Are my expectations too high?

I finished third in my first season with newcastle and now im in my second season and i really wanted to win the league, however ive slipped up a bit too much and the league is out of my grasp although im in the quarters of the champions league and have won the league cup. Are my expectations to high to win the league in the second season? i know i will definately win the league next season just two or three world class players away. Another worry is taking a step bk as im currently in 5th place and really need to maintain champions league qualification.

I'd say yes, I'd also suggest that 'definately winning the league next season' is a touch ambitious. Maybe you will but I'm not sure how you can be so certain :)

I spent 7 years with MK Dons finishing just off the pace in the PL. Finished 2nd once, then 5th, then I spent the next five seasons finishing between 2nd and 4th. I finally won it but it took a lot of hard work to get there, even thought I was seemingly buying in much better players.

I'd say aim for the stars but don't be too down if you fall a couple more times.

Im certain i will win it next season because i win all the big teams as it is. But my squad is fairly small i tend to slip up cos i dont have a awesome back up striker could do with a extra cm and an extra cb

also i was only 4 points of winning the league in the first season but the spending power of man city beat me. I just couldnt cope with the class of zhirkov, hamsik and vagner love

You'll enjoy FM more if you don't place too much pressure on yourself. I felt I was doing that at one point, so I took a two week break from the game and came back more relaxed and I feel I'm enjoying it more now.

It's just taken me 6 seasons in the Finnish top flight to win the league. It was a case of building a team up over time and staying patient with it, and in the end I got my reward. I'm sure in time you'll win the title.

Excellent acheivement with Newcastle :)

Just to add to everyone elses thoughts: try and solidify your finishes and build for the future now. Obviously you'll need some top players to progress to the next level, but don't forget to build a very strong youth team and bring them on.

just to update i finished my second season 5th only a point behind 4th spot. i think all the cup comps where the killer for me. Got to the semi finals of the champions league winning real madrtid 7-0 in one of the legs in the quarters. I then got eventual cpl winners and holders barcalona only to be unlucky with defeat as i drew the fist leg 2-2 after being 2-0 up then was winning the second leg at camp nou only for them to come back and win which i put down to 6 of my regulars being injured. Bit gutted that i only get get a crack at euro cup next season but hey what the hell sure to be another trophy to go alongside my league cup. Also with 56 million to spend for next season my first real amount of money i think ageuro is on the cards to battle it out with kerrison and cardozo. I was also thinking of getting fellaini as i imagine he will be awesome from set pieces and as great stats. as anybody bought fellaini before and been happy with him?

just to update i finished my second season 5th only a point behind 4th spot. i think all the cup comps where the killer for me. Got to the semi finals of the champions league winning real madrtid 7-0 in one of the legs in the quarters. I then got eventual cpl winners and holders barcalona only to be unlucky with defeat as i drew the fist leg 2-2 after being 2-0 up then was winning the second leg at camp nou only for them to come back and win which i put down to 6 of my regulars being injured. Bit gutted that i only get get a crack at euro cup next season but hey what the hell sure to be another trophy to go alongside my league cup. Also with 56 million to spend for next season my first real amount of money i think ageuro is on the cards to battle it out with kerrison and cardozo. I was also thinking of getting fellaini as i imagine he will be awesome from set pieces and as great stats. as anybody bought fellaini before and been happy with him?

Word of advice. Ageuro... don't I have never got him to play once.

Archived