European qualifiers

Ok, in my current save Wolves have just qualified for the Euro Cup and have played their first game in the First Round Qualifying. Nothing strange? Well it is if you consider that they finished bottom of the Premier League and went out of the League Cup and FA Cup at the Fourth Round stage. I thought maybe they had qualified for the Euro Cup through winning the Euro Vase but that hasn't been scheduled since 2009. This is their first year in Europe so they haven't won the Euro Cup last year to qualify as holders. So, i'm wondering two things -

- Why have Wolves qualified for the Euro Cup?

and

- Why has only one season of the Euro Vase been played out?

Am i missing something completley here or is it a problem with my save?

To clarify, i started my save on 9.2.0 and then upgraded to 9.3.0 about 4/5 seasons into my save so that's why the Euro Cup is still the Euro Cup and not the Europa League.

Any help would be much appreciated :thup:

Thanks for your quick responses :thup:

Maybe they've won the fairplay award?

Does winning the Fairplay award qualify you for Europe? I wasn't sure it did.

Europ Vase is the Intertoto Cup which as of 2009 isnt in use anymore.

Everyday's a school day, i didn't know it had been scrapped.

I think the Europa League continues to be called the Euro Cup in FM due to licensing issues. I don't know if any teams qualify for the Europa through the fair play league, but that's my only guess too.

So with the Europa League still being called the Euro Cup in FM does it still take the same format as the Euro Cup?

Does winning the Fairplay award qualify you for Europe? I wasn't sure it did.

Yep.

So with the Europa League still being called the Euro Cup in FM does it still take the same format as the Euro Cup?

The format changes, just not the name.

So how can i view the winner of the Fairplay award in FM? I was under the impression that the winner of the Fairplay award (country) was allocated another European spot for their league and then another two were drawn out of a hat to determine which other country gets another European spot.

I know it's a news item but i don't know how you can see it. The countries indeed get an extra european spot. This one goes to the team with the best fair play rating that's not qualified for europe.

Ok thanks :thup: That seems to be the only explanation as to why Wolves (now Championship) are in Europe.

Thanks for everyone's quick help :thup: :thup: :thup:

Archived