When do you hard tackle players?

Always :p

I usually hard tackle wingers to bring them down, depends who it is though, i always hard tackle strikers, and one of the centre mids (the weaker one) and the weaker centre back.

If its Ronaldo.

Haha! Love it.

I hard tackle when their bravery and strength arent particularly good. Also if their fitness level is low or they are injured. I also hard-tackle if its the type of player that could dominate the game.

• 2 months later...

I usually try to find a low composure-tired defender in opposition and set the OI for weaker foot, closing down always and hard tackle. This is to try to wear a weak link down and also benefit from a mistake.

I do the same with every player in my opponent's midfield, to wear their midfielders down and win the midfield battle - including wingers and AMCs when it's the case.

I never hard tackle strikers.

Oh, and I also hard tackle specific players if they get one of my players injured. Set my fiercest player to go after him, just for the sake of revenge.

I'm playing as Fiorentina at the moment; the end of the season comes, and I'm two points behind Juve; I also play Juve in the last match of the season, so if I win that I win Serie A. As luck would have it, I'm also in the finals of the Copa Italia about four days before that final game, also against Juve.

At first I play the Copa Italia to win, but as the game drags on I'm realizing that Juventus players are dropping like flies. Two of them are carrying knocks and playing through them, one of them was carted off, and another four are on really low stamina. Realizing that even a minor, 3-5 day injury will keep a player out of the more important game a few days later, I start hard tackling pretty much everyone under 80% fitness.

Unfortunately for Juve, the game goes to extra time; by the end of extra time, they had eight men on the field and three men playing with injuries. All of those injuries stuck, too, so when I played them the next Sunday they were without six starters. I won that 4-0.

Even though the injuries started before I told everyone to tackle hard, I like to think that my fantastic managerial decision to hack the crap out of Juventus won me Serie A. ;)

Archived