Football Manager: It's More than a game, It's a way of life.

Hello all and Thanks for reading this thread,

Football Manager isn't just an ordinary game, it's a way of life. How do we know this? Well just think about it. If your in a game at the moment do you not feel attached to your save game, like it yours to keep and cherish and remind yourself of the good times.

Football Manager has many different emotions that come with the package. Whether your

1-0 up with 5 minutes to go or 0-1 down with 5 minutes to go we all feel emotion that is very intense, like we were actully there in the real world.

I'm feeling kinda down at the moment not because of life, but because Havant & Waterlooville havn't won a game in the League since I arived and we are slipping down the table at an alarming rate, and its like it is all my fault.

But I know when I wake up tomorrow I will think about Havant & Waterlooville all day and come back again stronger than ever to try and get them out of this prediciment.

It's different to such games like Call Of Duty and others because it is your world their and it never stops. There are always different paths to take.

I do hope this has made sense people

Saxonaitor (With thanks to Hurstys2 and Hershie for giving me the inspiration)

When at work, I think about my upcoming matches and who may be my transfer targets in the upcoming transfer window. I also think about how long I will be in my current managerial job and if I move, where I will move to. Is that a bit too much ?

When at work, I think about my upcoming matches and who may be my transfer targets in the upcoming transfer window. I also think about how long I will be in my current managerial job and if I move, where I will move to. Is that a bit too much ?

No It's not my friend

Has anyone also dreamed about it for real ? there have been a few times I did dream about it, woke up that morning and played the game, trying to remember what I did in the dream because in the dreams I always won !

I have dreamed about it, not playing the game, but the actual current save. Its happened a few times and just pictures my save being real life, I think its from playing it solidly during holidays/breaks.

I think its more of a hobby than just a game, because it can be related to real football.

I felt so proud before I played CL final against Barca with Fulham. I knew we had no chance so I was just proud of the boys for getting there, after the heartbreak of being knocked out through away goals in the past 2 seasons.

Then, Barca take an early goal. Pride turns to worry, as I expect to lose, but this could be a thumping. We concede another in the first half, so it's bad but still respectable. However, I'm disappointed with the lack of passion shown by the team, so I have a go at them.

During the second half we are the better team, and claw a goal back. Pride is restored, but more importantly hope is born. Despite several chances we can't get the elusive equaliser. At full time I sympathize because they gave it their all in the second 45 minutes.

On inspection of the match stats, both teams have exactly the same stats, apart from possession 51-49 in Barca's favour. I regret what could have been...

All these emotions in 10 minutes??? :D

Archived