Do English clubs get too far in the champions league?

I've just finished my first season with chelsea and reached the champo league quarters after losing to barcelona

if i had progressed to the semis, it would have been all english

i know it seems like reality, and in that way it is good, but do we progress too far in the champions league??

A few years into the game (2023/4) and the final is Paris S. Germain vs Celtic. I've had Lyon, Wolfsburg, Sporting Lisbon and Panathinaikos lifting the trophy, apart from the sprinkling of the usual big guns (Milan, Inter, Juve, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. winning it themselves...

But I do feel the dominance of English clubs.

I can see what you mean, but looking at mine english teams are doing just the same as they have been in real life

2009 - Real Madrid - Runners up Chelsea

2010 - Manchester United - runners up inter

2011 - Manchester United - Runners up paris saint german

2012 - Roma - Runners up manchester City

2013 - Barcelona - Runners up real madrid

2014 - Real madrid - Runners up Arsenal

So just as much spanish dominance as english there really and in the 6 real life years previous theres been exactly the same amount of winners and runners up with english clubs. Its just man united winning it twice in a row that makes that statistic less realistic.

Mine are no longer dominated by english clubs, the focus has shifted. I do forsee a return especially with my youngsters maturing fast as whenever i seem to put together a good squad, tottenham and chelsea always seem to match me.

2020 btw and tottenham and villa are in top 4 regularly

English clubs have dominated in recent years. It also might be to do with which leagues you have loaded, as if you don't load the Spanish leagues then the Spanish teams tend to deteriorate slightly.

As manager of Barcelona in my second season I beat Leverkusen 2-0 in the final was quite suprised to se rthem get that far. English teams in real life are getting to the semi finals alot so on the game its realistic.

A few years into the game (2023/4) and the final is Paris S. Germain vs Celtic. I've had Lyon, Wolfsburg, Sporting Lisbon and Panathinaikos lifting the trophy, apart from the sprinkling of the usual big guns (Milan, Inter, Juve, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc. winning it themselves...

But I do feel the dominance of English clubs.

That doesn't seem very realistic, Lyon, possibly but Wolfsburg/Lisbon/Pana.. lifting the trophy in real life, I don't think so.

It could well be the leagues that you play in have an effect on the Euro Cups and their is a bias towards them. I have just managed Newcastle, Villa and Spurs and they were in the Semis of both Euro cups with Arsenal and Man City. The last two Super Cups have had 2 English teams in them each.

English teams have always had at least 1 rep in semi for last 3-5 years going by memory here.

Final, actually.

2005- Liverpool

2006- Arsenal

2007- Liverpool

2008- Manchester United, Chelsea (semis- Liverpool)

2009- Manchester United (semis- Liverpool, Chelsea)

Final, actually.

2005- Liverpool

2006- Arsenal

2007- Liverpool

2008- Manchester United, Chelsea (semis- Liverpool)

2009- Manchester United (semis- Liverpool, Chelsea)

2009 was Arsenal and Chelsea in the semi finals, by the way.

But yeah, England are represented in some way in the Final. :)

Archived