Fine financially, but not according to game

Got a slightly odd one here. Managing Austrian First Division team Parndorf, we have about 500k Euros in the bank and are making very minor losses each month (5-10k usually), so I'd say we're fine financially. Yet the game lists us as 'insecure' and every time it says something about one of our players follows it up with the "not one of the top earners but should the reported financial crisis worsen..." line. Anyone else had this?

Has the club got any loan debts? The only thing I can think of is that because its such a small amount, your club is seen as being one that doesn't have a secure long term future, if that trend were to continue over the next 4/5 years your resources would dwindle, without factoring in other expenses such as buying players etc.

Aye, you could be onto something there. There is a loan being paid off, I think it's to finance a new ground. It seems to be pretty well-worked - 60% of the loan cost is being covered by the new stadium sponsorship - but I guess I'll have to sell one or two of my young stars. Hey ho, no more than I expected!

Archived