so i spent 27 years at dag & red.

from BSP to premiership. 4 premier league medals, 4 FA cup medals, 5 Champions league medals, amongst others during my time there.

id been wanting to leave for a while. wanting a new challenge abroad, and after i won the treble, real madrid came calling, so i thought why not?

i knew i was a 'club legend' at dag & red, but then after my move. gone! : ( no sooner had i cleared my desk, it was like id been forgotten. my 27 years of blood, sweat and tears down the pan!!

and to make matters worse, i had some time off and dag & red were playing in the FA cup final, so i thought id pop along. after the game i get a news item containing something like the following.

'the press are stumped for ideas as to why i attended the match'

well put a knife through my heart why dont you!! i was heart broken.

so to cut a long story short!! please change this for next year!! and youll have less broken hearts

haha - yeah, the career game could be more enhanced. I feel SI probably focus on the shorter, EPL games to get in more new players.

It would be great to have some sort of accolades.

Ie. You have been named Manager of teh century at Dag and Red. ...or...

Perhaps after some timescale, 5 years you get something, 10 years you are awarded some ceremony, 15 years key to the city, 20 years you are in teh football hall of fame and so forth. Only news items but a nice touch. ...or even...

Perhaps after 30 years you get a testimonial match where you actually take to the field and get to manage yourself (and for the first an donly time you get to see your player stats - at the age of 80).

Happened to me with Liverpool, 10 League titles, 10 CHampions League Titles, 9 FA Cups & 9 League Cups. Was a Legend when I was there, the day I left I was the most hated guy every associated with the club. I only took over Italy though.

So I loaded up the editor and put myself back as a Legend. By doing this, I think it will give me a better chance of going back there to manage against 1 day if the opportunity arises

Archived