The Trick To Football Manager?

To be honest i am struggling with the game, i cant properly get into it,

this has got me thinking that i am not taking certain aspects of the game seriously.

For example press conferences, team talks and tactics.

I am looking for advise on these and other important topics in Fm so i can fully enjoy the game,

also i understand that some people may tell me to use the correct fourum for tactics and team talks,

but i am looking for general quides hints and tips (no cheats) to help me get back into the game i love.

Thanks people.

I wouldn't worry about press conferences mate, in general all I ever do is give the second most positive answer, and that's fine.

For team talks, I can't remember which forum they're in, but there are some useful team talk guides, especially Wolfsong's for FM08, which is still valid for 09. Just try a few searches in various forums.

If you are struggling for tactics, go to the tactics forum, there are quite a few popular tactics that should help, but there are also helpful guides and threads for creating your own if you want to.

Press conferences are stupid, I send my assistant manager to every single one now because I can't be bothered with pointlessy answering the questions as if your answer means something more complex than

Very positive

Positive

neutral

Negative

Very Negative

Complete and utter waste of time tbh

To be honest i am struggling with the game, i cant properly get into it,

this has got me thinking that i am not taking certain aspects of the game seriously.

For example press conferences, team talks and tactics.

I am looking for advise on these and other important topics in Fm so i can fully enjoy the game,

also i understand that some people may tell me to use the correct fourum for tactics and team talks,

but i am looking for general quides hints and tips (no cheats) to help me get back into the game i love.

Thanks people.

If you take a look at the tactics and training tips forum you will find out how to better understand the game but it is very unlikely you will find out any "cheats" or methods of being successful 100% of the time.

As for tactics, my advice would be to start off with a basic formation and neutral slider settings and use your pre-season friendlies to figure out the sliders and tactical options. They all tend to do exactly what they say but they do it through the players attributes rather than doing it by what you personally might expect.

Teamtalks and Press Conferences are deceptive. They look pretty basic and simple but they are actually very powerful for affecting your players Motivation and Morale. If Motivation increases your players perform better, if Morale increases they become happier and give you the manager more leeway in what you can say and do, like criticising them or dropping them for a game or two. They are also important for keeping your players on their toes and making sure they do not become complacent and ambivelant. A lot of managers have a habit of saying the same things all the time and then in the middle of season two they simply cannot get their players interested or motivated at all. This is because their players have become complacent and have not been kept on the ball.

Yeah, if you don't take tactics seriously you won't succeed. If it's an area of the game that doesn't interest you, this is probably the wrong game for you.

I don't take tactics seriously, so much infact that I'm using the same tactic I used in FM08. Still having great success in both England & Spain !

Press conferences : 2nd most positive answer.

Save your tactics so when you have your usual line-up you don't have to spend ages editing it. Team talk just ask assistant or set to 'for the fans'. Never fails...

One big hint that quite a few people don't know about is never give any players signing on fees - it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever!

This isn't the tactical genius you might've been looking for, but it will save you millions a season...

Yeah, if you don't take tactics seriously you won't succeed. If it's an area of the game that doesn't interest you, this is probably the wrong game for you.
One big hint that quite a few people don't know about is never give any players signing on fees - it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever!

This isn't the tactical genius you might've been looking for, but it will save you millions a season...

But what if there is a superstar that wont join your club ? this sign on fee might persuade him, especially if he is after easy money

The main problem is understanding what the game is trying to say.

As an example, I thought time wasting was running to the corners and kicking the ball out of play when in actual fact, it just makes players not "rush about" so much.

Reading the Tactical Theorums and Frameworks in the tac forum explained a lot and made me enjoy the game more. IT ALSO MADE ME A TACTICAL BEHEMOTH DOOM-LORD!!"!£%$((£$4444488888888877777!!1111one

Archived