[FM09] A United Kingdom Journey + American Samoan dream

Saxonaitor

Thanks to Neji and the mods for making this forum happen!

Lets start with the setup then shall we:

Patch 9.3 No Edits made

Leagues,

All English, Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish leagues on a small database.

I started unemployed and planned a holday to 1st January 2009. However this was cut off in Early November on account of how many jobs had been lost over the past few months. I arrived in this FM world with several jobs avaidable, Some from memory include Tramere Rovers and two N Irish second division teams.

Just as Tramere rejected my offer Havant & Waterlooville became avaidable in the BSS. Seeing it as not to low or high, a perfect place to start and I applied. They accepted and Thus my Managerial Career begins with Havant & Waterlooville.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16th November 2008:

Havant & Waterlooville were sitting in 13th place when I took over and my first game in charge was an 3rd round Qualifying tie for the FA trophy against Eastwood Town. Hardly glamorous for my first game. I looked through my squad, and it looked capable for BSS top 10 at least. Looking then at my media prediction, it was 1st. GULP...

Final Score at Coronation Park, Eastwood

Eastwood Town 0-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Paul Booth 61)

Can't remenber a whole heap about this game as it was maybe a week ago now but we controlled the match and got the goal and never looked like getting another. On to the league!!

25th November 2008

After beating Eastwood my hopes were high leading into my next game against a team in the realgation zone, Fisher Athletic. Looking at my fianances, my transfer budget was empty and my wage budget was clear by £200. I enquired about another parent club to the board before my match.

Final Score at Wesleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Webb 36) 1-1 Fisher Athletic (Beckford 72)

A game I felt we could of won with a nice goal from Webb early but from the start of the second half we were dominated and lost the goal. Fisher then shut of shop and looked happy with the draw.

Saturday 29th November 2008

After drawing with Fisher, I knew a win against Braintree would boost my confidence to take Havant through the rest of the season. We had slipped down a place to 15th whilst the "Iron" were hovering around 10th place. I started scouting around for unattached wingers wanted low, low contracts.

I found two, Reynolds a N Irish left winger with good stats but rubbish pace and Hughes, a Welsh Right Winger with good pace and reasonble stats for the league. I signed both to boost my options on the wings. On to Braintree then,

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville 1-0 Braintree Town (Webb 72)

Side Note: This result took me by suprise just now, I thought I lost it. :D

The only goal, scored by Webb, was a great goal, the best whilst my time in charge a stunner from outside the area. Both my new signings were still discussing contracts at this point in time so they didn't play.

Can I find the energy to continue any more tonight?

Thanks a lot Godz5 appreicated :)

6th December 2008

After my first win in charge I was happy but I had to look ahead. My team, now sitting in 12th place, faced Thurrock sitting pleasently in mid table. I thought I should look to get a least a point in this away fixture.... But what really happened?

I trialled the two wingers I mentioned earlier and was till busy deciding their fate when the Thurrock game came around.

Final Score at Ship Lane, Thurrock

Thurrock (Ademola 12, Stadart 26, Anderson 45, Paine 89)4-1 Havant & Waterlooville 1 (Webb 69):(

Well I was humilated by this one. Our defence was appaling from the off. 2nd goal was caused by a clearence (If you can call it that) and never made it past our own penalty box!!:mad:

After being 3-0 down at half time Webb gave me hope at 3-1. At this point in time he was my top scorer under my reign and he was in my favour. That was to change though. 4-1 It finished and I had to think very carefully about my next fixture, the FA Trophy 1st Round against Burscough.

13th December 2008

Before Burscough rolled around I had to think about some things in my team. The top goalscorer Booth had been less than satisfactory and I replaced him for the Burscough clash with Nightingale a striker who had only just returned from injury. The new wingers were also drafted into the side to form a new team had would humble Burscough (I hoped)

Bursough were sitting in the relagation zone of the BSN and I looked to beat thm comfortabally in front of their own supporters.

Full Time at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Nightingale 40) 1-1 Bursough (McGregor 64)

Well humble I did not do. I was pleased with Nightingale who headed the only goal in but alas got injured in the 89th minute. This was only for 5 days though. My new signings performed well, Hughes (AMR) better than Reynolds (AML) which i somewhat suspected due to Reynolds lack of pace.

To the Replay!!!

17th December 2008

Only 3 days on from the first match, I was due to face Burscough again, this time away and my mind was worried. If I only drew with them at home, what would happen away from home?

In other news the board agreed I could choose a new parent club in chose in Reading, A club at the top of the Championship. It was to be the moment that would defiy the next month. Reading offered to loan out their 18 year old Iclandic striker to me his name being Illugason. My Assistant reckoned he was the best striker in the squad and what better place to trial him than in a cup match! The FA Trophy meant little to the league competition.

Full Time at Victoria Park, Burscough

Burscough 0-3 Havant & Waterlooville (Illugason 59, Boswell OG 69, Oatway 83)

What a Perfomance! We did really well in this match, dominating possesion all the way through was was gifted with my loanee getting a goal on debut. He looked like he would be the make or break for this season by the looks of it. An own goal followed by my assistant manager getting in on the action. Once again Happy going back into the league.:)

Would hate to write this all for nothing guys! Comments welcome good or bad!

Thanks to everyone that posted. (Evan the Indifferent ones :D)

To continue now where were we

20th December 2008

After my cup sucess I have to admit I looked away from the 4-1 thrasing at Thurrock which still was in my mind. Next up was Bromley, another mid table team which I hoped to beat. As it was coming up to January I had to look towards signings still scouting around loanee club and the unattached market, I looked but did not find any major bargins. On to Bromley we go:

Final Score at Hayes Lane, Bromley

Bromley (May12,61) 2-2 Havant &Waterlooville (Illugason 21, Booth 33)

Before the match at the press conference, it was said that May would be the danger man. How right they were. May scored both of the goals and always looked deadly for my defence. Illugason scored again to rate him our most valuble player in my eyes. Booth, our top goalscorer from earlier in the season contributed as well. A good away draw in my eyes. (

I'm enjoying this Saxonaitor, keep on going :thup: Hopefully with your thread and maybe a few others, this can really prove that people want a careers forum and not just a careers thread :D

I hope it doesn't get closed :thdn:

26th December 2008

On our Boxing day clash, we faced St Albans at home. My search for loanees intensified with the making of offers towords two of Watfords star youths. Watford accept both of my offers but will the youngsters accept their contracts? Out of my other two signings on the wing, welshman Hughes has been the standout, playing every game so far and is a constant hazard to emeny defences. Reynolds however has been relagated to the reserves, his lack of pace evident. St Albans were in the top 10 of the league and we faced a tough task. We had dropped two places to 16th and of the 22 teams in the league, we were feeling the pressure of the relagation zone.

Final score at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville 0-0 St Albans

Twas a boring boxing match game, with no punch about it. (My Faint attempt at humor there :D) Hughes again man of the match proving to be a very good signing. Next up for me was AFC Wimbeldon, who were cruising in first place. GULP...

Thanks Raware and duckers54 nice to see people enjoying it and NotWordsButDeeds for his interesting comment :D

3rd January 2009

Side Note: Just realised all other dates are 2008 :D (Will Change That)

Side Side Note: More commentry from here on in my game can be found here :http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=118314&page=16

Right then next up was AFC Wimbeldon who in first by a margin, I was not expecting much to come out of it. I went in not expecting much and what did I get:

Final Score at the Fan's Stadium, Kingsmeadow, Kingston upon Thames

AFC Wimbeldon (Kedwell 56, Main 69) 2-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Illuguston 88)

Well in all terms not a bad loss. Preformed super in the first half and we were unlucky to not get a goal. After half time however it was an different story. Main was the danger but Kedwell snuck in from a pass to make it 1-0 then Main chipped in 2-0. Went All Out Attack and managed a consolation from my loanee again. What a Forced signing that was :D. Sitting 17th after this and in danger on the "Zone". We need a win here.

Hursty, Raware and ?Wiltastic? thanks for the encouragement.

10th January 2009

No loanees want to join me from Premier League so I have given up that avenue. No unattached players to jump out at me but I am still scouting around. Net up was the FA Trophy again and this time I had my most hardest opposition, Altricham in the BSP. To be Honest I was expecting a 3-0, 4-0, 5-0 scoreline as I felt my squad did not meet BSP standards. My only encouragement was that Altricham were in the relagation zone. Would this help?

Final Score at Moss Lane, Altricham

Altricham (Deneham 5!) 1-0 Havant & Waterlooville

I was pleasently suprised about this result in fact. Memory tells me that we were domiated in the first 20 minutes as shown by the goal but from that it was evan. Webb started and failed, he has lost my respect after poor perfomances despite the goals in all of his matches. He is now on the transfer list and I may consider releasing him. Trying to work out a forward combo that works with Illugason. Next up bottom club Hayes & Yeading where I must grab the three points.

Two more and i'm up to date with myself.

14th January 2009

Hayes & Yeading was a must win for me, I was growing less confident my the match of my team and my capabilities as manager. Dosen't look like I will get any new signings in this transfer window. Anyways on to the match.

Final Score at Church Road, Hayes (Middlesex)

Hayes & Yeading (Purcell 8, Allen-Page 47) 2-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Illugason 16)

:eek::mad:

Man I am disapointed, we crashed and burned here. Going behind after 8 minutes after some sloppy defending we got back to my relief thanks to Illugason. Finished of the half in control. Went out again and immeaditly went behind due to a defender!! Couldn't score after that and I went off at the players after that, prompting this remark:

http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/Saxonaitor/?action=view&current=HayesYeadingvsHavantAftermath.jpg

Maybe you could start another thread to discuss that there?

no, no use starting one myself when I am this far into the game, just wouldn't make sense. And it's ok, I am sort of reading his updated posts.

The Last one before i'm up to date. Here goes:

17th January 2009

After my loss to Hayes & Yeading, I felt like doing it again. I felt like I had been cheated but I kept true and saved. Next up was Hampton & Richmond, a team in 13th place whilst me, now in 18th felt like I would have a tricky time. Booth earned a place back in the first team along side Illugason. My media Prediction of 1st was dead and buried and the best I could hope for was a play off place. A possible new addition in Snodin (MC) could be in the cards, I have offered a contract but lets wait and see on that.

Havant & Waterlooville (Illugason 24,35 Taggart 87) 3-0 Hampton & Richmond

What can I say. We deserved this win down to to every second. Booth and Illugason were brilliant up front making finishing and creating lots of oppurtunities. Everyone combined brilliantly to form a deadly alliance. Beautiful, now we wait and go to Bath, who we beat 4-0 when I was not here as manager.

Table As Follows: http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/Saxonaitor/?action=view&current=BlueSquareSouth20thJanuary09.png

That is it for today I think Hope this sets your appetite for more :D

Apologies for being slightly off topic but this thread is the perfect example of why there should be a sub forum for career's.

If more people post like this then I think it will be inevitable that they will create one. Nice posts btw.

24th January 2009

After the great win against Hampton & Richmond, I sat back and scouted for more players, Snodin, the midfieder from previous post, signed instead for Gateshead. That was a slight blow but cushioned by the fact that Hamed, a striker from Tottenham offer that I put in for him has been accepted. I wait anxiously for his acceptance or denial. Next up on the games front was Bath City in 8th place. I was optimistic, evan away from home due to the fact we had beaten them 4-0 previously.

Final Score at Twenten Park, Bath

Bath City (Gilroy 79) 1-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Hawthorne 71 Pen)

An evan game to say the least. We should of taken the lead early when my left and centre back missed easy chances. Bath were exploited down the flanks we I tried to take advantage of but nothing ever happened really. After half time, Bath were down to 10 men. I straight away changed to a 4-3-3 and pushed and got my reward on 71 minutes when my right back scored from a penalty. Bath then pushed and I was caught. As I was changing my formation, they scored. We then tried to attack but we were evan. we now drop down to 17th.

Thanks Hursty2 for the encouragement. By the Way do Check his thread out. It promises to be very good.

Anyway back on track.

27th January 2009

After the draw against Bath that should of been a win. I got back to find that Hamed from Tottenham had rejected my contract offer. I had really been expecting it and I was not unsettled by his rejection. My scout came back from his searches for talent around England. I checked through and found a nice AMC. Priced at 1k but eith with with £0 in the kitty I went and offered one of my players. They came back and said to my suprise that "Thurrock want nothing for this young AMC. I hope to snatch him up before the transfer window ends. On to the game then. Next up was Eastleigh 6 spots above me in 10th. The odds were on my side however and this is how it played out:

Havant & Waterlooville (Booth 84) 1-0 Eastleigh

Well, Well, Well this was again an evan battle. Although more boring than Bath. It seems my players have trouble heading a ball as all the time my attacks look like this. Goalie~Left/Right Back~Winger~Cross~Fail. The highlight was undoubtably when Booth scored the winner witha shot from just outside the box which rattled the post and then in. Just marvelous! :D. We are now up to 14th spot on the ladder and we hope to improve with time.

Table: bluesquaresouth27thjanu.png

This isnt a carrer, this is a story which should be in the stories forum.

A carear would only have 2 or 3 updates a seaon. You are writing something on each game which is a story

Fair point there but if you want I could post this there and see how it goes.

An update every two or three months sound ideal but I play my game slowly eg this game 2 months = 2 weeks and a update every two weeks would bore everyone :D

Thanks for your continued support guys :D

It actually has more detail than my In Guus We Trust story, in the stories forum. If you want to continue the way your are, post it in the stories forum, if you don't want to post in the stories forum, change to monthly updates rather than match reports. You could always go into as much depth as you currently are, but do it on a monthly basis and that way spread it out.

On to my last match report post before I move to monthly updates. Thanks again for all of your support!

31st January 2009

After the late win at Easrleigh, I felt an encouragement to continue with Havant. After my original statement saying that most probably no one would be brought during January, I signed a 22 year old AMC named Docker from Thurrock. I felt we needed someone to cover AMC as I sometimes use a diamond in my 4-4-2's. Next up oppostion wise was 6th place Maidenhead at home. I went in on top and confident of a win.

Havant & Waterlooville (Williams OG 12) 1-1 Maidenhead (Pacquette 43)

A game where once again both sides could of come out the victor. We were dominating for the first 30-40 minutes of the first half but let it slide to be 1-1 at half time. After half time we swapped chances and we came close to scoring in the 78 minute but Maidenhead had their fair share of chances as well, having a goal (before it was scored) disallowed for offiside. We move down a spot to 15th and look to be 10th at the end of the season.

Side Note: My job status is now "Insecure"

Archived