Being able to choose jerseys before match?

This idea just came to my mind, I was doing a pre-season friendly with Nantes and they wore their light-green kit, while my Prefab side was wearing the yellow kit. It would be a small and cool feature imo.

All teams in RL have to decide on these teams before a match i was lucky enough to be apart of one of those meetings where they descuss things like team kits, gk kits, amount of press, amount of medics etc...

It would add a great sense of realism because as you know we have to manage the team as a whole. As i am on that topic another great addition would be charity and advertising avents such as a avertising company comes up to you to ask you to use one of your players in a advert etc.. This would be a great way to increase your clubs stature and also tokeep players happy as well ofcoure to receive income... IMO...

Surely this is why you have a second and third kit so you do not need to choose which one to play in.

At home you always play in your home kit or first kit and away you either play in your home kit (if it is not the same or similar colour to your opposition) or your away kit!

You do not need to choose.

I like this too, simply because sometimes the computer isn't smart enough to pick two markedly different colours, and end up having similar shades of kit for both teams.

So sometimes human intervention is needed.

It is definitely a feature in international football IRL. I remember Irelands group in USA 94 everyone wanted to wear their away colours (all 4 wore white away) and it was a bit of a mess really. I expect to see the same again next summer.

• 2 months later...
I like this, as my team never plays in its home kit away and it annoys me to see us playing in blue in away games as it just doesn't happen irl.

Same with my team, the away kit is played in away from home unless it clashes, then its the 3rd kit and then the home kit.

It would also avoid clashes which sometimes the game cannot do.

Personally I don't give a monkey's what my team wears on the pitch. I don't play FM to see how fashionable and stylish my players look (except in the footballing sense!)

As long as there isn't a clash with the other team, then my lot could be wearing a salmon and pink monstrosity akin to Scotland a few years back for all I care.

But outta interest, how in these meetings we know what kit the opposite team will use?

If the other club always chooses first then it wouldnt be realistic. Or is it always the home club choosing both?

I think the user should choose both kits, its the only way to avoid clashes.

Then people can leave it as it is or change to avoid a clash or change to make it realistic by wearing the away kit away from home.

But outta interest, how in these meetings we know what kit the opposite team will use?

If the other club always chooses first then it wouldnt be realistic. Or is it always the home club choosing both?

The home team will always play in the home kit.

Only the away team has to choose.

Archived