of world class regens, but there has to be a way in a game thats so well coded otherwise, to find a solution to this problem and keep a consistent flow of poor/average/good/top class/world class regens coming through?

This isn't an issue of regens etc it's an issue with the valuation of bog standard players. The concept that the first page of player search shows the best players is obviously flawed, because you're searching by value rather than quality.

I totally disagree and think your failing to see the problems been discussed, look at Mike's post above, I think he totally hits the nail on the head

Dar2000,

Sorry, you're missing my point in relation to the quote you used. I was talking about your suggestion that appearing on the player search first page when listing by value was an indication as to the quality of the player. It quite obviously isn't and I provided my reasons for thinking otherwise.

So in that context the issue you raised re: player search isn't an issue of regen ability but an issue of valuation.

Now on the subject or regens quality, I disagree. I don't have proof other than I believe my game has produced a decent number of good/very good regens. They may not be worth £30m but they are of a good enough quality. We have to agree to disagree on that point because everyones game differs and there is no way of proving if I have more than you for instance.

My point was in relation to the concept of player quality having an effect of their position in the player search function, which you seem to equate position in table with quality, when that isn't the case.

I totaly agree Nomis07,

There are plenty of players on the top section of the player search who are only there because of an inflated transfer fee rather than quality.

On the subject of regens, a few people have hit the nail on the head. There are plenty of regens with high P.A but because they start with such low C.A they become worthless.

I would like seeing Regeans develop evenly and realisticly but on the other hand I prefer that real players, meaning players from original DB, dominates the game as long as they can because it is somehow more fun to play with them.

Just to further emphasise my point re: using the search option as a reliable list of players in quality order, here is a list of a few of the 07/08 transfers (remember value in FM goes by the transfer fee paid).

Robben - 24

Darren Bent - 16.5

Malouda - 13.5

Bianchi - 8.8

Reo Coker - 8.5

Curtis Davis - 8.5

Eduardo - 7.5

Ssagny - 7

Woodgate - 7

Koumas - 5.3

Martin Petrov - 4.7

Jagielka - 4

Tim Howard - 3

Can anyone seriously say that is the correct order of those players in regards to quality.

All the best players in the world are on the first page of the 'player search screen'

(remember value in FM goes by the transfer fee paid).

Your right, that is something I forgot, apologizes. So therefore it would be impossible to compare the player search screen after 7 years to the one at the start of the game. But im still convinced that if FM did not sort the values by the transfer fees you would still see the same list of players after 7 seasons.

But for me, Mike got it bang on when he said I've always thought the regens aren't good enough. Have a look at how good the players are in season 1, and compare it to season 20, and there's such a vast difference.

And what about the international teams having all the same players for Euro 2014 they did for Euro 2008? I dont think I could find one player under 21 who played in Euro 2014!!

Overall though there is no where near as many good players generated in FM as irl, that is a fact, you can't deny it and it should be addressed

Originally posted by Dar2000:

And what about the international teams having all the same players for Euro 2014 they did for Euro 2008? I dont think I could find one player under 21 who played in Euro 2014!!

This is a definate issue and there have been various examples, most notable is Billy Sharp who lots of people have had score hatfulls of goals for them but never gets picked. I had Tommaso Vailatti at Bayern and in 6 seasons his lowest average rating was 7.56, yet he never got a cap and Italy persisted with a 35 year old Pirlo instead.

Just to add fuel to the fire, in a game I played recently I was Roma and having a torrid time, I wasn't going to continue the game but decided to experiment with regens and FMM. I had a vast amount of money in the bank and used Genie Scout to find the best under 24 regen in the game for each position and bought them, I then immediately matched their CA with their PA using FMM. Every single player in my squad had a CA and PA over 180.

In the previous two seasons I had finished 3rd with a decent but not great squad and a 179 highest PA.

Despite my 22 wonderkids with massive CA and PA's I finished 3rd again. Now of course it was probably down to my tactics and me just not being a good enough manager, but I can't help thinking the fact they are regens had something to do with it.

Originally posted by Dar2000:

Take the England team for example. How much does that change over a 7 year period irl?? In FM no one new has come into the team after 7 years of my game. Same for all National teams

Just took a look at the England squad in my save in 2015, Englands back four is Micah Richards, Joe Mattock, Kyle Bartley and Steve Cooper. Also a regen in midfield and plenty of people like Wellbeck who start the game in reserve teams. Rooney and Walcott up front the most familar thing about the team.

However England isn't an active league in my save, Spain where I'm playing is and the team looks familiar, Casillas, Ramos, Iniesta etc.

what size database are you running? this will have something to do with how many players are regenerated as with a small database there will be a lot less players generated

Originally posted by nick1408:

what size database are you running? this will have something to do with how many players are regenerated as with a small database there will be a lot less players generated

Me?? Large database and 12 leagues from 7 countries.

The regen issue is really bothering me.

I am in 2017, and am looking for a commanding centre back. I couldnt find a single one filtered by the assman with heading and jumping more than 17.

So i did a search of all players, and there was only a handful, and none of them were regens - they were all 30-odd year olds.

It's terrible.

I agree there isn't an abundance of world class regens, but it only took me till 2013 for a regen to win World Player Of The Year, he wonit again in 2017, coming second in 2016.

I think since we won it there's been a regen placed every season bar one. I've just finsihed season 17/18 so I'll ley you know if one places this year

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by backpackant:

Firstly, SI have stated several times that Regens are under review. So they've admitted it's a problem and are sorting it.

As for lack of quality 6-7 seasons in, their value may be poor but there's plenty of quality out there. I have these guys:

Amouya

Foda

Tecklenburgh

Ullman

Of these, Foda is a first team rotation player, and Ullman is coming along nicely in cup matches and as a sub. Amouya has a lot of competition, and Tecklenburg doesn't seem to have the mental attributes for a leading prem star, but clearly has the technical skill.

For me, the physical stats are the biggest problem at this stage. And a lot of the mental ability develops over time, but not well enough.

I'm sure this has been taken into account and will be improved for future versions. Well, I HOPE.

And from what others have posted, it gets much, much worse 20-30 seasons in.

I wish I had Amouya in my Ivory Coast squad... We are leaking stupid goals...

not having read all the threads here so someone may have already mentioned it.

but i remember reading something on here where youth players were starting with quite low stat values.

which meant they couldn't improve enough in time to make themselves wonderkids.

it also meant that by the time they wre 24 (which is when speed of improvement starts to go down) they wont have got any where near how good they could be.

Amouya

Foda

Tecklenburgh

Ullman

Of these, Foda is a first team rotation player, and Ullman is coming along nicely in cup matches and as a sub.

Interesting. Foda is 24 and stil doesn`t have a single full cap.

Infact at 24 he stil isn`t a first team regular in your team.

Which tells me you don`t really have a single regen that would be quite as good as the top top RL players.

i had a CB regen that was high in all the important stats.

heading

marking

tackling

aggression

bravery

positioning

strenght

work rate

18 +

but his PA was 149 and CA 151.

international call ups are probably based more on PA/CA so maybe these players aren't really that good. could also be that foda is right ONLY.

Originally posted by Klimowicz:

has anyone ever started a game made up entirely of regens? it really doesn't work. players with abysmal stats and 1* in the assman report are nearly always priced £10M+, players with acceptable stats are also give 1-2*, but valued much lower, less than £100K sometimes.

i tried to start one with barcelona, most of the team was terrible. i checked madrid, athletico, espanyol, valencia etc, and it was near enough the same for them. because regens rarely get ppms unless they are real life players with different names, match quality is evidently poorer with regens.

Great point.

Indeed, if the only problem is the low starting CA of regens why then starting a game with all imaginery players gives you Barcelona with bad players, even the 27-year olds not just the young ones?

im in like 2018 or something and all the good players are the real ones which are all roughly 30. there are a couple of sub-standard regens who would make a lower league premiership team.

to me thats not good enough. the way i see it modern football is only getting better, so why do the talents get very quickly, worse.

I agree with this aswell. The quality of regens is really poor and you hardly get any "world class" regens.

What i have done is found that you get quite a few Regens every year that start at the age of 20 and have a CA over 100, normally between 100-110. So what I do is load up FMM and decrease there age to 17. Giving them an extra 3 years to develop without making the game unrealistic because it still ties up with there history stats. The only difference is they entered the game at 17 instead of 20. Then if trained right by their current clubs they can become a wonderkid by the time they are 20. I have also done this for 19 year old being entered into the game as regens. I decrease there age by 2 years to 17.

by 2021 with west ham i have not had one single player come up through the ranks who is good enough to make the grade.

this is west ham the so called "academy" of football which has produced about 1/3 of the players in the champions league final this season.

I am getting some good regens (by buying them), but only a couple that i would consider truly world class and on a par with the players that exist at the beginning of the game.

At them moment I have resorted to scouting every single player u17 and signing every one with a 3* rating or higher.

particular problem areas are defence. it is very rare for defenders to have a good balance of attributes - there is no one remotely comparable to micah richards or rio, i.e quick & good in the air. Alot of the players with jumping and heading 18 or higher have pace below ten.

i just checked and there is only one defender on the game with acc, pace, jumping and heading of 15 - this is appalling!

if i change the search to acc & pace =12, and jumping & acceleration = 18 then there is only 3 players in the world! again this is truly appalling.

if i drop this to 11 and 17 respectively there are only 9 - there woud have been loads on the starting database.

half of these are not regens, and then alot of the regens have pointless attributes for a defender like amazing corner taking using up their PA and thus meaning they never amount to anything.

Its a similar story with big strikers, and with attacking midfielders there are very few that match speed with skill, it is usually strictly one or the other. e.g real madrid have a young amc operating in their team with pace and acceleration7!!

essentially si have struggled to ensure there are enough good players with decent physicals. and they still struggle to match attribute to position. e.g For regen defenders, decent corner taking should be severely restricted - it just wastes players. it may happen in real life that a defender also takes the corners but i imagine fairly rarely - so why not cap 99% of regen dc's starting corner attribute at say 2 or 3?

similarly we dont want the vast majority of forwards to be amazing at tackling or marking.

i am sure everyone has noticed that no one can take penalties as well? ideally this should be somewhat tied to something like technique or finishing to ensure that at least a few strikers can take penalties. how about making it so 25% or regen strikers start with penalty taking at 8? it would mean they at least end up good at something.

p.s i am the worlds biggest club and have the best possible training facilities.

Originally posted by TsetungPFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

Great point.

Indeed, if the only problem is the low starting CA of regens why then starting a game with all imaginery players gives you Barcelona with bad players, even the 27-year olds not just the young ones? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh, there are probably better 15/16 year olds than mid/late 20s. i've started a juve game since the previous post, and i've resorted to signing 16 year olds with huge potential. so much so, that i've decided to manage the under 20s side.

i know the game is trying to overcompensate to provide longevity, but surely it would make more sense having a balance of good youngsters and better 20-30 year olds so that the youngsters can be tutored.

it's just backwards. i hope it's fixed for fm09, i always try to start a fake players game since cm 00-01. fm07 was worse than this version tbh, but there's always been issues with regens in general.

The fact that the national teams are really messed up is no secret. Did you read my Le Tallec-thread?

He was the best player in the world for several years, best player in France 4 years in a row (etc. etc.) but still didn't get capped for France! LOL? Yes.

But anyhow...

I'm in 2020 with Valencia and my fav. player right now (and everybody else's) is a regen!

It is possible but you need the correct youngsters.

A thread I wrote up which seriously helped me develop 17-year olds with CA about 130: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/4982007304

Basically, in terms of CA, this is what you need to aim for:

15: 70

16: 90

17: 120

In these age brackets, this is where you can almost guarantee that their CA will reach 170 if they can make it into a first team. However, there seems to be only one with such ability in each season - Arsenal have one with a 17-year old CA 110, and there's a Sporting CP 15-year-old with CA 79 (PA 194).

My only issue with regens is the sheer lack of players with good Jumping - I once had a good centre-back with a Jumping attribute of 4! Or perhaps physical attributes in general, which are hard to develop without too many injuries (which in turn harm development, which is ridiculous).

Originally posted by Some guy....:

I have no problems with the regens in the game. Infact I have some very good regens in my squad now... In about 4 seasons they will be my squad.

Yes but overall, its a disaster. I have a few good regens too but where are all the rest of them?

Look at the average age of 20 random European clubs by about 2015. All will be either 28/29. Hardly any regens in their squads.

Im looking at this from the point of view of comparing FM to real life. Maybe you are not. But you can't deny the fact that no where near enough players from average to world class are generated as consistently as real life, no where near as consistently. Im not a games programmer so I dont want to even try suggest what needs to be done, but surely a structure can be put in place do improve this?

Compare the players irl who played in Euro 2004 to those playing this year. You will find alot of great young players this year who wern't in their national squads 4 years ago.

Now compare the players in FM who play in Euro 2008 to those who play in Euro 2012, exactly the same.... Not one regen for any playable national team.

Hugely dissapointing and ruins the game icon_frown.gif

totally agree.

that's why i deleted this game on my machine.

I always had that sort of regens, say a 22 year-old DC with 190PA and 150CA, 20 in heading, marking, and tackling, but his jumping was very poor, just round 6. i know it might getting better, but he'd never reach 10 actually. that's ridiculous...

Originally posted by maverick_woo:

I always had that sort of regens, say a 22 year-old DC with 190PA and 150CA, 20 in heading, marking, and tackling, but his jumping was very poor, just round 6. i know it might getting better, but he'd never reach 10 actually. that's ridiculous...

I am pretty disappoint in this aspect of the game as well. I can see there are pretty of regen (fred) in the game with decent PA but their physical attributes are just so broken which make them useless.

DC with jumping less than 12, ST with no pace or jumping, MC with no stamina, GK with no agility...etc etc just make the regen so weak and no functioning while compare with the default players in the database.

And i wonder if this is so hard to code as you could simply set a minimum starting physical attributes for key area for regen? eg. any DC with PA > 150 should start with at least 12 in jumping.

jumping less than 12, ST with no pace or jumping, MC with no stamina, GK with no agility...etc etc just make the regen so weak and no functioning while compare with the default players in the database.

i think if anything the young players should have better physical attributes than their older counterparts. no top club would hire a youth player with 5 pace unless every other stat was AMAAAAAZING.

and even if they lack slight pace and accelleration attributes you would've thought they would have good strength and jumping especially if there a defender.

the clubs firstly look at physicall attributes for youngsters anyway so its definately waaay off the mark in terms of realism. im not getting it again for pc untill regens are more realistic

Archived