Contract Trouble

I'm currently playing as Inter in 2010 and Zlatan Ibrahimovic only has a little less than two years left on his contract. I keep trying to offer him a contract extension but he is looking for 190,000 pounds per week, and the board will only allow me to offer 145k per week. I tried offering a yearly wage rise, higher appearance and goal bonuses, etc. but to no avail.

Is there anything I can do? I am 700k under my wage budget so I don't see why they won't just let me pay him what he's currently being paid. As it stands I think I'm resigned to selling him while I can still get proper money for him.

Any suggestions would begreat :thup:

He is on £190k already so getting him to lower his expectations is hard. Also even though you may be £700k under wage budget your budget may be ridiculuously high, check how much money you are making or losing month by month, that may be it.

If you are not offering him "indispensible to the club" do that, as it will increase the mmax allowable up to a (maybe) acceptable level.

If you can't get him to sign now you can do two things 1) run down his contract in the hopes you can offer him a better deal in the future, or that he will accept the wage reduction. This is very risky as his value will go down and if you wait to the last six months clubs will be looking at him. or

2) sell now get £25m+ for him, buy a good youn striker on half the wages & for half the price. You lose your best player (based on Inter's current squad) but you might get in better, and if you are shrewd you will make a profit.

Archived