Re-newing work permit

Hi.

I am trying to give my RB star-of-the-future, Daniel Opare, a new contract as he thinks his performances warrant a higher wage. His current contract runs out in 2 years, and he wants another 2 years on top of that. So i go to re-new it, but the contract gets blocked as the work permit application gets turned down.

Is there any I can overcome this obstacle?

Thanks.

Yeah, same problem here. Really promising kid, AM-R, I'm currently managing Leicester, he's an Aussie, WP denied when I try to renew his contract, which is running out, end of the season. Can't appeal, don't want to take over Australia, seem to be out of options, and I DON'T want to lose him!

There are a few options (I assume you are playing in UK):

1) play him in enough games that he qualifies for a WP (maybe just 89 min sub if he isn't up to starting 11)

2) loan him out to a Dutch or Belgian team where he only has to be there for 3 years (I think - don't quote me on this) to qualify for EU citizenship

3) after 5 years in the country (again don't quote me on this) he should qualify for British Citizenship, if he decides to take it up.

The bottom line, don't sign iffy non EU players and if you must, get them on long enough contracts that will allow them to qualify for citizenship!

Hi.

I am trying to give my RB star-of-the-future, Daniel Opare, a new contract as he thinks his performances warrant a higher wage. His current contract runs out in 2 years, and he wants another 2 years on top of that. So i go to re-new it, but the contract gets blocked as the work permit application gets turned down.

Is there any I can overcome this obstacle?

Thanks.

Play him regularly in the next year and then when he is in the last year of his contract try and renew it then and you might succeed. Another thing to try is let your assistant handle the contract renewals and it might happen automatically but I cant guarantee that as its only a guess on my part.

3) after 5 years in the country (again don't quote me on this) he should qualify for British Citizenship, if he decides to take it up.

Thats the problem with work permits in the game imo. A player does not have to take a second nationality if he doesn't want to and there is no way you can force or encourage him to do so. I think it would be much better if you were able to encourage a player to take up dual nationality explaining that it would be in their best interests to do so.

Thanks for the help. Well he's got 2 years left, and approx. 1000 days to gain nationallity, so that will leave me at about 300 days to go. I reckon by that time he will be pretty ****ed off at not having a renewed contract, but I reckon I will succeed in doing it then.

1) play him in enough games that he qualifies for a WP (maybe just 89 min sub if he isn't up to starting 11)

Players qualify for work permit by playing 75% of national team games over the previous two years. Playing for the club does not make him more likely to get WP afaik.

Players qualify for work permit by playing 75% of national team games over the previous two years. Playing for the club does not make him more likely to get WP afaik.

I think you may be right but there is an interesting link here http://www.workpermit.com/news/2005_08_30/uk/sports_stars.htm

The Jason Scotland thing where he had not made an impact on Scottish football may back up what I put though, if he had played enough games for the club, they may have allowed his permit renewal. I don't think SI could code all this into the game though!

Archived