Retired Shirt for the Fans

I've just become the VFL Bochum manager in my career save.

On the squad number selection I noticed a message I hadn't seen before in the bit where it states any information about shirt numbers that have been retired.

"The number 12 has been retired for the Bochum supporters." (Maybe not exact words - game isn't loaded up at the mo - but it was basically that message).

This is the first time I've seen this - I've seen it for specific, legendary players before at clubs but never for the fans. I thought it was nice touch and, even knowing nothing about VFL Bochum, gives me a big impression of a club that is big in its community.

Does anybody know of any other clubs where a number has been retired for the supporters - or anything else other than players?

I have heard of it before, I just didn't know so many clubs had actually retired the shirt - and on my save game I began at Pompey - but it didn't have that same message as the Bochum one for the squad number selection.

I know about loads retired for legendary players - but this is the first club I've seen it done for the fans on fm - obviously their info should be correct so it must be an official shirt retirement - maybe other clubs say they've retired the shirt, yet really they just don't select it when choosing numbers, which is not an official retirement. Cheeky so and so's!

13 is for the Fans at faithful Carrow Road!! Home of the All Awsome Canaries Norwich City

Have a look at The "My Career" Threads In GD by Saxaonaitor and Hursty2

Doesn't Delia wear the number 12 - "Where are you?....Let's be having you...." There's a lesson to all you kids in not having a glass of wine or 3 on an empty stomach!

Archived