An Epic Match

The stakes were high in this match between two fierce rivals, the winner would go top and would be ever closer to claiming the title but nobody expected this.

EPIC.jpg

I thought I'd won when Vidic scored, I was ecstatic only 3 minutes later they equalised. My livid excitement suddenly plummited knowing that they would still be one point ahead of me going into the last few games of the season.

Leaguetable2.jpg

Arsenal are creeping up with two games in hand and can take the lead and Chelsea aren't far off so it looks like its gonna be a four horse race for the title.

Chelsea's next games:

A Everton

A Fulham

H Bolton

A Birmingham

H Arsenal

H Wigan

A Newcastle

H Sunderland

Arsenal's next games:

H Tottenham

A Sunderland

H Man City

A Liverpool

H Blackburn

A Chelsea

A Aston Villa

H Preston

A Middlesbrough

Liverpool's Next Games:

A Fulham

A Portsmouth

H Arsenal

A Everton

H Bolton

A Birmingham

H Wigan

Man Utd's(me) Next games:

H Blackburn

H Tottenham

A Aston Villa

H Preston

A Middlesbrough

H Reading

A Portsmouth

Sorry for the long post just thought I'd share my excitement seen as though we don't have a careers sub-forum.:thup:

I'm a Liverpool fan so I'm cheering for the Anfield boys, sorry mate;)
@ Nene, it wouldn't surprise me but the highly overrated Newcastle will probably steam through :D

@ DB1, haha I doubt they'll win :)

liverpool have no chance db1! i'm sure hursty will be doing everything in his 'power' to ensure liverpool dont finish top...

...i forsee a lot of saving and reloading! :D

liverpool have no chance db1! i'm sure hursty will be doing everything in his 'power' to ensure liverpool dont finish top...

...i forsee a lot of saving and reloading! :D

haha I've already had a crash happen last night so had to replay three games this morning all ending in the same wins but before that both Chelsea and Liverpool lost and it put me 5 points clear at the top whereas now I'm 1 behind:mad:

Sorry for the long post just thought I'd share my excitement seen as though we don't have a careers sub-forum.

Yep, this would look great in your own thread in the career's forum ;):D;):D

I'm suprised no one has said a derby is a match between local rivals, not fierce rivals

I suppose but it is Lancashire VS Merseyside which are pretty close together. But for you happiness I'll edit my post:p

Well its all over now and we're CHAMPIONS!

FinalTable.jpg

On the last day I lost to Portsmouth 3-1 and if Arsenal were to beat Middlesbrough they would have won the title, its lucky they didn't though :p And Liverpool were out of the title race with two games to go but took their revenge on me by beating me in the CL Semi 3-2 on aggregate, the punishing blow coming in the last minute of extra time :thdn:

Here are the results from the fixtures in my OP.

Chelsea's Next Games:

A Everton D 1-1

A Fulham W 3-1

H Bolton L 1-0

A Birmingham D 1-1

H Arsenal W 3-1

H Wigan D 1-1

A Newcastle L 2-0

H Sunderland W 3-1

Arsenal's Next Games:

H Tottenham D 0-0

A Sunderland D 2-2

H Man City W 3-0

A Liverpool W 1-0

H Blackburn W 2-0

A Chelsea L 3-1

A Aston Villa W 3-1

H Preston W 3-0

A Middlesbrough D 0-0

Liverpool's Next Games:

A Fulham W 3-0

A Portsmouth D 0-0

H Arsenal L 1-0

A Everton D 1-1

H Bolton W 1-0

A Birmingham L 3-1

H Wigan D 1-1

Man Utd's(me) Next games:

H Blackburn W 2-1

H Tottenham W 3-1

A Aston Villa L 2-1

H Preston W 5-1

A Middlesbrough W 1-0

H Reading W 5-1

A Portsmouth L 3-1

Now to delve into the transfer market :D

Hursty Hursty Hursty

Unlucky for me though, 1-0 down to Hayes and Yeading (Bottom Club) after 7 mins!!! :( :(

Why me?

Up your attack bar two notches, your passing bar down one and your creative freedom down two and watch the magic work ;)

Up your attack bar two notches, your passing bar down one and your creative freedom down two and watch the magic work ;)

To bad the match is over before I see this.

Final Score

Hayes & Yeading (22nd) 2-1 Havant & Waterlooville (17th)

I'm in despair evan thinking about resigning :( :( :(

Not yet My Friend

Hampton & Richmond 0-2 Havant & Waterlooville (Illugason with 2 goals) 70 mins in

I am also going to make an career thread on GD after this match feel free to chip in

Jinxed you say? Well I don't know

Hampton & Richmond 0-3 Havant & Waterlooville (Illugason 27, 35 Taggart 87) FULL TIME :D

My first win in the league

I'm suprised no one has said a derby is a match between local rivals, not fierce rivals

Liverpool v Manchester United is definitely a derby game. In fact, it is often referred to as the North West derby.

The term derby basically signifies that the game is a between teams in the same town, city or region.

I use the example of the East Anglian derby (also known as the Old Farm derby :D). Norwich and Ipswich are 40 miles apart. Liverpool and Manchester are around 30 miles apart. Both sets of teams are also in different counties. However, they both have a fierce rivalry mainly based on geographical location. If the former is a derby game, then so is the latter.

Have a look on Wikipedia regarding the origin of the word 'derby' as applied to football here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_derby

And a list of derby games in Britain here along with commonly used names here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_derbies_in_the_United_Kingdom

Hope that helps.

C.

I use the example of the East Anglian derby (also known as the Old Farm derby ). Norwich and Ipswich are 40 miles apart.

We hope as Norwich people that the margin between us will move further away. The Scum Tractor Boys :D

Archived