Young players seem to stink on this game

Just looking around the international squads in year 2012 i see that england have the most over aged squad in Europe, if they go this way IRl they will be in trouble!!

what i have noticed is out of all the European Nations the 2 youngest players are a 21 year old defender for Denmark who is a regen, 20 year old at Scotland and another regen at Macendonia at 19 that is half spanish.. using Genie scout to check the availability of good young players, there are 20 regens with CA above 140 playing around europe and only 3 of them have even made the full National squad let alone beeing played!!

whats the stigma with young players?

This is a well-known problem in the game. International managers seem to pick players by reputation which means the old dogs never get dropped, and youngsters never get a chance. Hopefully it will be addressed in FM10 - we've lobbied enough already!

i though tit was fixed for latest patch tho? thing is alot of these players dont even play for there clubs despite having good stats and CA, when they do play on a rare occasion they get a very poor rating!!

i think it goes deeper than just reputation..

one thing i have noticed, i signed a young player from MK Dons that was a regen in the 2nd season, there was 2 CM almost identical stats, just this morning iv checked to see the progress of each player using the Genie and the one i signed and have been training has a CA of 110 and a pa of 150 yet the player still at MK Dons has a CA of 135 and a PA of 150, most mental and hidden stats are very similer..

not sure if my coaches and training is rubbish but i was pritty suprised to see a player rise by that much playing for the AI

Young players are fine, and there are loads of great regens.

They just take a while to develop.

Your title suggests the game doesnt have quality youngsters - while the bulk of your post states there are decent players but not getting picked.

With regards to them not getting picked, that is a different problem altogether

You may have "the best player of his generation" and he might look quit poor, but come 23-25 years old their CA will increase dramatically, going close to their PA. Doesn't always happen but it does on most instances - you will just have to be patient with youth players.

Also IRL, Italy Manager, Lippi has a VERY old squad and is not really giving any of the under 21 stars a go. In the U21 Euro's not a single player in the Italy squad had any 1st team international experience while only a few new faces had been blooded in the Confederation Cup.

Well, I managed Sweden from 2014 to 2016 (lost the Euro2016 quarterfinal to England on penalties) and I did noticed the growth of younger talents (aka newgens) is far from good, especially for non-playable (or not-selected) nations/leagues.

Basically what I got was the mix between current Sweden internationals (Zlatan, Källström, Isaksson etc) and the current U21 (Toivonen, Berg, the Elms, Lustig...). Needless to say, the Top Stars were well past their 30s, but still they were head and shoulders better than ANY of the newgens.

The U21/U19 team was so awful they lost to the likes of Moldova and Azerbaijan, while I managed to get a last hooray off the old guys.

But out of my Euro2016 roster, only 2 were newgens (and one missed the decisive penalty...)

Of course I resigned at the end of the tournament...

Is it just about reputation?

P.S. @Ezequiel Lavezzi

True, Italy haven't been even thinking about a generation turnover. And that's the reason they've been sucking so badly after they lucked out during the las World Cup...

Just wait and see the epic fail that WM2010 will be for them. The Confederation Cup will look like a minor setback in comparison

Training doesn't increase CA; it redistributes to points to the categories you choose. CA rises by playing first team games - that's why the MK Dons player rose more.

So, are you saying that CA doesn't rise through youngsters playing Youth Team & Reserve games...?

So, are you saying that CA doesn't rise through youngsters playing Youth Team & Reserve games...?

Depends on the player.

Every level of football provides a certain level of competition and a player needs to play at the correct level to learn.

You need to judge their skill level and match this to the level of football they are competing at.

Take in RL Rooney at age 17/18 would learn very little from playing in the U18s as he was significantly better than them and wasn't being pushed/tested. So to improve he needed to play at a higher standard of football that was around or just above his current level.

On the flipside if you put a youngster into level that is too high for him he will also not learn because he is out of his depth.

but for a player's stats to increase that means his CA has rose does it not? and vise vesa? when a players CA rise so does his stats?

when a player had reached his PA of say 175 and his shooting is 16, he's not going to be able to end up with a shooting rating of 20 as he has reached his full PA? or am i wrong?

The player with a finishing of 16 and a CA equal to his PA won't be able to end up with a finishing of 20 unless his other stats are redistributed. This can be done using the Training mechanism.

Young players are fine, and there are loads of great regens.

They just take a while to develop.

Your title suggests the game doesnt have quality youngsters - while the bulk of your post states there are decent players but not getting picked.

With regards to them not getting picked, that is a different problem altogether

You may have "the best player of his generation" and he might look quit poor, but come 23-25 years old their CA will increase dramatically, going close to their PA. Doesn't always happen but it does on most instances - you will just have to be patient with youth players.

Also IRL, Italy Manager, Lippi has a VERY old squad and is not really giving any of the under 21 stars a go. In the U21 Euro's not a single player in the Italy squad had any 1st team international experience while only a few new faces had been blooded in the Confederation Cup.

there are some good young players about and i know that because i create them using the FMRT editor, getting teams to pick them and play them is the hard bit..

i just cant play any long term game that doesn't offer the same level of difficulty as the beginning.. even i can win the prem with a championship team after 15 years lol because AI teams dont thave the sence to buy good players where as us humans buy value for money..

there is no way IRL a top team in europe would let a player with the potentiol of Ronaldo etc leave for a strugling championship team for 100k, so they can then sell him on 2 years later for 3 million, big clubs would get there first if nothing else, just look at Man U, they are ment to of signed another brazilian for around 8 mill IRL and the brazilian FA want to put a stop to it.

some people think Utd selling Ronaldo is a lose but they are such a big club they can go out and buy reputal players, if it was Bolton now selling Ronaldo then id say it was a big lose, but then again it depends what you do with the money..

"This is a well-known problem in the game. International managers seem to pick players by reputation which means the old dogs never get dropped, and youngsters never get a chance. Hopefully it will be addressed in FM10 - we've lobbied enough already!"

This is very often what happens IRL though.

I think there only needs to be a slight tweaking to the International Manager squad selection. Polar Bear makes a good point, but International Managers should be able to have a rough idea of CA of a player, then look at the current form of the player compared to the standard of league, then finally rep should come into it. But then again each manager is different, just regens dont get a shot in for a few years.

is there any factor that is fact as to why young players dont get played at club level or picked for inetrnational squad?

for the past hour i just ran a quick test, i looked at the current strikers avaiable at Newcastle and checked there PA and current reputation, using the FMRT editor i boosted one of there 17 year old striker's to have better CA and about the same reputation as the other strikers, he has been moved to the first team, played last 6 games and his squad status went from beeing a decent young player to used in a squad rotation..

I am in 2025 and still the World Player of the year is going to 30+ old stars, its just stupid.

That doesn't make sense, as it is like saying Ronaldhino (sp?) is better than Messi and C.Ronaldo which of course isn't true. Just like when Messi and C.Ronaldo are 32/33 they most likely won't be as good as a future star who is only 14/15 now and their in one of the clubs youth systems.

Archived