the differences between the different football manager games

hi i am a canadian living in america who fell in love with the fm series after a friend introuced me to fm07 and until recently i always thought the football manager was the only game of its kind. i recently discovered however that there are several other similar games (fifa manager, championship manager, premiership manager, and etc) . now first off dont get me wrong i loved fm07/fm08, love fm09 and plan to get fm10 when it come out, how ever i was wondering if somebody could provide me with a summary of the series and the pro's/con's of each one. obviously i realize that most repsonses will be at least somewhat biased because anybody posting here obviously loves/prefers the fm series.

thanks, daffyg

Championship manager (CM for short) is owned by Eidos, original CM was made by SI and Eidos, since split has been really bad (SI got the code, Eidos got the look and name), although there is high hopes by some in the community for it.

FIFA= EA soprts, lots of flash, all the licences very shiny, many features, soulless.

Premiership manager 08 version has 3.3 score off gamefaqs, enough said.

FM has problems, e.g. co-ownership bug, press conferences, AI purchasing, but it is, in my not very humble opinion, by far the best of the lot.

Google is your friend.

You can check out the Off-Topic forum for threads relating to the games but you would be best suited just using Google and checking out the reviews/previews etc.

Archived