Obtaining a work permit for a player you have already signed

Guys

I have recently signed a young Brazilian called Ronny from Sporting in Portugal. He had issues obtaining a work permit and my mate accidentally confirmed the transfer even though the player never had a work permit! This now means I have a player with great potential who I can't play due to him not having a work permit.

Some of Ronny's stats are as follows:

• Age - 24
  • Nationality - Brazilian
  • Uncapped for Brazil (I think this could be a big problem!)
  • Days left till he becomes a Portuguese national - 165 (Previously played for Sporting)
  • Days left till he becomes a British national - 1819 (About 5 years!)

I think the major problem here is that the player has not yet been capped by Brazil. Luckily my mate is playing as Porto so I could loan him to Porto for the 165 days he needs to become a Portuguese national and then I should have no problem getting a work permit because he wouldn't need 1!

Does anybody know of any tricks to getting uncapped non EU players work permits? Otherwise the only solution I can see (other than selling him) is to loan him to Porto.

Any help / advice would be appreciated!

Re-new his contract. This will mean you can apply for a work permit again. Otherwise just loan him too any Portugese club for 4 months then recall him and he'll have Portugese nationality which means he wont need a work permit anymore.

Re-new his contract. This will mean you can apply for a work permit again. Otherwise just loan him too any Portugese club for 4 months then recall him and he'll have Portugese nationality which means he wont need a work permit anymore.

An he might also get called up by Portugal, and decide to switch nationality.

Archived