Giggs and Neville earning to much

Hello - my second season has ended with Man United, Giggs and Neville decided to retire and I signed them as coaches where I offered the same as they were earning as players and also what they demanded. When offering them 50,000 and 60,000 in wages I thought that they would demand much lesser when they did retire but after 4 months as coaches in my staff they still demand those huge wages. What can I do about it?

If you terminate their contracts they won't want to resign for Man Utd so i wouldn't suggest doing something like that. Best advice is to just keep offering them new contracts at much lower wages and see if they accept? Or wait till their contract runs down to 0 and it moves to "rolling monthly contract" and offer them a new deal then?

Normally when a player has announced his retirement, or you offer him a coaching role before he's left the club, he'll demand the same wage that he's currently on. If you waited until his contract expires, his demands will be that of a normal coach.

I know it doesn't help you telling you this now, but you'll know for the future

Archived