Bored... Not me, my players!

After another successful season of winning nearly everything and playing brilliantly freeflowing football, 5 (yes 5!) of my most most expensive, homegrown talented, best players that are all integral to my team and the style of football that we play have decided they're bored now and want a new challenge!

Utter gits.

They've all been given new contracts to try and pacifiy them but it hasn't lasted and now they are all annoyed because I'm rejecting bids for them - I wanted them to be club legends and stay here for their whole career and repay the faith and time and effort I've put in them to get them to where they are now.

:(:(:(

It takes a certain type of player mentality to want to sty at one club.

Steven Gerard, Paulo Maldini, Paul McStay, Jamie Carraghar etc etc they all have the same mentality.

Out of all my homegrown stars (I've a similar story to yours) only 2 have wanted to stay their whole careers - Aiden McGeadey and Stephen McDonnell (I had Aiden tutor Stephen very early in his career - might have something to do with it).

The rest all had what you describe. I held on to the ones I wanted for as long as possible. It's a head ache but it's part of the game.

I had the same problem with West Ham. I beat them all to it though , i went looking for a new challenge! Athletico Madrid is my new fotress. Although i spend more time studying the Premier League table rather than the La Liga table , hoping that West Ham suffer , or rather the players suffer!

Archived