becoming an icon or legend

i am real madrid and after 12 seasons i have won 11 league titles 8 spanish cups 11 spanish super cups 5 champions leagues 5 european super cups and 5 world club championships i know it is easy to win with bigger clubs but surely i should be on that list does anyone know if it is possible to get on it as this is all that is keeping me playing this save for the time being i want to be a leg---end

Good luck with that.

It's a well known fact that not many human managers get on these lists no matter how much they win, even though a few players who are at the club for just a season can get on the Icons list.

My advice is not to wait around for it, it's no big deal when it does come anyway.

i am real madrid and after 12 seasons i have won 11 league titles 8 spanish cups 11 spanish super cups 5 champions leagues 5 european super cups and 5 world club championships i know it is easy to win with bigger clubs but surely i should be on that list does anyone know if it is possible to get on it as this is all that is keeping me playing this save for the time being i want to be a leg---end

Being added to the Icons, Legends or Favoured Personel list usually requires an extraordinary achievement. FM09 doesn't consider Real Madrid winning everything as an extraordinary achievement so it's very unlikely you'll ever be added. Same goes for most clubs with a World-Wide reputation, nobody bats an eyelid if Real Madrid win the Champions League because they're favourites to win it anyway.

Winning the Champions League with a team with a National reputation like Stoke, or winning the FA Cup with someone like Kidderminister would be considered an incredible acheivement and increase the likelyhood of you being recognised by the club and added to the favoured people.

14 real madrid years:

14 titles,

about 10! spanish cups,

same super cups,

8 cl cups,

2 euro cups,

atleast 8 euro supercups,

8 world clup cups.

youl be waiting a long time, lol i never even made the favoured persons list even thought i got a new stadis named after me.

Being added to the Icons, Legends or Favoured Personel list usually requires an extraordinary achievement. FM09 doesn't consider Real Madrid winning everything as an extraordinary achievement so it's very unlikely you'll ever be added. Same goes for most clubs with a World-Wide reputation, nobody bats an eyelid if Real Madrid win the Champions League because they're favourites to win it anyway.

Winning the Champions League with a team with a National reputation like Stoke, or winning the FA Cup with someone like Kidderminister would be considered an incredible acheivement and increase the likelyhood of you being recognised by the club and added to the favoured people.

This is what annoys me about my Sunderland save for the past 4 years I have won every competition I entered. I have won the champions league 5 times and the league 6 times but am not even on the favoured personel. With Nantwich Town I took them from BSN to EPL so that obviously resulted in me being a legend.

14 real madrid years:

14 titles,

about 10! spanish cups,

same super cups,

8 cl cups,

2 euro cups,

atleast 8 euro supercups,

8 world clup cups.

youl be waiting a long time, lol i never even made the favoured persons list even thought i got a new stadis named after me.

Even what swisso stated, I think achievements like that should make managers legends at the club. Not only for what they have won, but the length of time at the club and what has been achieved in that time. Im in the same position and its annoying, but the new stadium named after me was a nice treat. In the message it said, 'it will be built in honour of the club's greatest manager', so therefore I should be at least favored personnel.

it's a bug. pure and simple.

people are favoured personnel, even at the big clubs, that have not done a great deal.

it DEFINITELY needs tweakling for FM10 as it's all part of the experience being recognised by the game.

a few league titles with real madrid should put you on the icons list. or at LEAST favoured personnel.

It's a problem that's existed for years, hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I've never actually seen any new people added to Icons or Legends, only Favoured Personnel.

And I've broken the goals and appearances record with the same player so that would've done it had it worked properly...

thinks of your arguments this way.

a player joins a club for 1 season & is instantly put on the list & leaves after that season & stays on the list?. "go figure"

--

i had 2 players with me at the begining all the way to the end of my real time. 14 years. 1 was scottish & the other brazilian with spanish as 2nd nat.

now the brazilian got put right up there with raul in the ledgends section while the scot stayed in the favoured personel. even thought he played over 100 games more aswell as haveing higher ratings & is the clubs alltime top scorer.

you could say its a nationality thing but cassilas, torres, ramos, ronaldo, fabregass al where at the club & none of them got put up.

cassilas ended up as all trime capped player with 600+ apps & never got put up...

i say Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr haha

I have a young player who managed to make the favoured list after making just 18 starts in two seasons then going out on loan. He's on there amongst players who have scored 100 goals for the club so he looks a bit out of place.

I am in the legends list though :cool:

Why the hell ahvent SI fixed this? How hard is it to write this piece of code: ' if x's cups/year ratio is 1> for 10 years legend status is applied to x' . In other words you win 10 league titles in a row with anyone on the ****ing planet you will be considered a legend/icon/god.

• 3 weeks later...

"Not a major problem but it sure is annoying when you're in the club's favored personnel one day and the next day when you leave the club they forget all about you."

This. Happened on my FM07 game :/

In 09, though, I haven't even made the Favoured Personnel at Millwall. 10 years at the club getting from League One to the UEFA Cup and making us the 11th-richest club in the world, and I'm not on the list while a Slovakian who spent 3 years at the club is :S

I took over Reading just 18 months ago in the game, they were 19th in december and heading for relegation. Since I took them over, they won the FA Cup that season and I went on an amazing run of victories and finished 2nd, 5 points behind Liverpool (my old club). Now in my 1st full season as Reading manager, I've just won the double, the League cup & Premier League title, yet I still dont appear even on the favourite personel list. I doubt I will even if I win the FA Cup & Champions League.

Pretty unfair considering I took them from 19th to England & European Champions within 18 months.

if you use FMRTE you can go to your clubs page and check for your name in the "Relations" thing.. I think you need at least 50 "points" to enter the list..

I don't know what minimum you need but 100 to be Legend.

This really annoys me. I've taken Macclesfield from the bottom of League Two, to winning the Champions League yet, as most people seem to get, favoured personnel is the highest I've gotten.

In the mean time, it seems the likes of Sammy McIlroy has had a stadium named after him, is a club legend, and did nothing but managed to keep them in the football league.

Archived